Match Thread Bristol City FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 21st Oct (3 Viewers)

CCFC54321

Procdoc….. you’re the big expert remember, you blasted me for saying what you are now …..have you not got the class now to fess up and say you were wrong ?
People keep banging on about that special new midfielder but why don’t we just admit we need another striker as well.
I had the conversation today and it’s clear that based on what were seeing we need another forward in January as godden won’t do a complete season.

shmmeee

MVE twice decided to cross when the goal was at his mercy. Eccles however takes the cake, his corners usually cause more problems for us than the opposition.

It reminds me when Harry Kane was stuck taking them in Euro 2016

Suspicious Excuse Me GIF by Mario + Rabbids

Greggs

"You get nowhere selling your best players every year" No shit. Stop ducking doing it then.

Chris1987

The simply facts are we have signed a couple of forwards who have not shown any signs of justifying the transfer fees paid. We are approaching November and this jelling excuse is wearing thin. Simply put their both been poor signings and that recruitment team will be concerned as Doug will be asking questions before signing anymore cheques.

Regarding today that was an average Bristol side and again we discuss not finishing teams off. I’ll support Mark Robins in any debate but today he got turned over by Pearson.

We have one way of playing and that’s it. In game management needs to improve or it’s a mid table finish im afraid.
Spot on in all aspects. We would have won easily today if the forwards could have finished the chances. Pretty much the story of the season. Robins is incredibly one dimensional which is concerning when the players on the pitch can't successfully win when playing the system. Doug has every right to be concerned

EAst ender

Hey Sky blues.
I thought I would give it some time before posting after today's game.
Yes, we were fortunate to win, no argument there atall. Yes, we are decimated by injuries but we don't do excuses.
As many of your own have already said, put a decent front man in your side and you would have taken home 3 points.
That said, we'll take the win and hope some of our wounded return soon. We had no choice but to play a defensive game today.
Nice football, lack of a cutting edge with all possible respect.
Obviously that is after watching you just the once today.

🔴⚪️

Last edited:

Paxman II

Oh come on. Bristol were at sixes and sevens for 44 minutes. We dominated, played good quick fire football and were giving them a lesson. It just never went in. That's football sometimes. The second half we just lost our way compared to the first. I always thought if we scored the floodgates would open. There were some very good performances today in Sheaf, Sakomotto, Godden, Simms,DaSilva.
It will come....
Faz was off colour today. The first time he has seemed a weak link. Time for Kitching?

Brighton Sky Blue

Hey Sky blues.
Yes, we were fortunate to win, no argument there atall. Yes, we are decimated by injuries but we don't do excuses.
As many of your own have already said, put a decent front man in your side and you would have taken home 3 points.
That said, we'll take the win and hope some of our wounded return soon. We had no choice but to play a defensive game today.

🔴⚪️
That's one of the worst performances I have seen win against us in some time. Congratulations

SkyBlueMatt

I know I'm not on my own here but first half, I thought we were really good. Including Simms. In everything but scoring. They barely came into our half in the first. I know that means nothing if we lose but it shows the potential.

2nd half was f*cking woeful.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

CDK

Countless times we had two men ummarked just outside the box but we continued trying and failing to ping it into the 6 yard box
Our players think because they are huge money strikers for us every ball needs to be played to them,wish we had looked at signings wise at lower league standard whereby the hunger was greater to break there necks to score,as the desire doesn't come over to supporters.
With fadz I'm wondering if it's not time to phase him slowly out in favour of Bink's or kitchen in the centre of the 3 .

Legia Sky Blue

Another opportunity lost. Bristol seemed very poor, as did Cardiff when they beat us, which always makes a defeat a lot harder to take.

Kingokings204

Another opportunity lost. Bristol seemed very poor, as did Cardiff when they beat us, which always makes a defeat a lot harder to take.

these are the worst results for me to take. When you lose to a crap side who have serious injuries and we lose. Not even a draw. We found a way to lose a game that at worst should have been 0-0.

It’s a total and utter joke.

fwiw I think we will be fine but it’s not the point. Robins can talk about performances all he likes but we lost a game we never should have lost. I accept we are a new side but surely we are good enough to put that dog shit away yesterday. It’s simply not good enough.

shmmeee

Hey Sky blues.

🔴⚪️

No that’s pretty much us. First half hour was best we’ve played in a long time but still toothless.

If only we were one of those clubs that can drop £20m on a strike force. Oh… wait…

covcity4life

Every single person even questioning Robin's, f*ck off, then f*ck off again. 'King is running out of patience', don't come again.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
Ya don't get this. The guy always comes up with answers so just have some confidence things will get better.

Also nothing to suggest king would sack him

Way I see it were 4pts off playoffs, getting big players back and slowly improving all the time. We do need a midfielder that can create from deep and strikers need to come good but other than that it's a solid squad and I expect us to be in the playoff mix still. Not bad for year 1 of a rebuild after playoff final loss and selling 2 best players.

