Transfer Rumour Bullshit/legit Rumours Jan 2020 (3 Viewers)

Magwitch

We are a good team with good players in division three, our players will be looked at, we also have to balance the books due to playing in Birmingham, I hope we hang on to our better players but it’s our better players who will attract interest.

mrtrench

Oh this - personally it doesn’t make much sense to me. We’ve already paid two six figure fees for Williams and Drysdale of the same age who play in the same position and I thought they were being elevated to the first team? Unless they’re not as good as the club first thought?

Was it six figures for each? Sounds quite high for what feels like a high risk gamble. Did we pay six figures for Bosma too?

mark82

Agree with Hoi. He’s had two ACL injuries and until he proves himself at this level he’s worth pretty much nothing to another club.

I get the Wilson comparisons because of his injuries but he had already proven himself at PL level whereas Jones hasn’t at the level we’re currently at.

Also have to remember he’s 22 now so not exactly a youngster anymore - the same age as Mason and Shipley

That's young in most teams, just not ours.

SlowerThanPlatt

Surely at that price he’s worth a punt ? I always think tho of ponticelli or Godden or hiwula played at that level how many would they be scoring ?

It’s the sixth tier and most of the teams aren’t full time. Leamington aren’t but imagine some of the ex FL clubs and well supported clubs like York and Hereford are.

Hiwula in theory would score loads at that level

cc84cov

It’s the sixth tier and most of the teams aren’t full time. Leamington aren’t but imagine some of the ex FL clubs and well supported clubs like York and Hereford are.

Hiwula in theory would score loads at that level
This is my point is he better than what we already have ? But at £25k maybe we should take a punt

SlowerThanPlatt

Christ and this is a pretty unknown even in Coventry journalist working for a small time newspaper.

When you hear stories about footballers it doesn’t look too bad now

better days

Championship transfer news: Marcus Browne set for Middlesbrough loan exit this month

Marcus Browne. I’m pretty sure @better days knows a bit about him and whether it’s likely to happen
He's one of Jodi Jones's oldest friends in football. They played together from U7 level
He also played alongside Josh Pask for 10 years at West Ham
I heard Browne was on the verge of joining us on loan a couple of years back but he went to Wigan instead where he hardly got a look in - shades of Bright's recent experience
If Karl Robinson is in for him I would be surprised if Browne doesn't go there
Robinson is a tough bugger with strong powers of persuasion

cc84cov

He's one of Jodi Jones's oldest friends in football. They played together from U7 level
He also played alongside Josh Pask for 10 years at West Ham
I heard Browne was on the verge of joining us on loan a couple of years back but he went to Wigan instead where he hardly got a look in - shades of Bright's recent experience
If Karl Robinson is in for him I would be surprised if Browne doesn't go there
Robinson is a tough bugger with strong powers of persuasion
I would struggle to see where he would fit in here in place of westbrooke or Shipley maybe ?

Hobo

Surely at that price he’s worth a punt ? I always think tho of ponticelli or Godden or hiwula played at that level how many would they be scoring ?

We might find out with Ponticelli?

Nick

Administrator
Yeah Vardy is doing well, that proves my point? Some of these non league strikers are worth a punt
So we should sign them all?

Are you trying to get a feature in the telegraph for "city fans are me because they missed out on this striker"

How's Dave tarpey doing?

SkyBlueDom26

So we should sign them all?

Are you trying to get a feature in the telegraph for "city fans are me because they missed out on this striker"

How's Dave tarpey doing?
What are you talking about:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing: bishop is doing well so maybe we should have took a punt on March.... In what way do i want to be in the telegraph? Have i mentioned any other non league strikers we should sign? Strange to try and start an argument over nothing when i hate the way the telegraph don't hold wasps to account for anything.... weird

Users who are viewing this thread