But we dont have any other income....... (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

I am guessing that the £75k is F&B on the concourse because the Hospitality and executive boxes are sold directly by the club. (advertised on CCFC website)
Which illustrates another issue with our situation. We are paying retail for the F&B in hospitality so struggle to make anything on it. In fact as we have to purchase for every game on the basis of hospitality being at capacity it wouldn't be at all surprising if we actually make a loss on this for some games.

wingy

Margin should generally run 25-35% for stadium catering. However if you also factor in that our prices are the highest in the leagwe ue (according to the BBC's price of football survey) then it is reasonable to suggest the margin should be higher.

But even if it isn't you'd be looking at £360K compare to £70K, a not insignificant amount at this level. And of course if we were successful and attendances increased that number would rise.
Probably similar to when we were at HR but as a top club, with the associated liabilities too.
Only guessing here but I think the reason we're probably the highest was a hike to accommodate our cut.

Astute

Margin should generally run 25-35% for stadium catering. However if you also factor in that our prices are the highest in the league (according to the BBC's price of football survey) then it is reasonable to suggest the margin should be higher.

But even if it isn't you'd be looking at £360K compare to £70K, a not insignificant amount at this level. And of course if we were successful and attendances increased that number would rise.
If Fisher is so unhappy about someone else running the catering and taking a cut why does he hand over other parts of income streams we have to others? They won't be doing it for free either.

wingy

Which illustrates another issue with our situation. We are paying retail for the F&B in hospitality so struggle to make anything on it. In fact as we have to purchase for every game on the basis of hospitality being at capacity it wouldn't be at all surprising if we actually make a loss on this for some games.
Which is why some levels of it have been dropped /unavailable.
Probably as demand isn't there.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Margin should generally run 25-35% for stadium catering. However if you also factor in that our prices are the highest in the league (according to the BBC's price of football survey) then it is reasonable to suggest the margin should be higher.

You are comparing two different things so the comparison is flawed. You can only do a valid comparison of the £70k to the net figure (turnover less costs) that Scunthorpe receive which at a 30% margin would be £110k. Any other comparison is a fisherism

chiefdave

If Fisher is so unhappy about someone else running the catering and taking a cut why does he hand over other parts of income streams we have to others? They won't be doing it for free either.
Wouldn't you have to look at each agreement? Its not like ACL do the F&B themselves, they outsource it in the first place as I would imagine most clubs do.

They key is what you get back in return and looking at the information on this thread we get a fraction of what Scunthorpe get even when you factor in associated costs.

Bill Glazier

Great analysis as ever OSB. What's SISU's game do you think? If they were looking for the club to thrive you'd think they'd try and increase revenues wherever they could, but as you imply, they don't seem that bothered. So, is it to sell off all remaining assets, mainly academy players and Ryton, and finally the club's name and golden share whilst all along pretending they're not? I'm darned if I can see any other explanation.

skybluetony176

You're still not looking at £360K to £75K, you're looking at £ 90K - £126K (based on 25-35% profit) against £75K but you also have to factor in costs and ricks of the whole sit. If we owned the Ricoh and took the whole profit of £150K it wouldn't be a case of thank you very much let's throw it at the first team, you have the cost of operating the whole site to take into consideration first. How much of Scunthorpes £90K - £ 126K actually gets reinvested in the team? How much goes towards the operating cost's of the site? is it more than the £75K that we take with non of the associated costs and risks? I would bet no.

chiefdave

You are comparing two different things so the comparison is flawed. You can only do a valid comparison of the £70k to the net figure (turnover less costs) that Scunthorpe receive which at a 30% margin would be £110k. Any other comparison is a fisherism
That's my point! Factor in the difference in attendance and that margin for Scunthorpe would equate to £360K for us based on the same 30% margin.

wingy

Wouldn't you have to look at each agreement? Its not like ACL do the F&B themselves, they outsource it in the first place as I would imagine most clubs do.

They key is what you get back in return and looking at the information on this thread we get a fraction of what Scunthorpe get even when you factor in associated costs.
You get around 65-70% without any risk and it appears our hospitality goes to us whatever that is.

skybluetony176

You could argue that essentially the match day catering has been franchised out like the shop, tickets and programs.

Astute

Scunthorpe won't get much more than us. For that they take all the risks and organise everything. Fisher receives our share for doing nothing. It pays most of our present rent. Scunny have to pay for the upkeep of their stadium. That won't be cheap. So overall we will be better off stadium and income wise.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
think you have to own your own stadium or at least have a long term commitment to something to get that 30%.............. which then of course brings the indirect costs like capital finance or higher rents & stadium overheads 365/24/7 in to play ............. which then decreases the amount F&B ends up contributing to player budgets.....

skybluetony176

Fisher wanted to outsource the whole lot didn't he if SISU took control of the Ricoh. To AEG if I remember correctly. What would that have left for the club? Also why AEG? Is there a conection there with SISU?

skybluetony176

How would it stack up at the Butts then?

