Bristol kill the bill protest (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

This is hilarious. Proper gimps.

Giving the police abuse and then all run away screaming.

Did I hear one of them say army tactics ? Lol he's never seen northen Ireland training then they'd cry all the way home

Also the terrible argument that we pay your bills doesn't work as technically the police pay taxes too so they pay for their own wages and bills too ...crap shit argument gets thrown at bin men too

Evo1883

Don't think it's hard with so many of you little bitches to compare to though.

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
My point is, it doesn't really matter what they do, you've already picked your side and if the police set dogs on them and use excessive force, you reckon that's okay. It isn't.
No I think people should accept responsibility for how they behave.

People seem to think that if they label something as a protest they can do whatever they want.

Of course its not all of them but even in that video you have people giving it loads and running away.

You seem to think anything is OK as long as it's a protest. Anything goes, rules don't apply. It isn't.

It reminds me of the pricks at school who would always give it loads and then run off crying if they got a bit back.

Jamesimus

People seem to think that if they label something as a protest they can do whatever they want.

Of course its not all of them but even in that video you have people giving it loads and running away.

You seem to think anything is OK as long as it's a protest. Anything goes, rules don't apply. It isn't.

It reminds me of the pricks at school who would always give it loads and then run off crying if they got a bit back.

Not at all, it's within the context of the protest and what it's about and what is happening. Do I think it would be acceptable to murder an unarmed police officer at one of these protests? Of course not.

People in most cases aren't protesting because it's "what they want to do". That's a very wild and anecdotal opinion and in a similar vein to "tarquins and crusties" as mentioned earlier.

As we saw at that poor girls vigil, when the police turn up, that's often when the trouble starts. Need to think about the role that police and policing "tactics" play in these situations, just a tad more at least, and what they're actually meant to be doing. It's also not their fault they are in the current position of risk that they are in.

Policing needs to change massively over the next decade because it's no longer fit for purpose in many situations.

Nick

Administrator
Not at all, it's within the context of the protest and what it's about and what is happening. Do I think it would be acceptable to murder an unarmed police officer at one of these protests? Of course not.

People in most cases aren't protesting because it's "what they want to do". That's a very wild and anecdotal opinion and in a similar vein to "tarquins and crusties" as mentioned earlier.

As we saw at that poor girls vigil, when the police turn up, that's often when the trouble starts. Need to think about the role that police and policing "tactics" play in these situations, just a tad more at least, and what they're actually meant to be doing. It's also not their fault they are in the current position of risk that they are in.

Policing needs to change massively over the next decade because it's no longer fit for purpose in many situations.

Yeah the poor girls vigil. The worst bit is how people couldn't see how fucking obvious it wasn't a vigil from the start. How naive could you be? You only had to look at the people "pushing" it.

Did you miss the videos from earlier on with all the aggressive chanting from the "vigil"?

It was an insult to the poor victim.

There is no context, people need to face up to their own actions regardless of it being a protest. So what if the police turn up? Does that mean people can act like dicks? It works both ways with prick coppers too.

Would they walk up to somebody else doing their job and scream abuse at them etc?

Jamesimus

Yeah the poor girls vigil. The worst bit is how people couldn't see how fucking obvious it wasn't a vigil from the start. How naive could you be? You only had to look at the people "pushing" it.

Did you miss the videos from earlier on with all the aggressive chanting from the "vigil"?

It was an insult to the poor victim.

There is no context, people need to face up to their own actions regardless of it being a protest. So what if the police turn up? Does that mean people can act like dicks? It works both ways with prick coppers too.

Would they walk up to somebody else doing their job and scream abuse at them etc?

If the police turn up to that particular vigil (as they did), and you can't see how that might escalate a situation, then I can't help you.

Jamesimus

This should apply to police officers more-so, given their relative position of power.

Obviously there are numerous examples where this has not been the case. Crimes committed in and outside of work with little or no responsibility / action.

Poorly instructed, trained and equipped to deal with things currently and it's starting to show more than ever. It's not 'their' fault as such, as people say, it's just a job.

Nick

Administrator
If the police turn up to that particular vigil (as they did), and you can't see how that might escalate a situation, then I can't help you.
It wasn't a vigil, it was a protest piggybacking off a murder.

