Match Thread Bristol City V Coventry City (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Apologies - just went on the CCFC site to purchase a match pass - clicked on the link and just got a ball bouncing up and down 🤣 ⚽

I thought I'd seen some posts from people saying that they'd already bought one?

Sky Blue Harry H

It's available to purchase.

Thanks Marty

Having got ifollow to transfer my registration from MK Dons to CCFC today (due to previous incompetence on my behalf) I thought i'd buy a match pass, but the link to watch the game saying click here just lead to said bouncing ball. I'll have another crack, but thanks for confirming they're available.

Edit: still not worked, but whilst piddling about with that, I've just seen Dave Boddy's statement that includes 'the QPR game will not be shown on ifollow' as it is a Sky game. P*ssed off with that, as it had indicated that they would make it available to people under the membership scheme. Don't have Sky and not going to the pub to watch it (Cov-id). Not happy - but boo hiss to Sky (not Dave Boddy)

Last edited:

Irish Sky Blue

Thanks Marty

Having got ifollow to transfer my registration from MK Dons to CCFC today (due to previous incompetence on my behalf) I thought i'd buy a match pass, but the link to watch the game saying click here just lead to said bouncing ball. I'll have another crack, but thanks for confirming they're available.

Edit: still not worked, but whilst piddling about with that, I've just seen Dave Boddy's statement that includes 'the QPR game will not be shown on ifollow' as it is a Sky game. P*ssed off with that, as it had indicated that they would make it available to people under the membership scheme. Don't have Sky and not going to the pub to watch it (Cov-id). Not happy - but boo hiss to Sky (not Dave Boddy)
Can you buy a Sky match pass for that particular game? I don't have Sky either. I am sure I watched the game away at Portsmouth 2 years ago (the one we lost 2-1) on Sky by paying on the day.

Sky Blue Harry H

Can you buy a Sky match pass for that particular game? I don't have Sky either. I am sure I watched the game away at Portsmouth 2 years ago (the one we lost 2-1) on Sky by paying on the day.
Can you watch it that way on your laptop, or TV?

shmmeee

You buy a day pass for about a tenner don’t you? I remember doing this too.

Mucca Mad Boys

You buy a day pass for about a tenner don’t you? I remember doing this too.

Yes, I’ve bought a few Sky Sports 24hr passes a few times over the recent seasons on Now TV.

I’m sure there’ll be decent streams on the internet, but for the sake of £10, we can watch the games uninterrupted by inevitable lags and buffering.

shmmeee

Yes, I’ve bought a few Sky Sports 24hr passes a few times over the recent seasons on Now TV.

I’m sure there’ll be decent streams on the internet, but for the sake of £10, we can watch the games uninterrupted by inevitable lags and buffering.

Annoying the club don’t get a boost but I suppose Sky don’t know if you bought it for the City game or the Spanish U12s midget league wrestling or whatever. Would be nice if they offered an option to donate to one of the teams playing that day when you signed up.

Mucca Mad Boys

Annoying the club don’t get a boost but I suppose Sky don’t know if you bought it for the City game or the Spanish U12s midget league wrestling or whatever. Would be nice if they offered an option to donate to one of the teams playing that day when you signed up.

I imagine they take all the cut because they give the clubs money for the televised game?

In theory, I’d love to but this off of the club’s website instead. That’s why I’m going to buy all the match passes on our website, now we actually know we can buy it from our website!

It’sabatch87

I live not far from Bristol and have a few Bristol city mates,They are confident but like last season after lockdown they were poor so hoping for a little shuffle and smile into work on Monday PUSB was the last league game down here that 0-0 or the one before we won 2-1 Moussa and Webster dreadful conditions if I remember correctly?

