Bristol Rovers at Home (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
That's not the same thing though is it? Of course there will be people who watch both and give up on City, but they'd be watching both anyway. No one goes "oh Sisu are shit so Im going to watch a sport I have no interest in". The two are only in direct competition in certain City fan's minds.

If anything an increased population interested in sports helps both. Rising tide raises all ships and all that.

That's my point, people have given up with CCFC and gone to jump on the bandwagon as well. As soon as Wasps came here I pointed out that the ones who seemed most excited for them were the ones who shouted loudest about SISU / NOPM and all that.

Not sure why it would be tin foil to think that there is direct competition for fans between the 2, it's pretty obvious that there is.

SkyBlueCharlie9

Either this was a massive c*ck up by the EFL or Premier Rugby or Wasps have decided to take a deliberately aggressive strategy to cause CCFC grief. I know where my suspicions lie!

shmmeee

That's my point, people have given up with CCFC and gone to jump on the bandwagon as well. As soon as Wasps came here I pointed out that the ones who seemed most excited for them were the ones who shouted loudest about SISU / NOPM and all that.

Not sure why it would be tin foil to think that there is direct competition for fans between the 2, it's pretty obvious that there is.

Only to you. Just saying "it's pretty obvious" doesn't make it obvious at all. My personal experience has been there's three types of people: those that follow football and aren't interested in rugby, people that follow rugby and aren't interested in football, and people that like both. Those that like both, like Italia, go to both. What the other ones are doing simply doesn't factor into the decision unless there's a direct conflict on match days, which rarely happens.

Just like NOPM didn't exist, this mythical group of people attending Wasps games to stick it to Sisu doesn't exist, certainly not in large enough numbers to base a stupid business strategy on. They're risking the cash CCFC provides for what? How many extra fans do you think this brings in? It's have to be thousands to be worth it. Do you seriously believe that's the case? Or are you just doing the rather sad thing that this site has done from the start and irrationally hating Wasps just because?

Nick

Administrator
Only to you. Just saying "it's pretty obvious" doesn't make it obvious at all. My personal experience has been there's three types of people: those that follow football and aren't interested in rugby, people that follow rugby and aren't interested in football, and people that like both. Those that like both, like Italia, go to both. What the other ones are doing simply doesn't factor into the decision unless there's a direct conflict on match days, which rarely happens.

Just like NOPM didn't exist, this mythical group of people attending Wasps games to stick it to Sisu doesn't exist, certainly not in large enough numbers to base a stupid business strategy on. They're risking the cash CCFC provides for what? How many extra fans do you think this brings in? It's have to be thousands to be worth it. Do you seriously believe that's the case? Or are you just doing the rather sad thing that this site has done from the start and irrationally hating Wasps just because?

Nobody has said they are basing a whole business strategy on a few people who are NOPM, they are saying that it is pretty obvious that Wasps and CCFC will compete for fans to go and watch. They will be competing in schools for the next generation of fan, they will be competing for casual fans who want something to do at the weekend.

It's the same as how their whole approach to statements and PR when they moved was to just spush "It's SISU's fault", moving to the Higgs "It's SISU's fault" and people bought it because of their dislike for SISU.

They even fluffed the Trust up to the point they were giving statements to the press about how great Wasps are. They went to a Trust event also didn't they?

If they had no interest in taking CCFC fans to go and watch them then why would they bother? Why would people bother trying to sign up on here to push their nonsense as well?

Yes, I do believe that CCFC and Wasps are in competition for fans. Yes I have also seen people (not saying thousands) who rant and rave about SISU also now Wasps "fans".

Tell NOPM doesn't exist to the people who went on about it, the fool who gets on the stage at a trust meeting to push a boycott so CCFC go into admin and the Trust can buy them cheap.... Just because it's hypocritical doesn't mean it isn't "there". It just means it is a very vocal minority who shout the loudest pushing it.

I'm sure there will always be competition given that they are different forms of entertainment. Only like CRFC, Blaze and the Netballers offer an alternative. However, as Shmee has said, those that like football alone will only have Coventry City as Pro football team. For those that support both they can attend both given that we don't play at the same time. A bit of competition can be good anyway as it forces Cov to make sure that the side are run well and competing. However to this think that this is an engineered situation seems unlikely.

This is making life more difficult however we seem to have lost primacy of fixtures with the new contract and neither Wasps or SISU have done anything to try and avoid this situation. Timing of when fixtures are released is irrelevant.

Nick

Administrator
I'm sure there will always be competition given that they are different forms of entertainment. Only like CRFC, Blaze and the Netballers offer an alternative. However, as Shmee has said, those that like football alone will only have Coventry City as Pro football team. For those that support both they can attend both given that we don't play at the same time. A bit of competition can be good anyway as it forces Cov to make sure that the side are run well and competing. However to this think that this is an engineered situation seems unlikely.

