Burge Maybe on the move (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

Bit Dissapointed he didn’t get anything on either goal yesterday. They were hardly unstoppable shots.

In his defence, on the second goal I think he was a bit unsighted, and it looked like there was a slight deflection.

Skyblue_CP

He is obviously prone to the odd mistake, but what 3rd tier keeper isnt? What prem keeper isnt for that matter.. tbf to Burge i think he is one of our most improved players, hes kept us in many games over the last 2 seasons. Yes his kicking is admitedly poor, but he is an exceptional shot stopper, some of the saves he makes are tremendous and won us games. He has to be a priority to get on a new contract instead of taking another gamble on a young keeper from elsewhere.

Skybluefaz

He is obviously prone to the odd mistake, but what 3rd tier keeper isnt? What prem keeper isnt for that matter.. tbf to Burge i think he is one of our most improved players, hes kept us in many games over the last 2 seasons. Yes his kicking is admitedly poor, but he is an exceptional shot stopper, some of the saves he makes are tremendous and won us games. He has to be a priority to get on a new contract instead of taking another gamble on a young keeper from elsewhere.
He's not an exceptional shot stopper. He's a decent shot stopper.

covboy1987

Stoke fans like Haynes
Post by Onneravineet on Jan 15, 2019 at 8:36pm
Right now, put a bid in for their left back Ryan Haynes!!!!

Two footed and has put in the best two crosses in the game and the best corner and he’s rapid and defends brilliantly

Gint11

If Burge wants to stay then I’d keep him for now but I’d be scouting for a new No1 for the next few seasons. I don’t think he is good enough overall.

If he wants to go then it’s easy, sell up

Gazolba

Last I heard Vito Mannone was available.

rob9872

Having seen some of the other keepers we've played against this season I'm shocked some of you want him to leave. He's a league 1 keeper for a reason and compared with his peers one of the better ones. Would he be good enough a league up? Probably not, but then we're not in the Championship and that would be true of many outfield players too.

Adge

He’s ok at this level and that’s about it. He done really well first half of the season but his cock ups at/since Walsall away have again seen him get the jitters. That proves he is mentally week and maybe one of the reasons he will not make the next step.
Another problem is that we have been spoiled over the years (not so much lately) with really good keepers, the last top drawer one probably being Westwood. Fans (including myself) on that basis will always compare but the Westwood’s,Kirkland’s, Hedmans etc were not League 1.

Users who are viewing this thread