brum chat. (1 Viewer)

lordsummerisle

THAT MY FRIENDS IS VERY UNLUCKY! WE WERE THE BETTER SIDE.

Please take Juke aside at Ryton and teach him to finish!!

Clingan and Biggi were immense.

We should have run out winners today...Brum are lucky to have a 1 nil win. No doubt.

I like how we look. If there was a weakness today then Bell was fairly innocuous. O'Donavan too.

It's very early days and we have the obvious signs of a good footballing side and just need some luck to turn and perhaps that could be when we bring in someone to play alongside Juke. A scoring midfielder would be useful.

I'm not depressed by any means. Think if we keep the confidence up the next two against Palace and Watford will be WINS.

If Carlsberg made delusional fans they'd be Paxman II.

Paxman II

If Carlsberg made delusional fans they'd be Paxman II.

Disagree. I watched it all live and we were comfortable. If the role was reversed and it was at the Ricoh you would be going home saying we pinched that one and they were better than us.
There's a fine line in football. had Clingan or Macca seen the ball go in and Juke (who should have scored) we would have run out winners easily.
I understand it didn't happen but Brum had nothing in them to suggest they were better.
Keep playing as we are and we will win plenty.

lordsummerisle

Disagree. I watched it all live and we were comfortable. If the role was reversed and it was at the Ricoh you would be going home saying we pinched that one and they were better than us.
There's a fine line in football. had Clingan or Macca seen the ball go in and Juke (who should have scored) we would have run out winners easily.
I understand it didn't happen but Brum had nothing in them to suggest they were better.
Keep playing as we are and we will win plenty.

I watched it online too, and how we could have run out winners easily with two attempts on target all game(Let alone be 3-0 up like you said we should be at half-time)is beyond me.

We're just not good enough, and haven't been for a few years, this season though the chickens are finmally coming home to roost.

I don't understand why we are not playing conor more? The two youngsters are getting better and better, yes we played deep and we look to pass backwards most of the time but upto three players in the right positions could change are fortunes.

Can we loan players now?

Paxman II

I watched it online too, and how we could have run out winners easily with two attempts on target all game(Let alone be 3-0 up like you said we should be at half-time)is beyond me.

We're just not good enough, and haven't been for a few years, this season though the chickens are finmally coming home to roost.

You make my point that we all see things differently in a game. But did you go for a cuppa at some point?

Juke turned the last defender and should have scored, Clingan brought a save from a free kick and Macca was unlucky with a goalbound effort with a fine save.

Could have been 3 in the first half while Brum didn't make our keeper work.

tehspecialone

Facebook User
I'd agree that we were comfortable in the first half, but the second half Birmingham were in control. Our passing was sloppy, our marking was poor, there was little useful movement and we didn't create anything. Our best chance was a cross, where their keeper nearly walked back over his line.

There's at least a few positives we can take though.
Bigi and Christie look like they'll be quality players.
Jutkiewicz looks like he'd be a quality player if he could finish, and finding the right player to go alongside him could fix that.
We're playing some decent football at times.

I'm just hoping that the only reason we're playing so much worse in the second half of games is because of fitness, not a lack of quality.

Marty

I agree we did look comfortable, but then again we didn't look a threat, was easy for both teams really and it could of gone either way, it doesn't paper over the cracks that we weren't very good in the final third again, but things aren't as bad as some are making out.

Users who are viewing this thread