Bristol kill the bill protest (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Spotted an anarchist and Antifa flags in the news so no surprise there then.
The red and black ones.
Any protest is going to get people from all sorts of organisations involved. Loads of protests in Britain have numerous Union flags or flag of St George. Should we therefore assume it's Britain behind it and say the govt is behind the protest? Or declare Britain a threat to itself? The most common symbol at the storming of the Capitol building? American flags. Oh, but they're just patriots defending their rights aren't they....

And to be fair this bill has bootmarks of fascism all over it, so Antifa have a legitimate right to protest I'd say.

chiefdave

Yeah these Millenial gimps letting police vans tires down and acting like victims when they get arrested is going to change the world.

Half the little gimps probably have no idea why they are there but want to kick off and get away with it.
Would absolutely agree that the kids smashing the police station with skateboards who look about 14 had little idea what the protest was about and just saw an excuse to cause trouble. But if that's the case you can't then place the blame for violence on those genuinely protesting can you?

The point still stands though, how many example of peaceful protesting working are there? Largest protest I can remember was against the Iraq war, did absolutely nothing.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

This is an interesting point. We've seen protests about all sorts of things over the years, and quite a lot of larger scale ones over the last couple of years. What was the last time a peaceful protest achieved the desired result on any major issue? The last protest I recall having a significant impact was poll tax and that was far from peacefull. Every type of protest that takes place we hear the same thing, 'people have a right to protest but not that way', which way then?

On this issue there has been numerous large, peaceful, protests. The only noticeable impact was a last minute change from Starmer to whip Labour to vote against rather than his usual abstain but it was still voted through with a majority of 96. The 'spycops' bill was protested against, went through with a majority of 215.

This is exactly what I mean by boiling point. people are trying to be considerate and protest peacefully, but no-one seems to listen if you do. They don't take it seriously. Suffragettes only started to get noticed when they stopped peaceful protest and starting firebombing shops and attacking MP's.

It’sabatch87

Just seen a Britain First flag being flown on the news too
I couldn’t give two fooks about any right wing or left wing group tbh they both need to grow up and get on.
I agree it was a peaceful protest until the anarchists turned up police need to infiltrate both Britain first and Antifa and see who is funding them!!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm not sure which way to take the title of the protest. "Kill the Bill", meaning an Act of Parliament or "Kill the Bill" meaning death to the police who oppose us? :unsure:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I couldn’t give two fooks about any right wing or left wing group tbh they both need to grow up and get on.
I agree it was a peaceful protest until the anarchists turned up police need to infiltrate both Britain first and Antifa and see who is funding them!!

Seemed peaceful until the police in riot gear turned up to me.

Or are you saying the riot police are anarchists?

It’sabatch87

Seemed peaceful until the police in riot gear turned up to me.

Or are you saying the riot police are anarchists?
No,Yes it was peaceful so who were the guys/girls dressed in black faces covered hoods up causing criminal damage throwing rocks and fireworks setting fire to public property?
Organised left wing group is my bet.
Even the local Labour mp has said it was a direct attack on the police by a organised mob!!
If anyone is defending or making excuses for the 400/500 mob intent on disorder let alone the social distancing not adhered to let’s here it.
Feel sorry for Marvin Rees as he’s done a lot overthe past year and been let down.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Would absolutely agree that the kids smashing the police station with skateboards who look about 14 had little idea what the protest was about and just saw an excuse to cause trouble. But if that's the case you can't then place the blame for violence on those genuinely protesting can you?

The point still stands though, how many example of peaceful protesting working are there? Largest protest I can remember was against the Iraq war, did absolutely nothing.

So smashing up police stations is going to work?

Fact is, a high percentage if these pricks will turn up to any "protest" just because that's what they do. Even the ones with their faces in the media for "vigils" were hardened protestors.

People see it as a free pass to act like dicks because they know if they end up getting arrested they can be seen as "blameless" and "victims".

shmmeee

No,Yes it was peaceful so who were the guys/girls dressed in black faces covered hoods up causing criminal damage throwing rocks and fireworks setting fire to public property?
Even the local Labour mp has said it was a direct attack on the police by a organised mob!!
If anyone is defending or making excuses for the 400/500 mob intent on disorder let alone the social distancing not adhered to let’s here it.
Feel sorry for Marvin Rees as he’s done a lot overthe past year and been let down.

Think that’s fair. There’s a group who turn up to every protest no matter what and start trouble. Has always been the case at “anti establishment” protests. Same as football or the knobs who always turn up from EDL at anything vaguely their scene.

Jamesimus

I can understand why people would be pissed off with this bill, what's in it, the precedent it sets, the timing of it?! Maybe they should have done a change.org petition instead to raise awareness of it?! 🤣

I can totally understand people disliking the violent aspect of these protests. I can't understand people in one hand getting upset about the destruction of property and in the other wanting to set dogs on other humans?!

Seen various parties to blame, the usual rhetoric and a very embarrassing contribution from one poster who wants to infiltrate antifascism; good luck pal 😁

Jamesimus

Fact is, a high percentage if these pricks will turn up to any "protest" just because that's what they do. Even the ones with their faces in the media for "vigils" were hardened protestors.

People see it as a free pass to act like dicks because they know if they end up getting arrested they can be seen as "blameless" and "victims".

I think a lot of people don't see them like that and also, a lot of people end up getting prosecuted or getting a criminal record out of it.

Nick

Administrator
I can understand why people would be pissed off with this bill, what's in it, the precedent it sets, the timing of it?! Maybe they should have done a change.org petition instead to raise awareness of it?!

I can totally understand people disliking the violent aspect of these protests. I can't understand people in one hand getting upset about the destruction of property and in the other wanting to set dogs on other humans?!

Seen various parties to blame, the usual rhetoric and a very embarrassing contribution from one poster who wants to infiltrate antifascism; good luck pal
Yeah I'd set bears on the pricks too.

It's the entitlement that they can do what they want. You see the same gimps mouth off to bouncers because if they get a slap they will "take their job".

shmmeee

Yeah I'd set bears on the pricks too.

It's the entitlement that they can do what they want. You see the same gimps mouth off to bouncers because if they get a slap they will "take their job".

See also every little shit in school.

Jamesimus

[

Lol "back in my day bouncers were well within their rights to kick the shite out of you if you were being daft, now all they're allowed to do is physically remove you from the premises" 😁

Otis

They are like football hooligans many of them. Turn up where they think there will be a ruckus.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

There is one guy who I met in Vietnam (from Bristol) who posted an Instagram story last night. I knew exactly what it would be.

He is a great guy, but always gets involved in these kind of things. He's a massive left wing activist (who says I can't get on with a leftie!), and has been involved every time something goes down. I think he has been down to Westminster a few times for various things.

As others have said, this kind of thing doesn't help the greater good. Even if I agree this bill is a joke.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

What was the point of this protest?

That link explains it a bit better mate.

I was reading the article about the riots and the below stood out to me:

"This means that arguably, the police were outnumbered. To arrest one protester during the pandemic, it currently takes an average of three officers and one vehicle, since suspects have to be kept socially distanced. However, public order commanders know that sending in snatch squads to make arrests also leads to a more violent response. So, instead of clearing the streets, and making arrests, a decision was taken for police to hold their ground, and gather evidence for later investigations. The result has given a dangerous impression. A feeling of a loss of control which was also a feature of the early stages of the 2011 riots in England."

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

During the daylight the protest was calm, non-violent and almost a carnival atmosphere. Once it starts to get dark however...

That's just people wanting a ruck. They don't give a fuck about what a protest is about, just the chance to engage in mayhem. It's been the same for BLM and far-right protests. Half of them have no idea what the protest is about but it gives them the chance to kick off. Then the police in the gear turn up and they use that as a further excuse, as they're less likely to be passive than ordinary coppers.

To say it's organised left-wing is very presumptous. It's a load of scrotes using the dark to cause destruction hoping it'll prevent them being identified. Like lads out on the town on a Friday who clearly just want to start a fight then run off before the old bill catches them.

Users who are viewing this thread