Match Thread Bristol City V Coventry City (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Just a quick bit of praise for Callum O'Hare who literally leaves everything out on the pitch - runs his socks off. If I was worried about anybody running out of steam/needing the odd break during the season, it would be him. Top top player for us - love his enthusiasm and always likely to create something.

shmmeee

Ahead of who? Given he prefers playing wide and getting crosses in a we play narrow with centre midfielders?

Marosi
Rose Sheaf McFadz
Kasta Dabo Pask Jobello
O’Hare Giles
Walker

SBT XI

Discipline could be the reason others haven't taken a punt on him? Ability wise clearly able.

He averages a yellow every four games over his career and no reds one red. It’s not that bad. He’ll settle.

Last edited:

KenilworthSkyBlue

Marosi
Rose Sheaf McFadz
Kasta Dabo Pask Jobello
O’Hare Giles
Walker

SBT XI

He averages a yellow every four games over his career and no reds. It’s not that bad. He’ll settle.

People forget that Dabo's discipline was dreadful during the first half of the season. It must be something to do with European football...

He settled down though, as I'm sure Hamer will.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

More positives and optimism to take from that than negatives, despite the loss. With Dabo esp to come in and Rose we've got enough quality to compete footballing wise. Very instructive going forward to.

It showed how we can't afford to be as wasteful in front of goal or switch off at this level or we'll be punished for it more often than not. We deserved a point and didn't get one. Sign of a good team is playing poorly and getting things from games, not playing well and getting nothing.

Also indicated the extra tempo in the Champ as we were knackered for the last twenty minutes. Didn't help Kelly and Hamer having to go off not letting us freshen up in the latter stages and maybe as the season goes on that extra time other teams spent playing will stop being a boon for player fitness and they'll start to feel more tired. Time will tell.

Also showed how vital the midfield is with Kelly injured and Hamer having to be subbed to escape a red, both of which were highlighted as worries. Sheaf looks capable in the role but who else? I hope Kelly's injury isn't too bad and won't be missing long. If not maybe MR was straight in to see BC after the game to bid for Walsh!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Marosi
Rose Sheaf McFadz
Kasta Dabo Pask Jobello
O’Hare Giles
Walker

SBT XI

He averages a yellow every four games over his career and no reds. It’s not that bad. He’ll settle.

He might find he doesn't get the same leeway here as elsewhere. Also wonder if he got subbed much in other games to escape a red? I agree I think he'll settle but it could be a bit hairy in the meantime.

Brylowes

Marosi
Rose Sheaf McFadz
Kasta Dabo Pask Jobello
O’Hare Giles
Walker

SBT XI

Slightly worried that we may have to sub him off for the last 20-30 minutes every week
in order to keep his record of no red cards in tact.

Great_Expectations

Disappointed we have come away with no points, as we absolutely deserved at least one. And in my view three.

Lots of positives to take, including the overall one that we dominated an established Championship team (that some on here were absolutely in awe of pre match) for two thirds of the game. Individually nobody looked out of their depth (even boo boy Shipley) and in my view we only lost because of match fitness, nothing else. And that can be easily fixed.

Pask did a good job but he isn’t a wing back so we were hamstringed in a sense from the start as compare his attacking impact/availability v Giles. Dabo gives us another big option and helps to stretch teams.

It’s also worth noting we lost both CM’s, which would impact any team.

Encouraging start and I think we only get better as the season goes on. I get we lost and that’ll appease some of the doubters, but hopefully those who actually watched today and have an understanding of football have taken a lot of positives.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Not too concerned, in fact more positives from today. Hamer is some player, but gonna need to control that urge to dive in. O’Hare looked class, Giles also.
I think it was just getting tired because we haven’t played in 6 months. We bossed the game for long periods against a good side. A few weeks time and we’ll be rocking.
Totally agree, we looked the better team for large parts of that game but Bristol came on at the end of the game. We showed enough for me to stop worrying we’ll get battered every week for sure. Once we get the new recruits bedded in we’ll be good. No doubt in my mind now.

shmmeee

Slightly worried that we may have to sub him off for the last 20-30 minutes every week
in order to keep his record of no red cards in tact.

I think he’ll get a game suspension from five yellows, but he’s not stupid he just picked up an early booking and was his first game with a Championship referee. He’ll learn what he can get away with and he’ll be fine.

covcity4life

Frustrating result buy pleasing performance. We didn't look like a League 1 team fighting. Looked a decent championship outfit. Had better of the game. Lots of positives to take.

Londonccfcfan

We have to be carefull
Not too concerned, in fact more positives from today. Hamer is some player, but gonna need to control that urge to dive in. O’Hare looked class, Giles also.

Totally agree, we looked the better team for large parts of that game but Bristol came on at the end of the game. We showed enough for me to stop worrying we’ll get battered every week for sure. Once we get the new recruits bedded in we’ll be good. No doubt in my mind now.
Hamer is a gem of a player. 2 great feet. Imo big upgrade on Walsh. Although discipline will be an issue. For me Hamer was stand out for both teams on show.

SkyblueTexan

In hindsight maybe we should have parked the bus at 1-1. Not sure.

cc84cov

Feel Gutted we lost tasted it 3 times last year,defo worth a point today I think Bristol would agree.Fitness will get better we wilL get sharper didn’t help with injury today with Kelly & Hamer having to come off.Ill also add we have nothing to worry about with Hamer once he gets upto match sharpness he will be making the tacklers cleaner and sharper.

OPR Friday again I have no idea how that will pan out fancy a point but they beat a good forest side today.

HerneBayGaz

we certainly deserved something from the game. Played some slick football at times. We will play a lot worse then today and win. I'm disappointed but not downhearted. Move on Tuesday and hopefully stuff Gillingham and give fatty Evans something to moan about. (Although it doesn't take much)

skyblue1991

We were better first half (despite the 20 second goal), Bristol City were better second half.

Draw was a fair result.

We lost, let's move on. Plenty of positivies to take into the next game

Liquid Gold

we certainly deserved something from the game. Played some slick football at times. We will play a lot worse then today and win. I'm disappointed but not downhearted. Move on Tuesday and hopefully stuff Gillingham and give fatty Evans something to moan about. (Although it doesn't take much)
Nah we’re above those weird lower league managers now. Who cares what they say.

cc84cov

We were better first half (despite the 20 second goal), Bristol City were better second half.

Draw was a fair result.

We lost, let's move on. Plenty of positivies to take into the next game
Agreed if I’m happy we must of done something right today can’t fault the effort of the lads we will kick on from this sky tv next Friday for QPR

Users who are viewing this thread