What is going to happen

• Played at the arena

• Played at a neutral venue

• Reversed to Ashton Gate

• Forfeited

Results are only viewable after voting.

alexccfc99

See no option other than to forfeit

I don’t think people quite grasp the logistical issues with just swapping the venue of a football game at short notice

In an ideal world just play it behind closed doors at Nuneaton or something, get it out the way and hopefully they can work a miracle and get the pitch at The CBS ready for the Wigan game - there’s many hurdles to that scenario though

Bugsy

I picked A but B is my second choice the game has got to be played as we need to keep match fitness up....PUSB

SlowerThanPlatt

See no option other than to forfeit

I don’t think people quite grasp the logistical issues with just swapping the venue of a football game at short notice

In an ideal world just play it behind closed doors at Nuneaton or something, get it out the way and hopefully they can work a miracle and get the pitch at The CBS ready for the Wigan game - there’s many hurdles to that scenario though

The ground has to meet these regulations - 5,000 capacity with 2,000 seated which rules out pretty every local non league club unless there is some leeway accepted in circumstances like ours?

Happy_Martian

There is one party that you haven't considered and one I raised in the Arena thread. The West Mids and Cornwall/South West Police forces have a lot of say in when games go ahead. For cup replays, there used to be a 10 day gap to allow the relevant police force to ensure they had enough officers on. We move the game to another ground and the WM Police will have a lot to say about the safety aspects. And same with reversing the fixture, SW Police won't be happy at staffing another game with minimal notice and Brizzle hasn't officially been called off yet.

This one is a bust so we can only hope for the next home game in 10 days time.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

What about at the Higgs? Then its still our hime advantage as such, obviously not everyone can come to watch, but we need to get the game played, potentially those who have payed get free streaming of the game

skyblue1991

Personally I think another game that we had to forfeit will make a stronger case in court for loss of earnings
This

The club will want the game postponed and a bye given to Bristol City to make a stronger court case

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

fatso

There is one party that you haven't considered and one I raised in the Arena thread. The West Mids and Cornwall/South West Police forces have a lot of say in when games go ahead. For cup replays, there used to be a 10 day gap to allow the relevant police force to ensure they had enough officers on. We move the game to another ground and the WM Police will have a lot to say about the safety aspects. And same with reversing the fixture, SW Police won't be happy at staffing another game with minimal notice and Brizzle hasn't officially been called off yet.

This one is a bust so we can only hope for the next home game in 10 days time.
We could just move it to Brizzle and play BCD's.

Nick

Administrator
Play it at Bristol and they should pick me up from mine in a Taxi to take me there.

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

Nick

Administrator
Realistically, they need to announce what's going on today.

People will have travel booked from Bristol and city fans making arrangements to get to the game.

Skyblueweeman

Realistically, they need to announce what's going on today.

People will have travel booked from Bristol and city fans making arrangements to get to the game.

I think they will but think there's last minute things to sort out.

Hobo

The first three are not options this week.

Marty

I think it'll be too late to do anything other then forefit.

theferret

I note tickets have been taken off sale this morning. Looking like we forfeit, can't see any other realistic options other than perhaps a switch and play bcd.

Hobo

That's why it doesn't say "what do you think will happen to the Bristol City game this week"

Denser than custard.

Really? Well I very much doubt playing at a neutral venue is even an option.

Ian1779

If we had extreme weather and it had to be postponed we wouldn’t be forced to forfeit. The authorities have deemed the pitch unplayable so I don’t see why this would have to be an outcome? 🤔

SlowerThanPlatt

Just reading their forum. One guy reckons it’s going to be played at neutral venue and only those with pre purchased tickets allowed entry

Sky Blue Harry H

Can't be played at Bristol (due to existing commitment) so now Blues ground being suggested !

Nick

Administrator
I said the game would be on and it wasn't. Big deal. How does it feel being always right about absolutely everything?

Somebody has to do it, don't they? Some of our fans are too busy being deluded.

The trying to mock people who pointed out issues with the pitch was a highlight. "Yeah but I am so proud we are hosting Zambia v Sri Lanka in the Rugby Sevens".

Users who are viewing this thread