It's hard to see how it would. Especially when you're capping your ticket revenue. It all depends on what long term deal we can negotiate at the Ricoh I guess but based on the current deal I cant see how it does. Especially when you start to factor in the cost of developing and associated running cost that we don't currently have.

dongonzalos

If I was running the show I advice SISU that you have to speculate to accumulate. There is no better time to do it than division4 where the investment would not need to be extortionate.
I would convince them that under Robins we have a genuine chance. I would convince them to give Robins a top 2 budget. I would convince them that we need to earn the fans trust.
I would devise a scheme where you agree to buy a season ticket for £300. You pay £100 upfront. At the halfway point of the season. If we are not within 9 points of the playoffs you can walk away if you choose however if we are within 9 points you are automatically charged the £200
It's shows firstly SISU are prepared to give us a top two budget and do want success.
It shows they have confidence that we will achieve it.
It's an incentive and a thank you to the loyal fans who no longer believe and are about to walk away.
For SISU you are speculating to accumulate, of course there is a gamble. However under the current plan the drop in ticket sales will result in us been very lucky if we can mount a challenge.

Last edited:

Astute

So. My weak points are maths and swearing.

Am I safe to assume all this bollocks proves Fisher is talking shit?
It is something you will have to decide for yourself. If anyone calls him a liar on here certain posters jump in and try to defend him.

But to make it easier for you to decide Fisher says our only income is from ticket sales. We are talking about other income streams other than ticket sales.

chiefdave

How much goes towards the operating cost's of the site?
costs like capital finance or higher rents & stadium overheads 365/24/7 in to play
But then you would offset those costs against what we pay in rent wouldn't you? How much are other teams paying annually on maintenance.

The only one I'm aware of is Pompey having to pay out £400K when the trust took over but that's a 120 year old stadium that didn't have any maintenance done for years.

If the model we currently have is a good one then it raises the question of why are we the only club doing it?

NorthernWisdom

this kind of backs up what Fisher says doesn't it? That in L1 and L2 we have the ability to be competitive as our attendances can offset the revenue streams we don't get that others do but move up to the Championship and that doesn't apply.
Fisher did indeed say that the deal signed for the stadium was a good one at this level, but not a good one higher up. Don't remember it being broken down any more precisely than I've said, but that point was made about the ground.

hill83

It is something you will have to decide for yourself. If anyone calls him a liar on here certain posters jump in and try to defend him.

But to make it easier for you to decide Fisher says our only income is from ticket sales. We are talking about other income streams other than ticket sales.

I'll have a proper read through later on at work. I'm doing the classic night shift, 'trying to sleep in the day and instantly being wide awake for no reason', routine at the moment.

wingy

If I was running the show I advice SISU that you have to speculate to accumulate. There is no better time to do it than division4 where the investment would not need to be extortionate.
I would convince them that under Robins we have a genuine chance. I would convince them to give Robins a top 2 budget. I would convince them that we need to earn the fans trust.
I would device a scheme where you agree to buy a season ticket for £300. You pay £100 upfront. At the halfway point of the season. If we are not within 9 points of the playoffs you can walk away if you choose however if we are within 9 points you are automatically charged the £200
It's shows firstly SISU are prepared to give us s top two budget and do want success.
It shows they have confidence that we will achieve it.
It's an incentive and a thank you to the loyal fans who no longer believe and are about to walk away.
For SISU you are speculating to accumulate, of course there is a gamble. However under the current plan the drop in ticket sales will result in us been very lucky if we can challenge.
Novel.
Or on promotion we all commit to throw in an extra hundred.

chiefdave

Fisher wanted to outsource the whole lot didn't he if SISU took control of the Ricoh. To AEG if I remember correctly.
Would be no different to now would it. Wasps own it and ACL operate the stadium and associated facilities.

AEG would be ideal, they're the worlds largest operator of sports stadiums and the worlds second largest operator of live music and events.

Captain Dart

I love it when Timmy bullshit is deconstructed.

skybluetony176

But then you would offset those costs against what we pay in rent wouldn't you? How much are other teams paying annually on maintenance.

The only one I'm aware of is Pompey having to pay out £400K when the trust took over but that's a 120 year old stadium that didn't have any maintenance done for years.

If the model we currently have is a good one then it raises the question of why are we the only club doing it?

But at the preferred option of the BPA we'd still be paying rent, we would be capping our attendances at a much lower (maybe nearly a third) level than what we could get now, what extra income streams would we actually be getting (why are CRFC likely to share any of the other 24/7/365 income more than Wasps/ACL?) and at what cost, what other associated costs will we be stumping up for that we don't have to now?

Captain Dart

Astute

If you don't own your own stadium you don't have long term security. We know that very well. You depend on others.

How many people would you employ to keep your stadium in good shape? Add materials. Or do you use a company that would want to make a profit?

A long term agreement at a low rate like we have now is an advantage. A high rent like we had before is a liability.

Captain Dart

Grendel was in this thread ten minutes ago and hasn't posted anything yet. That's a half decent barometer.
He is waiting a while before trying to derail the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread