Budget (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

If you want to increase the clubs budget, buy a season ticket as soon as you possibly can.
And yes I understand we have reached our limit at the moment, but as soon as crowds are allowed back we should be looking to double that.
That’s the challenge isn’t it? Hypothecated giving is an interesting challenge. So if people knew all the money they gave went on something they agreed with people may pay or give more. Taxation.l for instance everyone says they’ll give more to pay for the nhs some for welfare, very few are happy to pay for prison reform etc. The job for the club and I’ll say this tonight is to encourage people to invest in their club as they see a correlation between success and their input or money. I find it really interesting

Grendel

That’s the challenge isn’t it? Hypothecated giving is an interesting challenge. So if people knew all the money they gave went on something they agreed with people may pay or give more. Taxation.l for instance everyone says they’ll give more to pay for the nhs some for welfare, very few are happy to pay for prison reform etc. The job for the club and I’ll say this tonight is to encourage people to invest in their club as they see a correlation between success and their input or money. I find it really interesting

how much is the budget restricted by the owners plans next season to pay back monies owed to them?

Sky Blue Pete

how much is the budget restricted by the owners plans next season to pay back monies owed to them?
Great question might ask that one this afternoon on the call. Won’t get an answer but it’s a legitimate one to ask. Last year I’d say not at all but it will be budgeted. And if it’s £500k out of say £10m it’s not a lot but it is probably an free transfer Ohare for the season isn’t it?

covboy1987

As i mentioned in anther thread, there is a choice involved and that choice is with our owners.
So... Joy, reward MR with a mid table budget at least or sell up please.
Our positive trajectory needs to be seized upon.
I am thrilled that we stayed up and it looks like come the end of the season we will have stayed up comfortably - However my own expectations and the fact that we are moving back to the Ricoh and will I expect have crowds 18000-20000 then the budget should be at least middle of the table - Sounds to me like we are a big city club with a village spending mentality - Comments from Boddy 4th from bottom budget are not what the fans expect - Robins has worked miracles but no doubt will get frustrated

Evo1883

Not sure Robins will get frustrated, he knows the club won't spend above their revenue like 90% of the league do .
Clubs spending what they haven't got , which as we know isn't the right way to go

Many clubs will be cutting back next year too no doubt about that

Sky Blue Pete

I am thrilled that we stayed up and it looks like come the end of the season we will have stayed up comfortably - However my own expectations and the fact that we are moving back to the Ricoh and will I expect have crowds 18000-20000 then the budget should be at least middle of the table - Sounds to me like we are a big city club with a village spending mentality - Comments from Boddy 4th from bottom budget are not what the fans expect - Robins has worked miracles but no doubt will get frustrated
What is hard to understand. The owner will cover losses but not increase funding over whats agreed based on a balanced ish budget. Spending what we don’t have is not possible unless we change ownership

cov donkey kick

Boddy interview revealing we want more better players who are our own not loan players,that makes sense on the 4th lowest budget that's a big ask I think but we will always use loan players.more S/t sales needed for sure to show ambition in getting up to play off standard.but looking forward to us improving further.

shmmeee

What’s our revenue compared to others? Average seems to be £20m+, but I’d guess that includes clubs with parachute payments.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Questions

The term budget is bandied around but what is the actual spend?

How do actual spends compare?

We have second lowest aiming for fourth lowest but what is the difference between our budget and say the next say 6 clubs? Is it huge figures or is it a few hundred thousand.?

If you look at my post above clubs like Millwall and Preston are not greatly different in terms of turnover. The difference is they are prepared to overspend on wages whereas ccfc are not. That is a decision taken not a budget restriction imposed by efl rules ( not disagreeing with live within means but there is a certain amount of window dressing going on)

What is going to be the effect of the pandemic on budgets next season and will that level things up for most teams ?

What I take from the Boddy comments is that there is little or no expectation of owner funds to increase the pot available to the manager next season.

