Budget (1 Viewer)

Samo

As i mentioned in anther thread, there is a choice involved and that choice is with our owners.
So... Joy, reward MR with a mid table budget at least or sell up please.
Our positive trajectory needs to be seized upon.

TomS91

I would prefer us to operate within our means. Having overspent in the past (we still haven't recovered fully from that) and seeing the clubs around us doing the same now it is terrifying to think what might have been/could be. I would rather try and compete on a shoestring than risk our future.

AFCCOVENTRY

FFP means you have to budget on income streams and revenue. This has nothing to do with Sisu coughing up. A return to the Ricoh, increased gate receipts, better commercial revenues from matchdays will defo help to a better budget next season. However, there has been a price to pay this season with no match day revenues and many clubs will suffer next season as they feel the impact.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

I think Joy could choose to give money rather than loan but I don’t understand what would be in it for her. If there are any genuine suitors now would be a good time to make a genuine offer. Not to guarantee success but because you have money burning holes in your pocket and want to have fun spending it

Liquid Gold

We’re in the most attractive position for possible investors now since they took us over. I’d love for someone to come in but not holding out any hopes.

I do think our budget will increase and MR is playing his cards close to his chest. COVID will have hit other clubs harder and we have stability here so I trust we can progress with a modest budget.

SkyBlueDom26

Obviously robins isn’t going to say our budget has increased, would be stupid to admit when we’re trying to get players in

Grendel

FFP means you have to budget on income streams and revenue. This has nothing to do with Sisu coughing up. A return to the Ricoh, increased gate receipts, better commercial revenues from matchdays will defo help to a better budget next season. However, there has been a price to pay this season with no match day revenues and many clubs will suffer next season as they feel the impact.

This is rubbish. There is zero wage cap and you can budget for £15 million losses in the championship with zero penalties

Grendel

We’re in the most attractive position for possible investors now since they took us over. I’d love for someone to come in but not holding out any hopes.

I do think our budget will increase and MR is playing his cards close to his chest. COVID will have hit other clubs harder and we have stability here so I trust we can progress with a modest budget.

We are in a position where Sisu will have zero interest in selling

Grendel

I think Joy could choose to give money rather than loan but I don’t understand what would be in it for her. If there are any genuine suitors now would be a good time to make a genuine offer. Not to guarantee success but because you have money burning holes in your pocket and want to have fun spending it

She doesn’t own the club. How can she gift money she isn’t actually the owner of?

Magwitch1

Not sure what the budget will be but we as all clubs will be entering different times once this seasons ends. There will be ramifications from the pandemic and the financial implications it has caused. there could be rule changes, wage caps etc. add to that the debacle of the super league issue.
Government have grasped that nettle and will legislate. I’m certain the days of wage bills being 100%+ of income will be history and sugar daddy owners controlled. A lot of clubs in the championship will have problems, thankfully we might not be one.

Adge

Can’t really see why anybody would be interested in a club that still holds/has no major assets apart from name only in a higher league? Not sure that a rental agreement of 7-10 years renting a stadium will cut the mustard.

Grendel

Why is that?

They are in a cash neutral world and can continue to pay down the loan account to the investors - a million was done in the last published accounts - they will not move for five years and whichever league we are now in will just adjust spend and continue to lay back money owed

Brighton Sky Blue

They are in a cash neutral world and can continue to pay down the loan account to the investors - a million was done in the last published accounts - they will not move for five years and whichever league we are now in will just adjust spend and continue to lay back money owed

Will be waiting a while at that rate, what's the end game?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

As i mentioned in anther thread, there is a choice involved and that choice is with our owners.
So... Joy, reward MR with a mid table budget at least or sell up please.
Our positive trajectory needs to be seized upon.
Ah yes the Newcastle fan syndrome - “buy us players with your money, expect nothing back and if it don’t work fuck off”

The alternative is more desirable, get your friends to all go, pack out the Ricoh week in week out, buy all the merchandise and the budget will increase.

Grendel

Will be waiting a while at that rate, what's the end game?