This is making life more difficult however we seem to have lost primacy of fixtures with the new contract and neither Wasps or SISU have done anything to try and avoid this situation. Timing of when fixtures are released is irrelevant.

Glad to see you have signed up to push wasps.

So you don't think the fixture clashes were engineered? Bearing in mind ours came out a full month before hand.

Of course timing of fixture releases are relevant, is wasps came out a month before us you would expect the EFL to work around them.

If they came out on the same day then it would also be different.

Looking forward to seeing your input in the match threads.

No, I like reading the site but get a bit fed up with the extreme comments so signed up to put my two pence worth in.

Where have I pushed Wasps?

Why be so defensive? I'll leave the forum if that's what you'd prefer. What an inclusive chap you are, and point at Wasps trying to deter city fans... Just because I don't have a gripe with Wasps doesn't mean im any less a cov fan.

We need primacy on fixtures, that's the lesson learned and hopefully we will have it next year. Hopefully Wasps don't see a huge benefit to playing Saturday and it doesn't cost much either.

I don't like it but have a different perspective on why it's happened.

Yep you will when the season starts.

Nick

Administrator
No, I like reading the site but get a bit fed up with the extreme comments so signed up to put my two pence worth in.

Why be so defensive? I'll leave the forum if that's what you'd prefer. What an inclusive chap you are, and point at Wasps trying to deter city fans... Just because I don't have a gripe with Wasps doesn't mean im any less a cov fan.

We need primacy on fixtures, that's the lesson learned and hopefully we will have it next year. Hopefully Wasps don't see a huge benefit to playing Saturday and it doesn't cost much either.

It isn't being defensive, I just pointed out you signed up especially to get involved with a thread that included wasps, same as this one. You must also be logging out before you read any other threads as well, which is a bit strange.

Nobody has said you have to hate wasps, just that maybe don't sign up and just get stuck in to defending them ;) at least mix it up a bit and talk about the football else you stand out a mile off.

After promotion, checkatrade, players coming and going and multiple other things that have happened, somebody saying something about wasps forced you to sign up and comment. OK then....

As for timing the RFU and EFL are unlikely to ever confer over fixtures... RFU had a launch for the new sponsor and the season finishes later so the fixtures will be released later. They are not going to stand playing second fiddle, even though they are in popularity to another sporting association.

Liquid Gold

Not inspired to sign up to contribute to match threats, to talk about signings, to celebrate a promotion but to stick up for a London franchise.

Nick

Administrator
As for timing the RFU and EFL are unlikely to ever confer over fixtures... RFU had a launch for the new sponsor and the season finishes later so the fixtures will be released later. They are not going to stand playing second fiddle, even though they are in popularity to another sporting association.

Why would they need to confer? Ours were public for a month before theirs...

It would take a quick Google

Liquid Gold

They don't need to confer with the EFL they just need to ask one of their 12 members which dates are unavailable, not difficult. Swansea and Ospreys manage it alright.

itsabuzzard

Love your final paragraph.
No not really. They don't happen at the same time and people are either interested in rugby or not. I stopped attending most of last season and didn't watch a single Wasps game. That's just not how it works.

To imply its an actual business strategy is well into tin foil hat territory.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Warwickhunt

Omen's !! As i was reading this linc a fucking great big Wasp come in the Conservatory and stung me whilst i was reading it! Bastard Wasp's fucking hate them:mad::mad::mad:

Nsgdm1

Don’t worry everyone who does not fall in to line with Nicks way of thinking is a Wasps mole.
I get the same treatment even though having never been to a Wasps game or having any interest in them .

Nick

Administrator
Don’t worry everyone who does not fall in to line with Nicks way of thinking is a Wasps mole.
I get the same treatment even though having never been to a Wasps game or having any interest in them .

Or anybody who only signs in / up to post / look at threads related to Wasps / Council / ACL (anybody but CCFC) then there is a 99.9% chance they are up to something.

Common sense really. A simple click on your post history proves my point.

italiahorse

Nobody has said they have to, people have said they will do it out of spite as by simply saying to the RFU "here's whats on at the minute can you work around it" they could have quite easily done that and still played on Saturdays as they wished.

That could easily be done and avoid CCFC games on a Saturday.
But one consideration that's been aired is that every time Wasps play on a Sunday they usually have one day less to recover than the team they next play away.

Nick

Administrator
That could easily be done and avoid CCFC games on a Saturday.
But one consideration that's been aired is that every time Wasps play on a Sunday they usually have one day less to recover than the team they next play away.

