Butts park arena? (1 Viewer)

jimmyhillsfanclub

Like the idea of it
Apart from the maximum only ever been 25k
What if one day we are owned by people who do have the capability to get us to the premiership?
It would be perfect if their was a way to extend to 30k

Well, hopefully by then the "new owners" will be able to buy the ricoh out of receivership.......fingers crossed.

clint van damme

just thought about how bad this would be for me living in Earlsdon. All the bullshit I've given the missus over the years, got to leave early for the game because of traffic. Stayed in the pub for a few because I couldn't get a taxi.

Can't use them when I 'm 5 minutes up the road. This is terrible news!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Oh.....hang on....the council own the butts don't they?

I assume that's "the interest" in question.....

...bugger...

SkyBlueZack

It would appear even more so that the councils interest is screwing over the local sporting teams. Trying to ensure Wasps are successful so their decision is vindicated. But it isn't about egos? Still waiting for my answers as to how the council don't have an agenda against the club when all evidence indicates they do.

clint van damme

to be fair, I see the retirement village been a massive stumbling block. Looks as if the council are already trying to milk it for though.

Super Graham Withey

I have a terrible feeling that the hedge fund is looking for somewhere to bail out to when they launch their court action against CCC/Wasps !? They won't spend any money redeveloping more than to legal requirements. This is another ground move in the offing only somewhat closer ?! They won't be happy until they have completely destroyed the football club and exhausted all legal avenues. The football league should finally show some balls and step in !
Spot on. The Butts is the new Sixfields. This is all about SISU's upcoming court action against CCC/Wasps and upcoming negotiations for a new lease at the Ricoh. The news breaks a week after SISU's latest setback in court. SISU to continuing to play their games whilst the football club stagnates/goes backwards.

Nick

Administrator
Spot on. The Butts is the new Sixfields. This is all about SISU's upcoming court action against CCC/Wasps and upcoming negotiations for a new lease at the Ricoh. The news breaks a week after SISU's latest setback in court. SISU to continuing to play their games whilst the football club stagnates/goes backwards.

Broken by Cov RFC, why would they do it?

chiefdave

Is it just me or does Cllr Maton seems to revel in being a complete and utter knob! Get the feeling that he can't wait to veto this and damage CCFC yet again.

They can't wait to give the football club another kicking.

The Ricoh, which of course is out of town and not very accessible by public transport has 2K parking spaces. A quick count up in the city centre shows over 8K parking spaces. There's the park and ride as well, which is another 500 spaces and of course, as with the Ricoh, matchday park and ride could operate from other sites.

And of course its only a 10-15 minute walk from the train station, the same from the bus stops in New Union Street and only a couple of minutes longer from Pool Meadow.

The old folks home was built next to an existing stadium, if they don't like people being around on match days they've built it in the wrong place.

Nick

Administrator
to be fair, I see the retirement village been a massive stumbling block. Looks as if the council are already trying to milk it for though.

I am pretty sure most weekends they will be playing loud music themselves if it is like any of their other sites.

It was built next to an existing stadium anyway, so they should half expect something from there.

oldfiver

Is it just me or does Cllr Maton seems to revel in being a complete and utter knob! Get the feeling that he can't wait to veto this and damage CCFC yet again.

Better stop the Godiva Festival then for the people around the Memorial Park Area

chiefdave

I am pretty sure most weekends they will be playing loud music themselves if it is like any of their other sites.

Good point, most of them are deaf so noise isn't an issue! Not like fans are going to be in the retirement complex.

torchomatic

Who broke the news again?

torchomatic

I eagerly await the Trust statement on this.

chiefdave

Drinking in the City centre again,I'm up for it great news if it happens!!!

It would be great for the city. I can see a lot more money being spent in the city centre on a matchday than is currently spent near the Ricoh. Plus if your mrs complains about you going to the match you can suggest she goes into town for a bit!

Could be good for Blaze as well. Schedule some games for after our matches and get some new fans in.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I cant find it but I am sure this restrictive covenant isn't new, sure I saw mention of it a while back. That the 125 year lease CRFC had contained the restriction

SkyBlueHomer

In an ideal world it is perfect being in the City Centre but this needs a lot of work. Not only can we get a stadium big enough on the site but can the local infrastructure cope?
Correct me if i'm wrong but im sure we have heard all the 'we are in talks regarding a site before'.

Nick

Administrator
In an ideal world it is perfect being in the City Centre but this needs a lot of work. Not only can we get a stadium big enough on the site but can the local infrastructure cope?
Correct me if i'm wrong but im sure we have heard all the 'we are in talks regarding a site before'.

This was from Cov RFC though, if it was Tim Fisher then I'd guess it could be filed in the bollocks / spin drawer.

What's in it for Cov RFC?

Malaka

I cant see it happening. Im sure that there is a need to provide facilities i.e. parking and traffic control with new sites. Personally, I would like to stay at the Ricoh or build another stadium on the outskirts.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Bournemouth's record ever crowd though is 28,000. Traditionally they have not been as well supported as Coventry City.

Also, correct me if I am wrong here but haven't they been saying they desperately need to increase their capacity?

15,000 would not be enough for us for big games. Not nearly enough.

Had we made the playoffs this season we would have easily got over 20,000 for any one of the games against either Walsall, or Bradford, or Millwall or Barnsley.

Big cup game, close to 30,000 and if we had a 15,000 stadium I would say that would be very much lacking ambition for the future and would very much be only a short term fix.
this my concern otis your spot on, whats point having less then 20k stadium if we get promoted ect and big cup games the club lose revenue, cant they see from previous fixtures in big games the crowds they will get.

torchomatic

No, it was all nonsense made up by Les Reid.

torchomatic

this my concern otis your spot on, whats point having less then 20k stadium if we get promoted ect and big cup games the club lose revenue, cant they see from previous fixtures in big games the crowds they will get.

Well, if people turned up in numbers at the Ricoh then I would agree. However, they don't so I think 15K rising would be fine to begin with. It would create demand and mean that fans would have to buy a ticket to guarantee a seat.

Nick

Administrator

But then you have the argument of do you build a 30k stadium on the off chance of 1 or 2 big games a year?

You build something extendable in case of promotion etc.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
This is still going to take a long time to achieve even if successful
- planning permissions needed
- planning objections
- possible referral to Secretary of State
- possible legals
- funding requirements to sort
- then 18mths? to build

Say 4 years total? possibly much longer How long did the New York Stadium take with the council being fully supportive?

In the meantime CCFC are at the Ricoh on the present deal to August 2018, that will no doubt have to be extended. Wasps/ACL are not going to offer better terms if they know CCFC are going are they? So if these other income streams are so vital to success ........... doesn't that hold us back. Unless the new ground is agreed then the owners or new investors wont put extra money in .....doesn't that hold us back because it is going to need a whole lot of extra money to be success the higher up the Club goes

If the stadium is a partnership then doesn't that mean the Rugby club gets its related income CCFC gets its related income and the non sport stuff is split. No one gets 365 day income?

Article I put up on here the other week indicated stadium naming rights especially lower divisions were not that big numbers if saleable at all

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread