Burnley to bid for Vik (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

Win at Reading next week we will be right up in the playoff mix too
We are in a good position, playing well win our two games in hand both at home we are just three points off the automatic spots. Six games up to New Year’s Day four at home, before transfer window opens. The message to Kompany is simple “miljaar” off.

Sick Boy

At least we’d still have another 25 goal a season striker here to fire us into the play-offs. 👍🏼

skyblu3sk

Lose Gykores and we are in a relegation battle

Keep him and we challenge top 6

Cant remember a time where one player is so pivotal to a club
Not sure it's quite this stark now we have tightened up at the back. Gyok definitely makes a difference no doubt but with the other talent around him I think we'd still be comfortable rather than in a relegation battle. And obviously no where near the play offs!

Brylowes

No point paying any attention to this or any other talk of January sales.
If what we’re being told regarding the club ownership is the truth and it gets ratified in time, we probably won’t sell anyone, if it’s complete and utter BS and/or isn’t completed in time, we will definitely will ‘and almost certainly for less than they’re worth.

Brylowes

Be like selling your 200k house for 120k , mental behaviour
But if the person making the offer knows you have £80.000 equity in your House but can’t afford the mortgage payments and the bank are about to repossess leaving you with nothing and bankrupt, why would he offer more.

shmmeee

It's no coincidence that our upturn in form has coincided with the return of CoH; both are pivotal for us and losing either would be a major blow.

Don’t think that’s strictly true. Arguably our run of form started quite a few games before he came back.

slowpoke

No point paying any attention to this or any other talk of January sales.
If what we’re being told regarding the club ownership is the truth and it gets ratified in time, we probably won’t sell anyone, if it’s complete and utter BS and/or isn’t completed in time, we will definitely will ‘and almost certainly for less than they’re worth.
But to sell any player or buy for that matter someone has to do the paper work etc. Sepalla can’t, I doubt Boddy dare if he wants a job after takeover, who else could

Brylowes

But to sell any player or buy for that matter someone has to do the paper work etc. Sepalla can’t, I doubt Boddy dare if he wants a job after takeover, who else could
Well if that were the case and nobody had a hand on the rudder and bills were going unpaid, an administrator would have to be appointed I guess 🤔 then we really would be selling on the cheap.

Brighton Sky Blue

Really this speculation turning into reality or not depends on the ownership situation being resolved before January. But the fact we've lost and not replaced our recruitment team on top of that doesn't exactly help.

slowpoke

Well if that were the case and nobody had a hand on the rudder and bills were going unpaid, an administrator would have to be appointed I guess 🤔 then we really would be selling on the cheap.
Why would bills be going unpaid we will have about half a million quid in cash through the turnstiles in December

David O'Day

Really this speculation turning into reality or not depends on the ownership situation being resolved before January. But the fact we've lost and not replaced our recruitment team on top of that doesn't exactly help.
it's pure forum speculation, look at how badly written it is

you'll get some stories using this as a source but look at it, it's pure burnley kev monks

CDK

This if it's tried then will tell us a lot about the takeover,Doug king ,and SISU,hopefully we keep Vic till at least end of season where if he keeps up the form he will be worth even more.

Great_Expectations

He is absolutely pivotal to how we play. As it COH, it isn’t one or the other.

Difference with COH we have alternatives at 10, even if they are inferior, but we can make it work, as we did even if playing poor football.

We have nobody anywhere near Gyokeres in terms of style, form or ability.

He would be an absolutely huge loss. Really not sure what it’s based on but I think he’ll be here until the end of the season, and become a Prem striker with us.

ProfessorbyGrace

Could be disastrous on the field if Vik goes. Unless there’s some serious/fortuitous reinvestment in a similar forward, but that will take time to nail down, plus our recruitment staff have been shown the door.

Ugggh.

Brylowes

Reckon they’re banking on us not being taken over before Jan and having to sell to keep the lights on.
100% this, a lot of clubs keeping a very close eye on our situation, if the takeover comes to nothing or it goes through but proves to be little more than a ‘changing of name‘ at companies house exercise.
On the same note if the takeover goes through and proves to be what we all hope it will be, I think these other clubs will melt away.

David O'Day

Haha Alan Nixon has "reported" it based on a post on the Burnley forum

If nixon says it them it's clearly bollocks

Greggs

Got a mate from that neck of the woods, apparently the rumours started as Viktor has been spotted in Burnley over the last couple of days. One of his cousins got a photo apparently. I'll see if he can get a copy. Awful news.

Users who are viewing this thread