Burge (and the loans) (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

If lasts night defeat would have happened last month under SP , this place would have gone into overdrive. Today is nothing like that, despite the performance being every bit as poor as some games last month

SP put the squad together. Mowbray will get some slack as he's having to work with the squad already here. Plus he doesn't come out after the game and talk about how terrific the performance was.

ccfcway

If you think the performance last night was as poor as ones under SP you're crazy.

ok, maybe not "as bad", but happy to be crazy if i cant be happy at seeing my team have 3 shots on target in 90 mins against a team in the relegation zone of league one.

i do think TM will turn it around and will bring his own men in next season if he stays.

rupert_bear

Nothing wrong with young Burge, why this lewys33 has brought it up baffles me, since becoming number one he has handled well. made plenty of saves and has to play behind what I think is a poor defence. Was shabbily treated by Steve Pressley after the Worcester game and lets be honest what he did there was a moment of madness rather than a goalkeeping mistake. I think he is going to turn out to be a decent goalie.

ajsccfc

Can't believe that people are complaining that his kicks are going too far upfield! If they weren't getting to the half way line then you'd have something to moan about.

Distribution is part of a goalkeeper's job, and he often overhits the ball. It's not quite snarling 'get out of the club' stuff, but it's definitely a valid criticism of any keeper.

Grendel

Nothing wrong with young Burge, why this lewys33 has brought it up baffles me, since becoming number one he has handled well. made plenty of saves and has to play behind what I think is a poor defence. Was shabbily treated by Steve Pressley after the Worcester game and lets be honest what he did there was a moment of madness rather than a goalkeeping mistake. I think he is going to turn out to be a decent goalie.

He gets beaten a lot at the near post. He may make it he may not but for sure he's not a goalkeeper you'd have as first choice next season if you had serious aspirations.

Jay88

I don't want to blame Burge at all for the goal last night. The reality is in those situations the striker should always score. I can't help but think though that if we had a better keeper there is just a better chance we could snatch points from these games from that 1 save here or there.

I think we should have sacrificed one of the loans for a goalkeeper. Pennington or Odelusi. They are both average players who could be covered by other players. I just think the goalkeeper position is far more important considering the position we find ourselves in.

I disagree with sending Pennington back. He has been a solid player for us and clearly our best defender. Looks like he belongs at championship level. I would be looking more to proschwitz (he's vanished from the squad!). I do agree with Burge costing us a few points (the free kicks against Bradford and Port Vale). Saturday, apart from his kicking, he looked fairly solid and same again last night so i do see improvement with his ability and confidence.

lewys33

Why should he get it easy? Every game his distribution is woeful, positioning questionable and communication abysmal. Every game there is at least 1 mix up in the box. Is it all 100% the fault of the defence?

lewys33

I disagree with sending Pennington back. He has been a solid player for us and clearly our best defender. Looks like he belongs at championship level. I would be looking more to proschwitz (he's vanished from the squad!). I do agree with Burge costing us a few points (the free kicks against Bradford and Port Vale). Saturday, apart from his kicking, he looked fairly solid and same again last night so i do see improvement with his ability and confidence.

He has been fairly solid recently yes, but we don't have many options. If only Martin was on loan (or SP hadn't swapped Clarke for him)! It would be pointless sending Proschwitz back (although he should anyway) - he is being kept out of the squad because of the limit on loan players anyway. Although I imagine he will be back in now with the injury to Samuels.

eastwoodsdustman

If you think the performance last night was as poor as ones under SP you're crazy.

This is true. Under SP i have witnessed the two worst performances in 40 years of watching. Doncaster away and Yeovil away were the two worst I have ever seen a city side play.

Last night we were by far the better side. We had no need to change anything as it was only a matter of time before we were going to score. Then they snatch one and our play goes frantic and we lose any shape and method that we had. If we'd have kept playing the way we were before the goal then I'm sure we'd have scored at least one.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

isnt the loan window closed? even if we did send someone back we cant bring anyone in. Burge isnt doing so bad the experience is good for the lad anyway cant imagine we will be looking at a different keeper next season no matter what league we are in. all this talk about his kicking reminds me of Westwood who had a far worst distribution he was still playing it to Clive Platt while Clive was in the stands injured

lewys33

isnt the loan window closed? even if we did send someone back we cant bring anyone in. Burge isnt doing so bad the experience is good for the lad anyway cant imagine we will be looking at a different keeper next season no matter what league we are in. all this talk about his kicking reminds me of Westwood who had a far worst distribution he was still playing it to Clive Platt while Clive was in the stands injured

Yes it is, nothing can be done now. I was talking about what we should have done. Not TM fault as he had only just come in, but it just points out the ridiculous signings Waggot made (Proswitch)

ecky

Can we please stop picking on Burge, I think he is getting better and better now he is growing in confidence. He will continue to get better also under Oggy, Murphy was a bit shakey at the start, look how Oggy developed him, also with Westwood. Its not like he is making awful mistakes each week, hes actually making some very decent saves, yes his kicking can be questioned but that will be sorted.

So he will be sold soon then??

stupot07

This is true. Under SP i have witnessed the two worst performances in 40 years of watching. Doncaster away and Yeovil away were the two worst I have ever seen a city side play.

Last night we were by far the better side. We had no need to change anything as it was only a matter of time before we were going to score. Then they snatch one and our play goes frantic and we lose any shape and method that we had. If we'd have kept playing the way we were before the goal then I'm sure we'd have scored at least one.

Our last goal attempt was ok 66th minute (Odelusi shot from the outside of the box), Orient scored in the 78 minute. We played ok on Wednesday but we only really dominated for a 15 minute spell at the beginning of the second half. We'd ran out of steam and idea's well before the substitutions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread