Bury (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

You can’t stop them buying but you can restrict their ability to play in the Football League.

He goes on to talk about it being an ongoing process, each year proving they have the ability to fund the club & fulfil their obligations.
But in practice how would it work? Take us as an example. When SISU came in they would have passed any F&P test. So when it became clear they weren't, a few years down the line, is the expectation that the club are thrown out of the league? Don't see how that is good for supporters?

He talks of fulfilling obligations which to me says he's ignoring the bigger issue that clubs aren't self sustaining. For me that is what you need to get under control.

Frostie

But in practice how would it work? Take us as an example. When SISU came in they would have passed any F&P test. So when it became clear they weren't, a few years down the line, is the expectation that the club are thrown out of the league? Don't see how that is good for supporters?

He talks of fulfilling obligations which to me says he's ignoring the bigger issue that clubs aren't self sustaining. For me that is what you need to get under control.

In what way are SISU not 'fit & proper' though? They are hugely unpopular (and rightly so) but they have not reneged on their obligations to play in the Football League & clearly have the funding to do so.

Clubs cannot self sustain at our level, the gap between PL finances & the rest is too stark & growing wider. Championship clubs now lose over £1.5m per day!

There has to be a better redistribution of money down from the PL & the EFL is complicit in this too.

Reactions: vow

shepardo01

Interestingly just been listening to talk sport.... a lot of talk that "Bury wish to be expelled from the football league so that they can start again as a Phoenix club!"
Pretty much word for word from Durham on the radio. I also see the "Trust" were due to join them (Bury) with "representatives" from clubs like Blackpool, Bolton, Charlton to meet with someone from the EFL to discuss ownership issues...
See that they (trust) can put energy into this but have been silent recently regarding our own situation. Also intetesting that Bury have this idea re the Phoenix club... wonder who has been talking to their fans groups!!!!

Frostie

Interestingly just been listening to talk sport.... a lot of talk that "Bury wish to be expelled from the football league so that they can start again as a Phoenix club!"

Sadly, unless Bury can get a new, credible, owner who is prepared to pay Dale a ridiculous amount for doing nothing at all then that’s their only scenario I fear.
Completely different to us where a phoenix club shouldn’t even be up for discussion.

Brighton Sky Blue

Just has joe Carla on ssn. He said there was that many holes in the books that HMRC would love to get a look. He was clear that the owner wants them to fold. Disgusting behaviour, we have been through shit but nothing on this

His background is in liquidation it's clear where this was headed since he took over. He'll probably garner the resulting proceeds

Grendel

Not seen much on this issue this morning but somewhere says he accepted an offer?

He has but the potential buyers say it will take some time to conclude so it would mean further extensions

Grendel

NorthernWisdom

He could do a Jim Royal look alike gig if he’s struggling to raise funds
He does seem a quite remarkable character! Coventry Rugby Club had a similar one not so many years ago, he tried to put them into liquidation, but couldn't even do that right, so they were able to step in, force administration, and get a decent owner that way.

It takes a special person to want to take a fixture in the community down however. Messing it up because of ego / bravado / naivety is bad, but you can at least understand...

His interviews are just absurd!

Covstu

He has but the potential buyers say it will take some time to conclude so it would mean further extensions
They have to get this right or risk another tossed coming through who isn’t fit to continue beyond year 1

Brighton Sky Blue

He does seem a quite remarkable character! Coventry Rugby Club had a similar one not so many years ago, he tried to put them into liquidation, but couldn't even do that right, so they were able to step in, force administration, and get a decent owner that way.

It takes a special person to want to take a fixture in the community down however. Messing it up because of ego / bravado / naivety is bad, but you can at least understand...

His interviews are just absurd!

Smurfwaite shed some light on it when he said the owner was wanting nearly £4m for the land. Pay the players nothing, bust the club and leave with maximum profit. Should be criminal...

oucho

Got my fingers crossed for them, but with a 5pm deadline and the takeover having apparently fallen through (despite some great optimism in the last few days) it's looking very grim for them.

EDIT - this is one their website from a few minutes ago:

"
Bury Football Club would like to issue the following statement to supporters.

We understand that this is a difficult and emotional time for all supporters given the recent news regarding a potential takeover.

While the Club are working hard looking at other potential avenues with other interested parties, we would like to remind supporters that no one should gain access to inside the stadium (unless authorised).

CCTV is installed at Gigg Lane, and anyone damaging Club property or trespassing into the stadium itself will be identified and appropriately dealt with by the Police, who will have access to current and previous CCTV footage.

We would like to urge supporters to remain patient and respectful for Club property. "

Reading between the lines, are they worried that angry fans will converge on the ground and break in to trash the place????/

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

More likely nick mementos.

For the administrator it's all stuff that could potentially be sold to pay off creditors.

oucho

@Nick any chance you can merge this thread with the other one on the CCFC forum please?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Sky_Blue_Dreamer 26Aug 12:04pm said:
I've got a feeling the Bury one won't go through either because I reckon the buyers won't like the look of the books. Something about their owner I just find very untrustworthy, not to mention delusional.{/QUOTE]

tisza

Sadly (but understandably) expelled from the League.
Football financing and ownership needs a major overhaul.
There is an ugly knock-on effect of the PL incomes that has poisoned the lower leagues.
Latest stats are that Championship clubs combined are losing 1.6m per day.
There is no attention paid to FFP etc. Always a loophole.

Gazolba

I regret the demise of Woolworths more than I will miss Bury or Bolton.
They will start up again in non-league, but Woolworths is gone forever.

Users who are viewing this thread