So what you are saying is people can just do what the fuck they want?

Again, you didn't set the aggressive videos from earlier on?

It's simple, people just need to learn how to behave. A wrongun copper killed a poor girl and will hopefully dealt with, so no police are allowed to an illegal gathering?

It's the fact people are so naive half the time. It wasn't a vigil, it was a political protest jumping on it.

Jamesimus

It wasn't a vigil, it was a protest piggybacking off a murder.

So what you are saying is people can just do what the fuck they want?

Again, you didn't set the aggressive videos from earlier on?

It's simple, people just need to learn how to behave. A wrongun copper killed a poor girl and will hopefully dealt with, so no police are allowed to an illegal gathering?

It's the fact people are so naive half the time.

Protest piggybacking off a murder then, whatever floats your boat.

So what you're saying is police can just do whatever they want?

I've seen many videos. None of which needed to happen if it wasn't for this bill.

It's simple, the police just need to learn how to behave and how to appropriately "police" these things. Yet another wrongun police officer commited a crime (this one happened outside of work, and his colleagues had a bit of fair warning...). So people shouldn't feel the need to protest when they hear these people are to be given more power over non-violent protests?

Nick

Administrator
Protest piggybacking off a murder then, whatever floats your boat.

So what you're saying is police can just do whatever they want?

I've seen many videos. None of which needed to happen if it wasn't for this bill.

It's simple, the police just need to learn how to behave and how to appropriately "police" these things. Yet another wrongun police officer commited a crime (this one happened outside of work, and his colleagues had a bit of fair warning...). So people shouldn't feel the need to protest when they hear these people are to be given more power over non-violent protests?

Where have I said police can do what they want? Obviously not, there will be wrong uns and of course they shouldn't be able to get away with it.

It was the same with city protests, people thought it gave them a free pass to do whatever they wanted because "protest".

As I said, have a look at people pushing the "vigil".

It really can't get any simpler, people need to take responsibility for how they behave, protest or not. Police or not.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
They do get away with it. A lot.
So will all professions that have wrong uns?

So does that mean we can just have a free for all? Where does it stop? Treat everybody of the same race or religion the same if there's wrong uns amongst them?

Jamesimus

So will all professions that have wrong uns?

So does that mean we can just have a free for all? Where does it stop? Treat everybody of the same race or religion the same if there's wrong uns amongst them?

I think it's more to do with the fact that things are overlooked within the police for serving officers and associated management, that for regular folk, would result in convictions or other consequences.

Nick

Administrator
I think it's more to do with the fact that things are overlooked within the police for serving officers and associated management, that for regular folk, would result in convictions or other consequences.
Ah yeah so let's treat every single police person the same.

Jamesimus

Ah yeah so let's treat every single police person the same.

Either you didn't read what I put, or you're struggling with the concept of the police as an organisation?

I have a close family member who is in the police. We get on well. Doesn't mean I have to like who he works for or what he has to do.

Nick

Administrator
Either you didn't read what I put, or you're struggling with the concept of the police as an organisation?

I have a close family member who is in the police. We get on well. Doesn't mean I have to like who he works for or what he has to do.
Fuck da police. Get a grip.

I know full well what an organisation is.

Last edited:

clint van damme

Strange how much coverage this bit of handbags is getting and the bill which the protests are about, which is an appalling bit of legislation, is hardly getting mentioned.

Meanwhile in Northen Ireland police are getting properly attacked and its hardly getting mentioned, I'm sure the fact that it has links to Brexit is nothing to do with the lack of coverage.

Macca

Strange how much coverage this bit of handbags is getting and the bill which the protests are about, which is an appalling bit of legislation, is hardly getting mentioned.

Meanwhile in Northen Ireland police are getting properly attacked and its hardly getting mentioned, I'm sure the fact that it has links to Brexit is nothing to do with the lack of coverage.

I can’t believe the media would miss an opportunity to cover anything that can be pinned on Brexit.

Nick

Administrator

Yeah I saw the NI stuff on the news last night, petrol bombs and blowing cars up to try and get police out to attack them.

