Broad gate 6pm (1 Viewer)

Ring Of Steel

Don’t you know pump it uppppppp

haven’t been able to get that and Sweet Caroline out my head all day, caught myself humming the “don’t you know pump it up, the city’s going up” one in the canteen at one point, thank god nobody else was in there

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I really want to focus on the celebrations of our return to the Championship, finally after 8 long years...but I am a bit irked about some of the comments and remarks that have been written about our fans and football club.

I wasn’t at Broadgate, (I was celebrating in my living room with a bottle of fizz and some Oasis on) but by all accounts 99% of people were there for a party and were a credit to the city and club (except for social distancing). Whilst some people posted online that fans had ‘trashed’ the town centre, there were several pictures/videos of fans cleaning up Broadgate after themselves and leaving it in a good state, which was nice to see and shows some pride in the city.

As for the barely literate, idiot that posted the video saying to burn the placards for BLM, just fuck off. Our fans (of all colours and backgrounds) were there to enjoy themselves, with a joint, love of the city and the club, after years of failure... that one idiot, couldn’t just enjoy the moment and had to live stream inflammatory comments about the BLM movement and has faced the backlash for it. What exactly did he think he was going to gain by doing that?
We need all the fans we can get (of all and every colour) BUT we do not need gargoyles like this and thankfully this idiot is in the minority.

I hope this incident hasn’t put anyone off attending any upcoming celebrations, our club is all about uniting and suffering together as one and this idiot will be in hiding for the foreseeable.

PUSB
CHAMPIONS OF LEAGUE 1

Nick

Administrator
Some of the stuff on social media and news outlets is embarrassing. Absolute bullshit to the point people are saying no knife was found at all and that the people were from Britain first.

It's no wonder knife crime is such an issue when it's denied and people can't possibly be carrying a knife.

Otis

This sort of shit. It's no wonder people are aimlessly smashing shit up in the world.

I love the interview video there where the stance is "no they didn't have knives" because they interviewed a guy the guy and he said they didn't

The justice system here would be a breeze. We should deploy that method in court

"Did you, or did you not murder that woman on the night of Friday 6th September 2019?"

"No, I did not."

"Okay, great. Off you go then. Bye."

Nick

Administrator
I love the interview video there where the stance is "no they didn't have knives" because they interviewed a guy the guy and he said they didn't

The justice system here would be a breeze. We should deploy that method in court

"Did you, or did you not murder that woman on the night of Friday 6th September 2019?"

"No, I did not."

That's all it seems to take nowadays though.

Thing is, even if the police were to find his fingerprints all over the knife they found then it would be "He was setup" and "It was planted on him".

People need to start taking responsibility. IF it turns out the knife was his, then he should be condemned. While people keep making excuses and trying to ignore things it isn't going to get fixed.

Things are literally being made up to say "Those 2 lads are completely innocent and the racist mob chased them for being black". Then that's the picture everybody is seeing and getting worked up about.

Yes, racism happens. That other prick who made the video clearly is one but nobody is mentioning that.

Jesus Christ. "Started Slicing".

Otis

Thing is, even if the police were to find his fingerprints all over the knife they found then it would be "He was setup" and "It was planted on him".

People need to start taking responsibility. IF it turns out the knife was his, then he should be condemned. While people keep making excuses and trying to ignore things it isn't going to get fixed.

Things are literally being made up to say "Those 2 lads are completely innocent and the racist mob chased them for being black". Then that's the picture everybody is seeing and getting worked up about.

Yes, racism happens. That other prick who made the video clearly is one but nobody is mentioning that.

It is worse than that though, Nick. It is not a mob now it is a "white mob".

Very dangerous twisting of words and it stokes up all sorts of ill feeling.

Nick

Administrator
It is worse than that though, Nick. It is not a mob now it is a "white mob".

Very dangerous twisting of words and it stokes up all sorts of ill feeling.

Of course it is. I could understand if it was a group of skinheads at an EDL rally but it wasn't.

There was literally a woman screaming "He's got a blade".

Still, rewrite history and what happens. Think I could probably follow Hill's lead because seeing this type of bullshit annoys me. All the while the actual racist slips off quietly in the background and nobody is bothered about knives being carried.

Nick

Administrator

This is why I made a point of pointing out to the Telegraph they failed to mention a knife being found. Wonder if they would have been so keen to report that if not?

People are literally ignoring facts, that includes the fucking racist by the statue. People are getting worked up about something that clearly isn't a knife in a picture as well.

