Match Thread Bristol City V Coventry City (3 Viewers)

Evo1883

Watching some of the goals in league 1 and 2... It looks terrible 😂😂😂

Londonccfcfan

I know, but as a team who is trying to progress in a league full of clubs with wage bills probably 6 or 7 times ours in size.. We applied ourself well and showed that we have the ability to compete at this level

Absolutely!.

Was worried first few mins. But anyone who watched that game knows that was a very fortunate 3 points for them.

Gotta say though they looked bang average. That's a compliment to us.

Grendel

If you give a goal start to a team it’s always a problem

Positives were that Godden looked lively and a threat as did O Hare. Hamer has to control his game - looks ok but you can’t have lack of discipline

I can’t really understand why pask struggled for fitness late on.

Goals were poor. It looked like the Norwegian guy was asleep and the kick off and Hyam didn’t mark the zone

It’s a bit silly to say that we controlled the game largely and we were better. Possession is 9 tenths of fuck all if you don’t dominate - we had possession to a tee under thorn and just succumbed time and time again

We are not very strong or resilient and will have to be. It showed against Birmingham last year and again as the game went on and we ran out of steam

I hope walker and Godden will start together soon as they could be a danger in unison

It’s not a bad start but concede goals like that every game and we will find life difficult

Tommo1993

First game at higher level and due to defensive sleepiness, we were made to chase the game from the off.

Yeah, not ideal!

EAst ender

Well played sky blues and unlucky.
Our first half performance was unacceptable but fair play to your team. If we had gone in to half time behind, I couldn't have complained.
2nd half, I thought we were the better side, especially when Bakinson came on.
You did look shattered for the last 1/4 but that will come.
Play like that and take a few chances and you'll be fine. At this level, you have to take a higher percentage as the opposition will.
Both teams have plenty of stuff to work on TBH and have room for improvement, especially us.
Good luck from now on, I'll be hoping you will be fine, which I think you will.

Sky Blue Pete

If you give a goal start to a team it’s always a problem

Positives were that Godden looked lively and a threat as did O Hare. Hamer has to control his game - looks ok but you can’t have lack of discipline

I can’t really understand why pask struggled for fitness late on.

Goals were poor. It looked like the Norwegian guy was asleep and the kick off and Hyam didn’t mark the zone

It’s a bit silly to say that we controlled the game largely and we were better. Possession is 9 tenths of fuck all if you don’t dominate - we had possession to a tee under thorn and just succumbed time and time again

We are not very strong or resilient and will have to be. It showed against Birmingham last year and again as the game went on and we ran out of steam

I hope walker and Godden will start together soon as they could be a danger in unison

It’s not a bad start but concede goals like that every game and we will find life difficult
Why is it a bit silly?

Grendel

Why is it a bit silly?

Because we have played seriously 3 times against championship opposition since January - apparently have nothing to fear and are the better footballing team - and we won none of them - clubs can often punch above their weight and get nothing.

We did ok today but will need to do a lot better going forward and can’t concede goals as easily as we did

Johnnythespider

I've seen it back a few times now, we were definitely zonally marking. The winner was down to the deficiencies of zonal marking rather than Shipley losing his man. Shipley was marking a zone not a man

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I don't get this zonal marking, I've never seen a zone score a goal against us.

Ccfcisparks

Because we have played seriously 3 times against championship opposition since January - apparently have nothing to fear and are the better footballing team - and we won none of them - clubs can often punch above their weight and get nothing.

We did ok today but will need to do a lot better going forward and can’t concede goals as easily as we did
Out of curiosity Grendel, where do you think we will finish?

LilleSkyBlue

Reminded me of the Scunthorpe home game first one back in League One. Didn't deserve to lose and last 15 mins of first half was a joy to watch, they couldn't get near us. Get the fitness levels up and we'll be fine (y)

Spot on - that Scunny defeat was my first thought at the end (though the order of the goals was different).

In both games our opponents just seemed to be cranking their way towards an inexorable win, though not especially deserved

cc84cov

I think we will finish just outside the bottom three. I think the squad is capable of doing it but it’s going to be a long hard slog
Agree with this,we are behind where we need to be but defence I feel is ok,midfield also if we keep players fit my worry is goals going forward.

Grendel

Why you asking him.
His track record of predicting where we will finish is way off the mark.

Oh dear it’s not another day on the White Lightening under the arches is it?

AlansEyes

Plenty of positives to take, especially the first half. Two disappointing goals to concede though. Thought Hamer going off was a turning point, but if he hadn't been subbed he would have been sent off within the next 5 or 10 mins. On to the next game, still think staying up would be a fantastic season.

Fergusons_Beard

Shape went when Robins took off Allen for Walker.

We still were on top up until that point but as soon as Hamer went off and Martin came on they had a focal point & we had lost our most influential midfielder.

Godden should have been the one being subbed.

Hopefully Robins & Aidy see that the 2 up top does not work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cc84cov

We still were on top up until that point but as soon as Hamer went off and Martin came on they had a focal point & we had lost our most influential midfielder.

If we kept one up it should of been Baka I was calling for Allen off for walker as we needed an outlet looking back it gave them more space in midfield,again without forced changes we could of done with Baka coming on for Godden.

Sky Blue Pete

Think that’s fair in hindsight

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

In theory with zonal a player should never completely free like they can if man marking

Or you get loads of your attackers in one zone and you end up with plenty of free attackers and defenders standings there defending fuck all.

Magwitch

Seen enough today to tell me we can compete, Bristol fancy themselves to challenge don’t see why with a full team and perhaps a couple of good additions we can’t be on their shirt tails.

Brylowes

Seen enough today to tell me we can compete, Bristol fancy themselves to challenge don’t see why with a full team and perhaps a couple of good additions we can’t be on their shirt tails.
After today I think they’d be happy to be hanging on ours.

Users who are viewing this thread