I do think his comment of little steps and aim to stay in the division are correct in our circumstances

Last edited:

Magwitch1

Boddy interview revealing we want more better players who are our own not loan players,that makes sense on the 4th lowest budget that's a big ask I think but we will always use loan players.more S/t sales needed for sure to show ambition in getting up to play off standard.but looking forward to us improving further.
I read Boddy’s comments, how does he know we are fourth lowest ? So who is third lowest or fifth lowest, there are plenty of clubs in the championship spending well over a 100% of their income on wages alone, I did reag a while back there will be EFL clubs with no budget for signings and will only get what they can sell players for which will be very difficult.
I’m not saying we should over spend and put ourselves at risk and I wouldn’t want Boddy to shout from the roof tops we have millions to spend either but this constant wittering on about our “small” budget gets on my threpenny bits. Just say nowt.

Samo

Boddy's comments are depressing...
Based on them we should be troubling the top half in 5 years or so. 5 long, long years of getting regularly beaten with the occasional win.
Not exactly inspiring in terms of supporting the club or filling the Ricoh.
Unless the comments are a smokescreen for more substantial investment? I doubt it though.

Sky Blue Pete

Based on them we should be troubling the top half in 5 years or so. 5 long, long years of getting regularly beaten with the occasional win.
Unless the comments are a smokescreen for more substantial investment? I doubt it though.
The models to emulate are there for all to see. Barnsley definitely and Luton. If it’s 5 years so be it

SonofErnie

I can’t see how you can say we will definitely be no higher than the 4th lowest budget until we know all of the teams that will be in the division next season. Sunderland or Lincoln for example.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I can’t see how you can say we will definitely be no higher than the 4th lowest budget until we know all of the teams that will be in the division next season. Sunderland or Lincoln for example.
Isn't he basically saying that we wont have a bigger budget than anyone currently in the league (that are staying up) and therefore the best we can possibly do is be higher than the promoted 3 (and in all likelihood may be lower than some of them even)?

cov donkey kick

My thinking is that's a starting point that figure as the signings of Bikaner,walker,hamer plus O'Hare signing on fee plus wages if the budget is twice that that's seems over 2nd lowest in the division, those signings aren't cheap not 2nd lowest I don't believe.
Also the more s/t plus the new club shop extra revenue match days finance doesn't appear to be poor ,so robins working to a bigger budget yes within the club's means.

fernandopartridge

Ranson was a fantasist.
Look at his comments about supposedly having deals agreed for Carroll, Cork & Henderson. Utter fiction. Unfortunately lots lapped it up.
In his head he had a great idea that he'd act as a credit broker for it most probably, shame SISU took so long to see through him

Gregbant

No I think that is the plan, 5-10 years, chip away at the debt and ensure the absolute minimum money goes to Wasps. Monitor how Wasps are doing financially and wait for the ultimate goal that has been in play since 2011.
Feed the EFL the odd line about a new stadium *current* location Warwick University, however that will change no doubt.
Ensure if relegation happens it won't hurt the pocket too much. That's about it I think. For fans, this year staying up was amazing. Next year for many it will be expected, not me personally.
The following year people will start getting frustrated, unless we have been relegated and are on a promotion charge again.
What I don't see anywhere on the horizon is a top 6 challenge.

Magwitch1

No I think that is the plan, 5-10 years, chip away at the debt and ensure the absolute minimum money goes to Wasps. Monitor how Wasps are doing financially and wait for the ultimate goal that has been in play since 2011.
Feed the EFL the odd line about a new stadium *current* location Warwick University, however that will change no doubt.
Ensure if relegation happens it won't hurt the pocket too much. That's about it I think. For fans, this year staying up was amazing. Next year for many it will be expected, not me personally.
The following year people will start getting frustrated, unless we have been relegated and are on a promotion charge again.
What I don't see anywhere on the horizon is a top 6 challenge.
If we had had our best players available all season we wouldn’t be that far off the play off spots now the gap between where we are and seventh is six wins, not a lot really, we must have thrown away a dozen points.

Last edited:

skyblue025

Think you are pushing it there Mags. Every team will of thrown away points. If Godden and Walker had stayed fit we might of been safe a few weeks before and around the likes of Luton but pushing the play offs is a stretch.

Magwitch1

Think you are pushing it there Mags. Every team will of thrown away points. If Godden and Walker had stayed fit we might of been safe a few weeks before and around the likes of Luton but pushing the play offs is a stretch.
I’m not saying we would have made play offs or should have, but it is fine lines to be where we will finish about 16th/17th I reckon or 8th/9th QPR & Cardiff as examples were nervously looking over their shoulders January time both recovered with a run of good results Feb/March time.

Users who are viewing this thread