Burge (2 Viewers)

SkyBlueCRJ

If he's managed to earn a contract at a Championship club fair play to him. It would be a step too far and he'll most likely find himself warming the bench for the majority of the season but why not take the chance whilst it's there. There's little we can do about that in relation to matching wages offered. Not that i'd be overly bothered anyway, very replaceable IMO.

pastythegreat

If he's managed to earn a contract at a Championship club fair play to him. It would be a step too far and he'll most likely find himself warming the bench for the majority of the season but why not take the chance whilst it's there. There's little we can do about that in relation to matching wages offered. Not that i'd be overly bothered anyway, very replaceable IMO.
I don't think it's just a case of being replaceable or not. If were serious about a promotion push next season, we need a keeper who is better than Burge. That is just a plain and simple fact.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

torchomatic

Will have to watch it again. If Burge had made a call for it he wouldn't have had to try and run so far to get to it.

Didn't Robins say that Burge shouted "keepers" or something similar. If so, then it's down to Burge.

SkyBlueCRJ

I don't think it's just a case of being replaceable or not. If were serious about a promotion push next season, we need a keeper who is better than Burge. That is just a plain and simple fact.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

That's the point I was getting at really. I think we've consolidated with the GK position for a number of seasons now and I think it's time for a change. Don't get me wrong Burge has done well over the past two seasons but realistically he's a mid-table League One GK and is unlikely to improve further. It's easier said than done obviously but if we're to move forward then MR needs to prioritise bringing in someone better.

Sky Blue Pete

Didn't Robins say that Burge shouted "keepers" or something similar. If so, then it's down to Burge.
It may have been someone’s else that shouted and if Willis had headed it back to him it would have been fine rather than the limp header given. That said it’s got to be cleared and for that it’s willis and no one else

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Burge , followed be Willis, followed by Bayliss and possibly homeless in the summer.

The joys of being a Cov City supporter .

giphy.gif

NortonSkyBlue

If he has signed a pre contract then we should try Addai in a few games. If his head was turned in early December......

covcity4life

Grrat news

Always have league 2 and chsckatrade memories but thks sill force us to upgrade our gk position. He is a lower end keeper in league 1

Otis

I feel Burge has improved a fair bit over the last 18 months, so it'll be a big loss if he goes in summer.
It will only be a big loss if we can't adequately replace him I would say.

I think we should be fine.

Otis

Just don't think it will prove to be too big a loss.

Not like trying to replace a 20
goal a season striker, that's what I meant. ;)

Don't think we will have any trouble at all picking up a decent keeper.

Captain Dart

I feel Burge has improved a fair bit over the last 18 months, so it'll be a big loss if he goes in summer.
He is just approaching his peak, the next club will benefit from that, we've given him the experience and it looks like we've failed to get a transfer fee. Can't win them all I suppose.

Reactions: vow

fernandopartridge

Burge would certainly be a loss, though I feel his part to play in the equaliser on Saturday came before Willis touched the ball. Burge had a set piece and instead of hitting the ball towards the corner flag, he hit it straight to their keeper. Long punt up field and the rest is history.

letsallsingtogether

Burge would certainly be a loss, though I feel his part to play in the equaliser on Saturday came before Willis touched the ball. Burge had a set piece and instead of hitting the ball towards the corner flag, he hit it straight to their keeper. Long punt up field and the rest is history.
He really can't win can he.
If he had of kicked out towards the corner and it went out for a throw he would have got shit distribution get him off.

Nick

Administrator
I think the issue is where he is aiming the kick.

If he was aiming for one of our players and it went out of play then yes, it's shit. If he is aiming for the corner and it goes out of play for a throw in by their corner flag then it's understandable.

It's obvious really.

letsallsingtogether

Dread to think what shit the next keeper will get if he is not as good as Gordon Banks.

larry_david

Burge to owls is surely nonsense. After westy they've got 2 younger keepers who are really highly rated. Unless all 3 are off burge will be going to be third choice

Users who are viewing this thread