Maybe I am just glass half full but I ain't too depressed by yesterday. Let's beat Rotherham on Wednesday and get going again

Last edited:

shmmeee

Thought Simms showed flashes yesterday. The set up for Godden where he took it over one defender was a good sign, he used his strength well a couple of times.

Other than that run and shot against Leicester I’ve not seen similar from Wright. Maybe he really does rely on a deep midfielder putting him through.

andrew.roberts

Shit second half
What a poor poor performance
So wish we could change it up
Every change was like for like no change of formation no thought to changing the way of playing

Sheaf ezcellent
Saka was for a half too
Struggle to score won’t win too many

positives we were great for 30 mins
No offence Pete but your comment is written like one of those poems I was supposed to understand in English literature at school..

Seaside-Skyblue

I highly doubt King is losing patience after 11 games. Think those suggesting it are forgetting this guy made his wealth on investments which over long periods require patience and holding nerves and ups and downs will be seen along the way before an investment bares fruit. King won't be impulsive or reactive and rightly so, things will come good. Trust Robins and the team, they havent let us down yet. 11 games is a drop in the ocean.

Adge

People keep banging on about formations but it doesn't matter what formation you play if your finishings and set pieces are as poor as ours was to day.
Yep-one quality delivery into the box resulting in a goal. Eccles took the majority of our 15 corners…………

Adge

Now that the dust has settled, overall it was a decent away performance but the result was obviously disappointing. It would be worse if we were not creating chances and I still maintain (like others) that Sims et al will come good.
People need to come back down to earth and grasp the idea that this season is/was always going to be a transition and a comfortable mid/top half finish will suffice.
Delusional if people think we can go one better than last season this term.

Greggs

I highly doubt King is losing patience after 11 games. Think those suggesting it are forgetting this guy made his wealth on investments which over long periods require patience and holding nerves and ups and downs will be seen along the way before an investment bares fruit. King won't be impulsive or reactive and rightly so, things will come good. Trust Robins and the team, they havent let us down yet. 11 games is a drop in the ocean.
It's 1/4 of the season

Brighton Sky Blue

Now that the dust has settled, overall it was a decent away performance but the result was obviously disappointing. It would be worse if we were not creating chances and I still maintain (like others) that Sims et al will come good.
People need to come back down to earth and grasp the idea that this season is/was always going to be a transition and a comfortable mid/top half finish will suffice.
Delusional if people think we can go one better than last season this term.
Talk of a top half finish is more delusional in my view.

Tomh111

We have a new starting XI and you can see we are incrementally getting better - we blew them away in the 1st half.

We don't give up many chances and are creating chances, that bodes well.

I was frustrated by the lack of subs yesterday, but honestly when you look at the bench - we have very few difference makers, so I can understand the reluctance to put a youngster on when we are chasing a game.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

We have a new starting XI and you can see we are incrementally getting better - we blew them away in the 1st half.

I was frustrated by the lack of subs yesterday, but honestly when you look at the bench - we have very few difference makers, so I can understand the reluctance to put a youngster on when we are chasing a game.

We did put a youngster on

Grendel

Not giving many chances and conceding the way we are isn’t actually they great in reality

Sky Blue Harry H

Not giving many chances and conceding the way we are isn’t actually they great in reality

However, it leaves me to believe that we will improve. This is probably our most promising back 5 I have seen for a good few years, and all are ours (bar Binks, who I hope we'll sign in the summer). If Fadz leaves and we add one more then we will be set for next season (assuming we don't go up) We'll know where we stand with O'Hare, and will either have him, or the money/wages for his replacement, I'm optimistic that this team will get better, rather than 'crumble', as some posters seem to be suggesting. At the moment, I am less confident that Wright will succeed than Simms, but that's my only real concern about our recruitment,

Tomh111

I believe that is promising because it's fixable.

The basic defensive tactics are working. What's letting us down is lapses in concentration or individual error.

Yesterday was because Thomas gets under the ball trying to head it, and Fadz gets bullied. Even here, we had two men to clear the ball it was individual errors.

South Of The River

Do they have Andy king at centre half???

Yes we did. Which shows you how light we are.

I can’t believe we got anything out of that yesterday, and I don’t mean that to take the piss. You get those games sometimes, I’m sure it’ll fall for you on another occasion like that.

But that was by far our worst performance yesterday. However, do have Wells, Naismith, Atkinson, Knight (did come on but only because he had to!), Vyner, Williams and Tanner missing with injuries.

That was nowhere near our best side and it showed.

Kingokings204

Yes we did. Which shows you how light we are.

I can’t believe we got anything out of that yesterday, and I don’t mean that to take the piss. You get those games sometimes, I’m sure it’ll fall for you on another occasion like that.

But that was by far our worst performance yesterday. However, do have Wells, Naismith, Atkinson, Knight (did come on but only because he had to!), Vyner, Williams and Tanner missing with injuries.

That was nowhere near our best side and it showed.

that makes me feel so much better. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread