Bristol kill the bill protest (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Will be the same bunch of cunts on almost every protest. Doesn't matter the cause just get on the bandwagon, pretend you're peaceful and the establishment at fault.

Fucking cunts the lot of em.

Sky Blue Harry H

With all that's going on in the world, and people like NHS staff and others having gone through what they have for the last 12 months, these tw*ts boil my piss. Rent a squatter mob who don't really care what they are protesting about. Just want to be anti establishment. Gggrrrr.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
These wankers need taking down! Fucking scum! I don't give a fuck what they're supposed to be "protesting" about. Their behaviour is disgusting and nothing short of rioting and should be dealt with accordingly. Rubber bullets, water canons and CS gas is needed!
They'll all be bragging about it on social media tomorrow. Should be easy enough for the police to trace the cunts!

It’sabatch87

These wankers need taking down! Fucking scum! I don't give a fuck what they're supposed to be "protesting" about. Their behaviour is disgusting and nothing short of rioting and should be dealt with accordingly. Rubber bullets, water canons and CS gas is needed!
They'll all be bragging about it on social media tomorrow. Should be easy enough for the police to trace the cunts!
Need a few pictures up in the national press and mainstream tv,Hooefully a few will get an early morning knock soon!!

bringbackrattles

Must be me mellowing with age but these "rioters" are just stupid troublemakers latching on to the latest thing to rebel against. Bet they dont know what they're rebelling against, just get out on the streets and cause some mayhem. Back in the 70's and 80's at matches I'd join in the fighting at grounds, fight or flight. Looking back I can see it was stupid, but I just got involved without giving it much thought. Now I turn on the telly and laugh at the mindless behaviour, and I never thought I'd say it but if the coppers turn on them and give a few some slaps, so be it, back in " the day" if you whacked a copper expect a punch in the mouth back !

Sky Blue Harry H

Need a few pictures up in the national press and mainstream tv,Hooefully a few will get an early morning knock soon!!
People love a bit of amateur sleuthing. I'm sure it's done on-line by the police, but a TV programme covering the event and showing faces with a phone number to ring would nab loads of them via a few 'twitching curtains' Miss Marples.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

This is just going to become another political Baton for one side to bash the other with. Sick of it. Everything in society now is politicised. Feel like we live in such a divided country.

You feel like we live in a divided country because we do.

Trouble is it's divided in so many ways. Politics, class, sex, race, sexual orientation, wealth.....

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yeah. This bill does need killing. This will have the opposite affect.

Indeed. Fuckwits can't see this kind of action just gives those that want it more ammo to introduce it. It's so utterly stupid it's almost like you'd think they were being told to do it to gain support for the bill. Sure they are some there just wanting a bit of aggro rather than really caring, or even know what the Bill is.

Now, I think we've arguably too meek in protesting in recent years but there's a sensible and reasoned response. Covid cases might be down but do they think having large amount of people in close proximity during lockdown is going to gain you public favour? Do the NHS not have enough to do at the moment?

Things are at boiling point and it will eventually explode. Those in power keep taking more and more liberties (literally) and surely they must be able to see there's a point where it'll be one thing too many.

fernandopartridge

If anybody thinks peaceful protest is the correct way to face up to the utterly draconian bill the govt passed last week they need their heads looking at.

But, let's see what the full story is first. Anybody part of a football crowd will know police tactics are confrontational at best. Also worth remembering the extent to which the security services infiltrate political campaigns.

It’sabatch87

Standard Bristol. Basically the privileged classes football hooligans. Mind you unlike football fans they had to actually do something before they were treated like criminals
Police should have been shouting back to school/uni tomorrow!!

chiefdave

We have a right to protest in this country, which is a privilege that some don’t get. But there’s a way to go about it.
If anybody thinks peaceful protest is the correct way to face up to the utterly draconian bill the govt passed last week they need their heads looking at.
This is an interesting point. We've seen protests about all sorts of things over the years, and quite a lot of larger scale ones over the last couple of years. What was the last time a peaceful protest achieved the desired result on any major issue? The last protest I recall having a significant impact was poll tax and that was far from peacefull. Every type of protest that takes place we hear the same thing, 'people have a right to protest but not that way', which way then?

On this issue there has been numerous large, peaceful, protests. The only noticeable impact was a last minute change from Starmer to whip Labour to vote against rather than his usual abstain but it was still voted through with a majority of 96. The 'spycops' bill was protested against, went through with a majority of 215.

Liquid Gold

This is an interesting point. We've seen protests about all sorts of things over the years, and quite a lot of larger scale ones over the last couple of years. What was the last time a peaceful protest achieved the desired result on any major issue? The last protest I recall having a significant impact was poll tax and that was far from peacefull. Every type of protest that takes place we hear the same thing, 'people have a right to protest but not that way', which way then?

On this issue there has been numerous large, peaceful, protests. The only noticeable impact was a last minute change from Starmer to whip Labour to vote against rather than his usual abstain but it was still voted through with a majority of 96. The 'spycops' bill was protested against, went through with a majority of 215.
The statue toppling had the desired effect. Years of petitioning the merchant ventures got nowhere. One angry protest pulled it down and now it’s in a museum and pretty much all the things named after Colston have changed or are in the process of changing names. That’s after 30/40 years of inactivity.

PurpleBin

Same as Marty. I had a very low point over the Xmas period, was really down and angry at everything/everyone all the time. Came off twitter and Facebook and haven't watched the news nor read any papers. Sometimes feel a bit "out of the loop" when people say "you see that thing on the news" etc and im literally clueless about everything. But my mental state is sooooo much better off for it. I won't be rushing back to social media or the news in all honesty and id strongly advise anyone else on here suffering with any form of mental health problems to give them all a break for a while too.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I had a years break 2019 and it was the best thing I ever did. Foolishly went back to Twitter early 2020. Ended up arguing with some twat last night so deactivated this morning. Not worth it!

Nick

Administrator

Yeah these Millenial gimps letting police vans tires down and acting like victims when they get arrested is going to change the world.

Half the little gimps probably have no idea why they are there but want to kick off and get away with it.

Users who are viewing this thread