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

I live not far from Bristol and have a few Bristol city mates,They are confident but like last season after lockdown they were poor so hoping for a little shuffle and smile into work on Monday PUSB was the last league game down here that 0-0 or the one before we won 2-1 Moussa and Webster dreadful conditions if I remember correctly?
Last time we played BCFC was the 0-0 that secured them the title. We were there the same season in the JPT when half the stadium was rubble too. You're right though the league meeting before that was our 2-1 win in the pissing rain, think it was Mark Marshall's debut and I was sure it was going to get called off as huge patches of the pitch were over an inch under water.

They're a very different club now though.

capel & collindridge

Look at this thread and the possible team they could put out..... gulp...

Hope they're playing Alf Bentley in goal. I wondered what had happened to him. Thought he'd died about 25 years ago, but if he plays a full season for Bristol City, he may reach 90 just before they're relegated! ;-)

EAst ender

To cheer you up, we may not have a senior centre half available as Nathan Baker is out until Xmas, Alfie Mawson isn't match fit and we don't know if Tomas Kalas can play as the Czech national team are isolating.
That leaves us with Taylor Moore, who is certainly decent but has been in L1 on loan and Zac Vyner who was with Aberdeen last season, once again decent but not very experienced in the Championship. I was hoping either Kalas and / or Mawson would be available to lead the defence.

larry_david

Don't wanna worry you anymore but Dabo is back fit now in line to start CM to attack your non existent centre backs

Liquid Gold

To cheer you up, we may not have a senior centre half available as Nathan Baker is out until Xmas, Alfie Mawson isn't match fit and we don't know if Tomas Kalas can play as the Czech national team are isolating.
That leaves us with Taylor Moore, who is certainly decent but has been in L1 on loan and Zac Vyner who was with Aberdeen last season, once again decent but not very experienced in the Championship. I was hoping either Kalas and / or Mawson would be available to lead the defence.
We're missing Dabo so you get no sympathy, he's our entire right side. I still maintain one of the best players to ever turn up in League One.

EAst ender

Don't wanna worry you anymore but Dabo is back fit now in line to start CM to attack your non existent centre backs
I'm a Bristol City fan and we've had 4 years of Johnson ball. We've been much better away from the Gate than at home so we wouldn't worry anyway. :(

It’sabatch87

Last time we played BCFC was the 0-0 that secured them the title. We were there the same season in the JPT when half the stadium was rubble too. You're right though the league meeting before that was our 2-1 win in the pissing rain, think it was Mark Marshall's debut and I was sure it was going to get called off as huge patches of the pitch were over an inch under water.

Remember that guy at the other end from us on his shed?

shmmeee

Ah Shedman. The club gave him a season ticket for all the positive media coverage he got. He was even in the New York Times!
The Gate has changed a bit since then, obviously.

What’s the feeling your end on this? Easy game? What are people predicting?

Evo1883

Changed my mind Bristol 1 - 2 Coventry
giphy.gif

fernandopartridge

I was working in Cov at that time and my mate drove us down, was a surprise the game started let alone finished. Rare goal from Andy Webster too!

EAst ender

What’s the feeling your end on this? Easy game? What are people predicting?
Certainly not an easy game. The consensus is that you've recruited well and will do the best of the promoted sides.
Do we expect to win? Not a clue as we have no idea how we will go but would like to get off to a good start.
Most are predicting a narrow home win and, if I'm being honest, I would probably agree although I'm taking nothing for granted.
One thing, you won't go through the Championship season with just 3 defeats, it's a fair bit better than L1.
After Saturday, I'll wish you well for every other game bar one but have no doubt this is a tough but absolutely superb league to be in.

fernandopartridge

Certainly not an easy game. The consensus is that you've recruited well and will do the best of the promoted sides.
Do we expect to win? Not a clue as we have no idea how we will go but would like to get off to a good start.
Most are predicting a narrow home win and, if I'm being honest, I would probably agree although I'm taking nothing for granted.
One thing, you won't go through the Championship season with just 3 defeats, it's a fair bit better than L1.
After Saturday, I'll wish you well for every other game bar one but have no doubt this is a tough but absolutely superb league to be in.

We'll lose 66% more games this season so say 5.

Users who are viewing this thread