Match Thread Bristol Rovers v Coventry City match thread Saturday 22 Sep (4 Viewers)

MatthewWallis

So frustrating watching us. We’re 3-0 down and just passing it across the pitch. Just then we had a throw in Kelly is free and he’s telling Sterling to throw it backwards to Doyle what’s the fucking point.

It’ll be the same boring words from Robins at the end at how he’s angry but we’ll do the same things next week. We consistently miss chances, takes ages to move the ball, always look like we’ve no creativity but we won’t work on that stuff in training throughout the week

letsallsingtogether

Picking my daughter up from Town.
Got out of the car for 5 mins was 1-0 drove most of the way home thinking it as 2-0 whf nearly crashed when they said 3-0 turned the radio off disgust.
That will show um:(

Sky Blue Harry H

Understand frustrated fans, but we know we are capable of the good, the bad and the ugly. We know we are nowhere near the finished article. MR had by far the best win ratio, yet we are so quick to savage our team. Be careful what you wish for before the ''clueless Robins' posts come in.

Nick

Administrator
They were being pressed by Bristol. Better to keep possession than hoof it, make your mind up!

It's no different if it just ends up being hoofed after 3 or 4 passes anyway? It's all well and good playing it Brown, Willis, Hyam, Willis, Sterling, Brown, Doyle, Brown, Hyam without getting out of our half and then just hammering it forward anyway.

Players are hiding.

Gazolba

Had Bristol Rovers to beat us in the Prediction League but changed it to a draw at the last minute. Never fails.

Paxman II

they hoof the ball, we make repeated mistakes at the back when it's easier to clear it and they get 3 goals? We pass the ball around 38 times before scoring and bristol don't touch the ball. Now we are clearly the better side provided we apply ourselves. Bristol have been given a confidence boost from us. they are terrible, we just need to come out and get about them. They will crack. Missing Batliss, kelly all at sea. Thomas needs to work harder. Chaplin frustrated I'd say...he is running everywhere. I think we can at least draw this one.

runner

Said it before and I’ll say it again. JCH isn’t an upgrade on Biamou, if at all.

Not in the same vicinity as Biamou quality wise ... JCH is inconsistent.... odd good game, but mostly he's lazy (imo) and clearly as a striker, can't score ... one header all season ... (albeit a good one) isn't good enough ....

Nick

Administrator
they hoof the ball, we make repeated mistakes at the back when it's easier to clear it and they get 3 goals? We pass the ball around 38 times before scoring and bristol don't touch the ball. Now we are clearly the better side provided we apply ourselves. Bristol have been given a confidence boost from us. they are terrible, we just need to come out and get about them. They will crack. Missing Batliss, kelly all at sea. Thomas needs to work harder. Chaplin frustrated I'd say...he is running everywhere. I think we can at least draw this one.

Passing it about in our half at 3-0 down doesn't make us the better side.

Johnnythespider

JCH has been pretty bad today. He hasn't held anything up and has had a really heavy touch.

As the other week, he doesn't work when chasing games.
I would swap him for Hiwula, but Robins will put Bakayoko on

skybluepm2

Oh ffs. What the hell is that all about?! Let’s bring on a defensive rookie at 3-1 down away from home, against one of the poorest sides in the division. Has he thrown in the towel already?

Nick

Administrator
He's taken off a liability. We can't go for anything if we're likely to concede every attack

Don't play them from the start, saves wasting a substitution then.

If he had any bottle he would have taken him off and not done a like for like change to try and get us back into it.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So who will our next sub after 70mins be? I reckon Baka for JCH with MR looking to use him as a targetman then moaning afterwards he didn't do the job very well.

Users who are viewing this thread