How far do you go to defend and ignore knife crime?

Nick

Administrator
And the other lads are kids now.

They will be tots in nappies soon.

Exactly. How far is this sort of stuff going to end up going?

I haven't seen anybody even try to defend the racist prick, everybody has condemned it. Yet things are being massively twisted the other way.

Why's that OK? Are people going to deny the gangs rocking about in Coventry stabbing each other as well or are they all being framed by the nasty police here too? The same ones who literally jumped in to save those 2 lads from getting a kicking.

Nobody has mentioned the city fans who also put themselves in front of the lads to try and stop it too?

ccfcricoh

Racism will never go away whilst "RACIST" attack is the put at the start of every headline.

i do not for one minute doubt or dispute the fact racism exists (see other video!) but a hell of a lot of what we hear about is made up nonsense and not racist at all. As i said earlier, theyre doing a great job of widening the gap and making it woerst.

I've been to football games where bottles and bricks have been thrown, has nothing to do with race. If these lads were white and turned up with knives, i would fully expect the same outcome.

David O'Day

Surely the answer to why they didn't use the knife is they didn't figure on 50 to 100 folk taking offence at them having a knife and chasing them

Nick

Administrator
I wonder if the lads were innocent in Hackney in that video as well? Nasty police.

Maybe some people are just wronguns.

SBT

"No, I did not."

It seems a lot of the people who were perfectly happy to believe hearsay and circumstantial evidence when it came to the knife story are suddenly very upset that the same evidence is being used to tell a different one. But apparently when I told people to wait for the facts before jumping to conclusions, I was just talking jibberish.

If you're complaining about people trying to make a load of fuss about nothing, it's worth remembering that the unproven claims of "he's got a knife" may end up being the biggest part of that.

Nick

Administrator
It seems a lot of the people who were perfectly happy to believe hearsay and circumstantial evidence when it came to the knife story are suddenly very upset that the same evidence is being used to tell a different one. But apparently when I told people to wait for the facts before jumping to conclusions, I was just talking jibberish.

If you're complaining about people trying to make a load of fuss about nothing, it's worth remembering that the unproven claims of "he's got a knife" may end up being the biggest part of that.

Apart from they show a video saying "What knife" and try to say there wasn't one but it was confirmed there was one found?

People now saying it was planted.

It may not have been theirs, I am sure we will find out though.

cc84cov

Apart from they show a video saying "What knife" and try to say there wasn't one but it was confirmed there was one found?

Police will be running prints on the knife found

cc84cov

I wonder if the lads were innocent in Hackney in that video as well? Nasty police.

Maybe some people are just wronguns.
Apparently he’s cut part of the video where the lads were kicking the woman police officer also

SBT

I'm trying to work out whether you spend more time hunting for my posts, or feverishly refreshing the West Midlands Police homepage in the hope that today's the day your narrative gets confirmed.

Anyway, glad you're acknowledging that there's currently zero hard evidence for either of those two guys having a knife on them. Progress!

clint van damme

no, you were told you were talking gibberish because you said that perhaps the City fans who chased them somehow collectively racially profiled them and due to subliminal prejudices perhaps wrongly concluded they were the sort of people who could carry knives.

David O'Day

Planted?

Yeah they managed to plant a knife well before hand and then got the lads to run to exactly were the knife was planted?

Bollocks, the 2 lads had a knife and for some reason thought they could front up a few hundred lagered up people.

David O'Day

I'm trying to work out whether you spend more time hunting for my posts, or feverishly refreshing the West Midlands Police homepage in the hope that today's the day your narrative gets confirmed.

Anyway, glad you're acknowledging that there's currently zero hard evidence for either of those two guys having a knife on them. Progress!
apart from they told people there they had a knife

mate if they didn't have a knife they wanted people to think they did

SBT

apart from they told people there they had a knife

mate if they didn't have a knife they wanted people to think they did

Truly, I am dazzled by this new irrefutable evidence. I assume you've told the police? You might have blown this thing wide open.

no, you were told you were talking gibberish because you said that perhaps the City fans who chased them somehow collectively racially profiled them and due to subliminal prejudices perhaps wrongly concluded they were the sort of people who could carry knives.

Yup, that's what I said. You've never been in a crowd where an incorrect rumour spread and people flipped out?

David O'Day

Truly, I am dazzled by this new irrefutable evidence. I assume you've told the police? You might have blown this thing wide open.

