Transfer Rumour Bullshit/legit Rumours Jan 2020 (2 Viewers)

cc84cov

I’d love to know how they think this stuff through and equally, why people give it air time

Tell them we will have Luke Thomas & Conor Chaplin as well Chaplin meant to be a great striker scoring for fun in the champ ;)

Magwitch

Can’t see it, £600k for a player who has hardly played for 2 years and never played at championship level, but then again as they say footballs a funny old game.

pipkin73

I know this was a wind up account, BUT how much would it take for any of you to sell JJ. Yes the injuries but also the potential, rare talent so i would hold on and risk a slight loss compared to the longer term benefit in our games and then price. If we lose, we have already lost most of the money on treatment/wages etc so may as well stick with such a talented player. If we win we have a player who could keep us going for another couple of years, as a player or asset.

Covstu

I know this was a wind up account, BUT how much would it take for any of you to sell JJ. Yes the injuries but also the potential, rare talent so i would hold on and risk a slight loss compared to the longer term benefit in our games and then price. If we lose, we have already lost most of the money on treatment/wages etc so may as well stick with such a talented player. If we win we have a player who could keep us going for another couple of years, as a player or asset.
The lad was on fire prior to the first major injury but we have to remember what league we were in, we are desperate for a wide quick attacking player but left side, for me that’s the priority along with a decent attacker. The question on JJ is fitness, he was brought back in early last time and it was disastrous, they are clearly taking their time with him this year. A fit JJ is full form could be the difference in promotion

ccfchoi87

I would accept pretty much any transfer fee. If a club is willing to pay for him it would be daylight robbery

Brighton Sky Blue

A 6 figure fee with add ons based on club appearances.

SlowerThanPlatt

Agree with Hoi. He’s had two ACL injuries and until he proves himself at this level he’s worth pretty much nothing to another club.

I get the Wilson comparisons because of his injuries but he had already proven himself at PL level whereas Jones hasn’t at the level we’re currently at.

Also have to remember he’s 22 now so not exactly a youngster anymore - the same age as Mason and Shipley

better days

It's bullshit
There are numerous examples of players coming back from similar injuries
JJ is being handled carefully in the early days of his return to playing

6 Generations

Predictions for the January window:

1 incoming striker - Hailed as the next Messi after his first 30 minutes off the bench (always happens), booed off the pitch and called the next Kevin Kyle two full appearances later. Never seen again.

Hiwula leaves - For two seasons he's been accused by the faithful of going missing and lacking confidence in 90% of games. Scores for his new club in L2 with his first touch. Immediate crescendo of 'taxi for Robins' calls on SBT.

....but all is forgiven as JJ makes a stunning return to action, terrorising defences and setting up multiple chances for a fully fit and rejuvenated Godden as he fires us back to the promised land of the Championship. Glory days ahead lads!

I liked your post until the last paragraph. You need to step away from the sherry sir!

Alkhen

That account is BS but if that sort of offer came in I would keep him. Obviously our finances would probably mean we would sell but if the second acl op sticks it wouldn't take much to double or triple that return. Half a season playing well and proving his knee is sturdy and his value would rocket.

higgs

Respectfully disagree on this Higgs. I would love it, love it (said Keegan style) to see a fully fit and firing JJ back in a Sky Blue shirt.
I would too but two cruciates for a player who needs his pace and trickery to play his game is not a good combination

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

According to social media we're in for a defender from Eastleigh called Rob Atkinson ( no idea if he's related to Ron).
Record fee for Eastleigh apparently.

SlowerThanPlatt

Oh this - personally it doesn’t make much sense to me. We’ve already paid two six figure fees for Williams and Drysdale of the same age who play in the same position and I thought they were being elevated to the first team? Unless they’re not as good as the club first thought?

clint van damme

Oh this - personally it doesn’t make much sense to me. We’ve already paid two six figure fees for Williams and Drysdale of the same age who play in the same position and I thought they were being elevated to the first team? Unless they’re not as good as the club first thought?

You're never going to get 100 percent strike rate with these type of signings but we must be well in the black over the last few years so I can see the strategy continuing.
Agreed we do seem to have a lot of centre halves

Grendel

Maybe if the telegraph supported the club rather constantly trying to destabilise it they might get more little stories rather than having to get them from social media

It’s pathetic journalism. The likes of Turner and Bridge are seriously embarrassing to the profession of journalism

Users who are viewing this thread