Absolute madness, it was quite funny though as somebody lobbed something at the police and while running away set themselves on fire.

Sky Blue Pete

you think the police hitting women sat on the floor is OK?
Fair enough. I think it's appalling.
The police aren't supposed to assault people. There is a time for them to use force admittedly, plenty of examples coming out today of where it wasn't appropriate.

Maybe they'll lie about the injuries they've received again to try and curry a bit of sympathy?
What do they do if they have been asked to move, and then told to move? I suppose they should arrest them at that point not take a cheap shot. Yep outrageous. It’s a lack of control

RegTheDonk

They do get away with it. A lot.
Always going to have a few bad apples but with all this overwhelming visual evidence on youtube, twitter etc, am surprised there's not a dozen coppers sacked every week. Perhaps when examined independently by the complaints commission or whatever the higher body is, looking at other CCTV body cams etc, they do actually take action where it's been confirmed someones stepped over the line without justification. Have seen a few news reports where they've offered an apology or disciplined someone.

I don't agree with this new bill at all but can see why it's come about. We're in a pandemic and people aren't following the rules, regardless if its peaceful or not. With rent a mob hijaking demos and everthing turning ugly, they've played right into the politicians hands to say this bill is justified.

Jamesimus

I don't agree with this new bill at all but can see why it's come about. We're in a pandemic and people aren't following the rules, regardless if its peaceful or not.

Personally, I think it's been a convenient time for them to try and push this through. As per my understanding (I might be wrong) some aspects of it will be remain permanent (noise limits, one person protests etc)

clint van damme

Personally, I think it's been a convenient time for them to try and push this through. As per my understanding (I might be wrong) some aspects of it will be remain permanent (noise limits, one person protests etc)

Politicians have massively taken advantage of this pandemic. From plundering the public purse to introducing appalling legislation. Absolute wankers.

Nick

Administrator
Always going to have a few bad apples but with all this overwhelming visual evidence on youtube, twitter etc, am surprised there's not a dozen coppers sacked every week. Perhaps when examined independently by the complaints commission or whatever the higher body is, looking at other CCTV body cams etc, they do actually take action where it's been confirmed someones stepped over the line without justification. Have seen a few news reports where they've offered an apology or disciplined someone.

I don't agree with this new bill at all but can see why it's come about. We're in a pandemic and people aren't following the rules, regardless if its peaceful or not. With rent a mob hijaking demos and everthing turning ugly, they've played right into the politicians hands to say this bill is justified.

The other thing is that when you only see a clip on Twitter with some misleading headline you don't see the full story. I saw something the other day where a copper was telling a protestor to take stones out of their bag they had got from some roadworks.

It was spun as "Police help man will his bag with stones, is he a plant?"

You would guess the independent commission will get to see things like CCTV, bodycam etc to try and get more of an idea. 100% they should take action against any of them crossing the line. It's just that an edited video on Twitter isn't always that "damning".

Evo1883

Isn't it wonderful living in a world where you are shown what they want to show you based off political and media bias and current trend ....Not

The mainstream media is unfortunately a propaganda tool .
We need more alternatives

clint van damme

There have never been more alternatives to “mainstream media”, and the press itself has never been more regulated.

The problem is most people don't have the time to research every big news story to get to the unbiased truth.
We needed media who do their job properly without pushing an agenda. A pipe dream of course.

Grendel

The problem is most people don't have the time to research every big news story to get to the unbiased truth.
We needed media who do their job properly without pushing an agenda. A pipe dream of course.

But people are biased - you are politically biased

Jamesimus

There have never been more alternatives to “mainstream media”, and the press itself has never been more regulated.

I mean, there are too many if anything! And they are not properly regulated. Leading to daft news sites. I'm guessing matey meant legitimate alternatives to stuff like the BBC / The Daily Mail etc?

I used to read that Media Lens a bit, which analysed news stories etc. But again, who regulates that?!

Nick

Administrator
Politicians have massively taken advantage of this pandemic. From plundering the public purse to introducing appalling legislation. Absolute wankers.

Correct, they need some police brutality.

If anything, they will just be stirring the pot.

Users who are viewing this thread