Burge Maybe on the move (1 Viewer)

better days

Haven't heard anything about Burge going
Can't see anything in this as LOB is going to be out for a while and Robins definitely wouldn't see Addai as being able to step up

Last edited:

Magwitch

Wouldn’t be surprised out of contract at the end of this season and may have already indicated he’s not staying if that’s correct then cashing in for a bit of dosh now makes sense. If that is the case I’m certain MR will have a replacement lined up.

JimmyHillsbeard

51%2BUysjJfrL._SX355_.jpg

We’re all going for promotion with Cory Addai/
Clean sheet after clean sheet with Cory Addai/
Now we’re going up and I know why/
Cory Addai, Cory Addai, Cory Addai

Otis

Better Days seems to be in the know. We've had quite a few snippets from him on here.

Magwitch

Adlai is 21 now if he ain’t good enough for third division football now I have to ask will he ever be? Les Sealey played top division football at 19 Jim Blythe was about the same and Leicester flogged the England keeper Gordon Banks and put 19 year old Peter Shilton in goal.

PVA

Burge is a good keeper at this level and is still young (for a keeper). Not surprised there is interest in him.

I've been sticking up for him for years on here, when others have been calling him the worst City keeper ever, and demanding RCC plays instead of him. Really don't understand the stick he gets, especially when academy players are usually very well supported

skyblueeyesrevisited

Burge is an excellent shot stopper but does not command his box. Look how many we concede from corners and free kicks into the box. His distribution is also poor.

sylus

Burge is a good keeper at this level and is still young (for a keeper). Not surprised there is interest in him.

I've been sticking up for him for years on here, when others have been calling him the worst City keeper ever, and demanding RCC plays instead of him. Really don't understand the stick he gets, especially when academy players are usually very well supported

Is there interest in him though,or is it just twitter talk,Bolton and a few other Championship clubs apparently,but i'm not convinced and as for Cory Addai,well yes a talent maybe,but still very raw

Magwitch

The said goalkeepers were class, so it does help . The question is, is Adlai. :emoji_thinking:
Not seen Addai play but looks to me if he hasn’t played first team yet the answer is no. Burge has improved no end but has had his moments when Addai might have been given a go.

SkyBlueScottie

Is there a much better keeper available to us than Lee Burger? If so, fine. If not, then we need to offer a new deal to him as he is currently the best goalie we have at the club. No point in making glib throwaway comments about letting him go etc.

better days

We need to get on with offering him a contract, though.

Or did he and Robins really fall out, and there's no way back?
It's possible this was part of the FFP budget issue
There are a few players out of contract at the end of the season
Maybe the plan is to thin out some of the fringe players in January to free up funds to offer new deals to guys like Burge

SAJ

Really? Couldn’t see him (Burge) competing with Butland.
As I understand it from a source in the club Stoke have been in touch. Butland is on the move and they want him as the replacement. Rotherham have also come back in after Willis.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Who sells their keeper in this window without a suitable replacement and the number 2 who is garbage is injured unless the money is too good to be true.
This squad with the right additions could just about push close to the playoffs, losing Burge ends that as any possibility with the understanding he has with the back 4

better days

The only way Burge would be allowed to leave is if a good level keeper from the top two divisions is coming on loan

Adge

Well let’s open the door if someone was stupid enough to give us 1M.

CanadianCCFC

Who sells their keeper in this window without a suitable replacement and the number 2 who is garbage is injured unless the money is too good to be true.
This squad with the right additions could just about push close to the playoffs, losing Burge ends that as any possibility with the understanding he has with the back 4
We do

Esoterica

Wouldn't surprise me at all - he makes some top class saves and teams will have seen that and think it is a cheap gamble if they believe they can bring him in as a number 2 keeper while continuing to develop him and iron out the remaining issues in his game.

covcity4life

Improved alot bit happy if he goes. Doesnt make enoigh big saves and when he does make 1 his fans decode thats ebough to make him best in the league

Users who are viewing this thread