I forgot CCFC played at home every Saturday?

italiahorse

I forgot CCFC played at home every Saturday?
... and perhaps when the battles are over Wasps will be more interested in reversing fixtures.
Appears they may be flexing their muscles this season but why do us favours while the court battle is on.
Yet, to here that CCFC have a problem with moving these fixtures, have you ?

Nick

Administrator
... and perhaps when the battles are over Wasps will be more interested in reversing fixtures.
Appears they may be flexing their muscles this season but why do us favours while the court battle is on.
Yet, to here that CCFC have a problem with moving these fixtures, have you ?

What's that got to do with the point you were just talking about?

You try to excuse / defend them and when you get corrected just start rambling on about something else.

Just as embarrassing as the other 2 clowns who try the same.

italiahorse

Why do you bother?

It bores everybody else as well, you always get shown up, you contradict yourself all the time.

Stick to the Wasps site, come back here when you want to talk about CCFC.

Your the only one trying to influence what can be said on here with your 24/7 monitoring.
Yes, you get the odd few agreeing with you but you need to sit back and see the bigger picture.
For most there is not a lot going on at the moment and it all starts when the season starts.
Good look talking about potential players, 'him or me', u23 matches, family zone and in your case tediously criticising anybody that mentions w@sps positively.
For me I read most threads until they deteriorate into the usual nonsense and 'like' anything that is informative.

Grendel

Your the only one trying to influence what can be said on here with your 24/7 monitoring.
Yes, you get the odd few agreeing with you but you need to sit back and see the bigger picture.
For most there is not a lot going on at the moment and it all starts when the season starts.
Good look talking about potential players, 'him or me', u23 matches, family zone and in your case tediously criticising anybody that mentions w@sps positively.

Cliche riddled twaddle

Nick

Administrator

Step back from the fluster and the padded out bullshit that doesn't really make a point.

You tried to push that they wanted to extra recovery times for games in reply to me saying that they could have easily checked the football fixtures and arranged round it.

I replied to let you know that CCFC don't play every Saturday (as in, they could arrange round them so both could play on Saturday)

You replied with a moan about a long term deal (absolutely nothing to do with what was discussed)

The only person monitoring for anything on here is you and your bullshit act of appearing every time somebody mentions Wasps.

It's strange really, "for most" they are managing to discuss things about CCFC just fine. You choose not to.

You need to stick to trying to push your crap on the Wasps site where you don't get your pants pulled down every time and they will lap it up. Your Wasps bullshit where you get shown up every time isn't needed or wanted on here. Your CCFC comments are more than welcome.

Not hard to understand.

Terry Gibson's perm

For me I read most threads until they deteriorate into the usual nonsense and 'like' anything that is informative.

You must be getting your sites mixed up if you see anybody mentioning Wasps positively.

italiahorse

Step back from the fluster and the padded out bullshit that doesn't really make a point.

You tried to push that they wanted to extra recovery times for games in reply to me saying that they could have easily checked the football fixtures and arranged round it.

I replied to let you know that CCFC don't play every Saturday (as in, they could arrange round them so both could play on Saturday)

You replied with a moan about a long term deal (absolutely nothing to do with what was discussed)

The only person monitoring for anything on here is you and your bullshit act of appearing every time somebody mentions Wasps.

It's strange really, "for most" they are managing to discuss things about CCFC just fine. You choose not to.

You need to stick to trying to push your crap on the Wasps site where you don't get your pants pulled down every time and they will lap it up. Your Wasps bullshit where you get shown up every time isn't needed or wanted on here. Your CCFC comments are more than welcome.

Not hard to understand.

Yes there is talk about CCFC but it's for the fans living CCFC.
I used to be there but now it's all about the day for me now.
A long term deal is relevant because until that happens we will just have too do what Wasps tell us.
It effects everything you continually moan about.
I want a long term deal so we can get on with the football and start to feel we are settled at the Ricoh.
It is not going to happen if we keep battling with Wasps because at the end of the day a good relationship will get the best deal.

Nick

Administrator
Yes there is talk about CCFC but it's for the fans living CCFC.
I used to be there but now it's all about the day for me now.
A long term deal is relevant because until that happens we will just have too do what Wasps tell us.
It effects everything you continually moan about.
I want a long term deal so we can get on with the football and start to feel we are settled at the Ricoh.
It is not going to happen if we keep battling with Wasps because at the end of the day a good relationship will get the best deal.

So you are living Wasps and trying to do it on a CCFC site? As I said, that's not welcome so go and live Wasps on a Wasps site.

Do you really not understand that when you try to make a point, it gets disproven or questions and you just then move the goalposts and start going on about something else it doesn't work.

Are you really struggling that much?

Users who are viewing this thread