Yup, that's what I said. You've never been in a crowd where an incorrect rumour spread and people flipped out?
Yes the police were told, that is why they are under investigation for potentially carrying a knife

Do you even think before you post?

Nick

Administrator

So a city fan had a blade, shouted "THEY HAVE A BLADE" to get people to chase them, planted the blade in the bin while nobody was looking?

Not the bit of plastic or whatever it is that so many people seem to think was a city fan with a knife.

It's the desperation to turn a blind eye I don't get, it's the "Poor young black boys". Whereas the city fan who's being a racist has been completely called a c**t by everybody who has seen it.

The overall message is being lost.

The guy who made the first video is a nasty piece of work, he should be charged and dealt with. He should be banned from CCFC and every city fan I have seen has rightly said how bad it was. Nobody is defending him, nobody is denying it happened, nobody is excusing him, nobody is saying he did it because he was drunk and he's a nice bloke. It's agreed all round, the bloke is a racist prick.

It is wrong to carry a knife, they wouldn't have had a knife, the white lad had the knife and planted it, the police went to them because they were black, there were attacked because they were black, they were chased by national front members.

It's no different to when the police go round a house and the parents deny their kid has been up to no good. People need to fucking deal with the issues before they can be fixed.

clint van damme

No, that's not what you said. You're accusing our support of racially profiling these two lads and jumping to a racist conclusion:

" Is there even a chance that if you were in the same situation, you might have jumped to a conclusion in the heat of the moment? I'm not accusing anyone on here of being racist, but we all make those kind of assumptions (myself included), and it seems like a lot of people could do with thinking about that, and how it might have been a factor here, rather than just going for the easiest narrative in their head."

Plenty of people saw the knives. There's people on here have said they witnessed it and people I know did. If you don't want to believe them that's up to you.

But if our support were as big a bunch of scumbags as you make out I would stop going to games.

David O'Day

So a city fan had a blade, shouted "THEY HAVE A BLADE" to get people to chase them, planted the blade in the bin while nobody was looking?

Not the bit of plastic or whatever it is that so many people seem to think was a city fan with a knife.

It's the desperation to turn a blind eye I don't get, it's the "Poor young black boys". Whereas the city fan who's being a racist has been completely called a c**t by everybody who has seen it.

Yep, as I said it's a skill to get the lads to run to the very bin you've stashed a knife in

David O'Day

No, that's not what you said. You're accusing our support of racially profiling these two lads and jumping to a racist conclusion:

" Is there even a chance that if you were in the same situation, you might have jumped to a conclusion in the heat of the moment? I'm not accusing anyone on here of being racist, but we all make those kind of assumptions (myself included), and it seems like a lot of people could do with thinking about that, and how it might have been a factor here, rather than just going for the easiest narrative in their head."

Plenty of people saw the knives. There's people on here have said they witnessed it and people I know did. If you don't want to believe them that's up to you.

But if our support were as big a bunch of scumbags as you make out I would stop going to games.
Exactly, I know people who heard them tell people they had a knife

SBT

I'm not saying it was a deliberate setup, or a co-ordinated racist attack. I'm saying it might have been one or two idiots causing trouble, and it turning into something a lot nastier because of false rumours. And people's racial profiling (i.e. "those two guys look like they might be carrying knives") might well have had something to do with it. Clearly there's people on here who think that's impossible, or that you have to be an evil racist to even experience that. I disagree. I think a lot of people are overestimating how reliable eyewitness testimony is, and how people's biases play into it. Maybe that's why some people are more than happy to believe anyone who said "they've got a knife", but are outraged when someone says "no they didn't".

Nick

Administrator
I'm not saying it was a deliberate setup, or a co-ordinated racist attack. I'm saying it might have been one or two idiots causing trouble, and it turning into something a lot nastier because of false rumours. And people's racial profiling (i.e. "those two guys look like they might be carrying knives") might well have had something to do with it. Clearly there's people on here who think that's impossible, or that you have to be an evil racist to even experience that. I disagree. I think a lot of people are overestimating how reliable eyewitness testimony is, and how people's biases play into it. Maybe that's why some people are more than happy to believe anyone who said "they've got a knife", but are outraged when someone says "no they didn't".

So

"Those people look like they might have knives"

Proceed to chase those people down an alley.

Knife found in the bin. Shock, both you and the telegraph seem keen to forget that fact.

The other fact is that other city fans / friends have seen the knife, heard them say it and were there. Now compare that to a random woman from London who has seen an article which doesn't even mention a knife is found.

Users who are viewing this thread