Burge (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Burge is still talked about because he was mind blowingly frustrating giving away so many needless goals for us and then you'd come on here and people would stick up for him no matter what. Then when he left and we got someone better there was no "sorry I couldn't see what was in front of my eyes for 4 years, you're right he was shit" it just turned to "don't be mean about ex-players"

If people held their hands up it wouldn't be an issue. It's not even about him, it's posters who can't admit they were wrong.

Adge

Hopefully some championship club signs him so our chances of scoring against them dramatically increase

For me il always remember Walsall away , I genuinely hated him as a goalkeeper
Yep-singlehandedly gave them the game.

D

Deleted member 2477

Sunderland 2-0 up yesterday v Accrington and then Burge made two howlers again to let them back in it.
I think Sunderland will be like us and be looking for a new number 1

Blind-Faith

Just watched the highlights, he had a mare for the second goal for sure. Don’t know about the other two tbh

D

Deleted member 2477

The Sunderland forum is in meltdown. They recon he has cost them 20 points this season and their chance of the auto’s
The first goal he comes of his line then stops but it was poor defending as well. The second goal though was a disaster.
for me it shows what a difference a good solid keeper is worth in a team. It gives the defence confidence and gains you those few extra points that make a difference.

Grendel

To think some people wanted this joker to remain. Probably the same people who are championing Biamou the same.

Indeed

Sky Blue Pete

To think some people wanted this joker to remain. Probably the same people who are championing Biamou the same.
I was his main protector and I didn’t want him to stay at the end of his contract. Who are these fictitious fans?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Burge is still talked about because he was mind blowingly frustrating giving away so many needless goals for us and then you'd come on here and people would stick up for him no matter what. Then when he left and we got someone better there was no "sorry I couldn't see what was in front of my eyes for 4 years, you're right he was shit" it just turned to "don't be mean about ex-players"

If people held their hands up it wouldn't be an issue. It's not even about him, it's posters who can't admit they were wrong.

It's the same with Walker, Biamou, Robins, and more recently McCallum.

Some people will go to the ends of the earth to defend any one of them. They probably wouldn't get talked about so overwhelmingly if there wasn't so many over-weighted arguments.

Greggs

The older he gets - the uglier he seems to become. Do we think he is Oggy's kid after all?

Cov kid 55

It's the same with Walker, Biamou, Robins, and more recently McCallum.

Some people will go to the ends of the earth to defend any one of them. They probably wouldn't get talked about so overwhelmingly if there wasn't so many over-weighted arguments.
Although there are some posters who defend players when there is really no defense, I think other posters, myself included, object to the language sometimes used to pillory some of our players.

covcity4life

Lol just saw he did it again

He's been v lucky to have a league 1 career. But fair play to him. Did enough to help us win 2 trophies

Users who are viewing this thread