I would guess they are comfortable now and can pay accounts down and still have some potential idea of distress with the Ricoh owners - no one will pay what they want for a zero asset club

Brighton Sky Blue

I would guess they are comfortable now and can pay accounts down and still have some potential idea of distress with the Ricoh owners - no one will pay what they want for a zero asset club

How long do you reckon it'll be before they go?

shmmeee

Ah yes the Newcastle fan syndrome - “buy us players with your money, expect nothing back and if it don’t work fuck off”

The alternative is more desirable, get your friends to all go, pack out the Ricoh week in week out, buy all the merchandise and the budget will increase.

We’ve sold more STs than our average attendance last season and our budget apparently isn’t increasing so how do you figure that?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

We’ve sold more STs than our average attendance last season and our budget apparently isn’t increasing so how do you figure that?
Just come off the back of a pandemic. That needs to be accounted for. I’m also of the opinion that this just to throw off the competition, they’re not going to come out and say - yeah we’ve doubled our budget so yeah - name us your asking wage

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

They’re also probably budgeting for those 8k aswell. We don’t know how long the restrictions are going to be in place. Would be nuts to budget for more further income crowd wise until an increase is allowed.

Which would put our average at the same as our league one winning season

shmmeee

Just come off the back of a pandemic. That needs to be accounted for. I’m also of the opinion that this just to throw off the competition, they’re not going to come out and say - yeah we’ve doubled our budget so yeah - name us your asking wage

Yeah, I’m not judging until the transfer window shuts. Just saying that there’s a certain price of entry for the division and you’ve got to meet that before you really start to get the benefits of a 32k stadium. The idea that it’s consumers fault for not buying the product enough is nuts. If we are a top half Championship club we’d see 20k+ easily IMO, and it’s not a million miles off.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah, I’m not judging until the transfer window shuts. Just saying that there’s a certain price of entry for the division and you’ve got to meet that before you really start to get the benefits of a 32k stadium. The idea that it’s consumers fault for not buying the product enough is nuts. If we are a top half Championship club we’d see 20k+ easily IMO, and it’s not a million miles off.

Let’s see what crowds are allowed and how many STs we end up selling I suppose. The staggered release probably works in favour of the club anyway.

mrtrench

I suspect that it's possible that the investors could be persuaded to put some more money in - although they must be pretty pissed off with the returns so far and may instead want to wait until we are top half with 20k gates before doing so. A final push if you like once we've done the groundwork to put us close.

There is another possibility. I don't know if CCFC is the only investment in the fund that the investors have bought. It's possible that the club is bundled in with other assets and that SISU decides how to spread money across all assets in that fund. If that were the case, it's possible that SISU could unilaterally decide to allocate some more money to CCFC in order to realise the Premiership money and a long-awaited profit and sale of the club.

It does seem likely to me that the investors are delighted that they are now within touching distance again after being so far away in the last 5 years or so.

letsallsingtogether

Well let's see what all the others spend after all the pandemic affected nearly every sports team in the world.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I’m not saying it’s the consumers fault, but weve spent the last 5 years dragging SISUs name through the mud. How can we expect them to think - fuck it throw 10 mil in, when there’s no guarantee that it will exceed - fans have a history of then expecting the owners to leave with no rerun.

If we want our club to succeed we’ve got to do our end of the deal. Let’s get to 20k plus and act like a big club.

Grendel

I’m not saying it’s the consumers fault, but weve spent the last 5 years dragging SISUs name through the mud. How can we expect them to think - fuck it throw 10 mil in, when there’s no guarantee that it will exceed - fans have a history of then expecting the owners to leave with no rerun.

If we want our club to succeed we’ve got to do our end of the deal. Let’s get to 20k plus and act like a big club.

Sisu will throw no money in - they manage risk funds. If it’s worth putting money in the investors will do so

Magwitch1

Our problem is who are our owners, it isn’t sisu unless they have some shares I believe if they have less than 10% share holders can stay anonymous if that ends through legislation what then ?
I think we could be entering another interesting period in our sisu history.

Legia Sky Blue

......... but Newcastle fans do pack out their ground and buy merchandise!!

fatso

No Calum Wison, James Maddison or Tom Bayliss to cash in on?
Or maybe our hedge fund owners have had their fingers burnt during the pandemic.

Users who are viewing this thread