Bristol City bringing a big(ish) following down next Saturday (1 Viewer)

Otis

I have to say, your blunt replies with a full stop make me laugh :laugh:

Especially when I flick through SBT at work when having a bad day

Eevry day is a bad day when you're a City supporter.

SkyBlueSid

You can go on about this, that and the other, but it seems a bit more simple to me.
On the whole, the football is crap so most people don't bother anymore. And of those that do bother, a lot are bored by it.

You are quite right. It is like having a restaurant where they get a new chef and the food deteriorates. Word gets around and people stop going. It then takes a lot of work to rebuild the client base because people have been disappointed previously. You can reduce prices to try and tempt people back to give it another try, but if the food is still rubbish they won't bother again. It makes no difference if the place happens to be opposite your house if the fare is unacceptable.

Sky Blue Harry H

Down? Last time I looked, Bristol was south of Cov?:(
images

Have you ever seen a woman with a map ? :)

spider_ricoh

You don't care you've already said you're going to the first wasps game, what a hypocrite after the shit you gave people for going to sixfields

I've heard this argument a few times and it doesn't ring true - the Sixfields boycott was nothing to do with the fact that we were in Northampton per se; it was because fans could see it was being done by SISU to help their land-grab and that SISU were putting this ahead of fans. If we'd had a good reason to be in Northampton, people would have gone. The opposition to Sixfields wasn't based on franchising.

stupot07

I've heard this argument a few times and it doesn't ring true - the Sixfields boycott was nothing to do with the fact that we were in Northampton per se; it was because fans could see it was being done by SISU to help their land-grab and that SISU were putting this ahead of fans. If we'd had a good reason to be in Northampton, people would have gone. The opposition to Sixfields wasn't based on franchising.

it was about being moved out of our community against our wishes, wasps fans are being moved further away from london against their wishes. Funny really, second person in the last 5 minutes to mention the boycott wasnt about "Franchising per se"

i cant wait for the years of league one, or if we're lucky league one-championship yo yo football we have ahead of us.

Last edited:

Hobo

I agree entirely. I always said, if SISU had engaged the fans more and complained about the rent earlier in their tenure more fans would have been on board. Brighton and Bristol Rovers weren't criticised for moving while they pursued new stadiums of their own. SISU moved us to break a contract, distress another company, made false claims about building a new stadium....then to rub salt in they have failed to take advantage of a first option to buy into a stadium that was built for CCFC...Joy the take over expert had 7 years it took Wasps a few months!!!

Gazolba

I'm pretty pessimistic about CCFC these days but I fancy a draw for this one. We seem to be able to up our game for the better teams. Also a win might be possible. Every team has to suffer a defeat eventually and it might as well be against us.

Mr pot

I'm pretty pessimistic about CCFC these days but I fancy a draw for this one. We seem to be able to up our game for the better teams. Also a win might be possible. Every team has to suffer a defeat eventually and it might as well be against us.

Crack been pipe smoking have you what?

Something in that order

pusbccfc

Despite our poor run of form I'm looking forward to Saturday. 3500 away and and a chance (a very little one) of beating top of the league.

Hopefully more than 8000 home fans turn up...

fernandopartridge

Bollocks

shy_tall_knight

That's why I didn't go not because it was in Northampton, travel to Northampton to work every day, didn't go because there was no justification to it and I believed that it was done to distress ACL and now we all know that was the true motive, Northants Sky Blues was a financial disaster and even SISU recognised this, it was always temporary, franchise was never a serious consideration.

SlowerThanPlatt

Definitely a chance of 4,000 away fans on Saturday. Could be pretty embarrassing if we have only 7-8,000 in the home ends.

Sky Blue Harry H

Definitely a chance of 4,000 away fans on Saturday. Could be pretty embarrassing if we have only 7-8,000 in the home ends.

Apart from the fact that Bristol are a relatively big club, why is the home support likely to increase 15-20% from previous games, although I've got a funny feeling we'll get a decent crowd against Plymouth if they keep the prices low again? Agree though, if we don't up our game markedly in terms of performance, it'll sound like a home game for them.:blue::blue: Sorry - haven't attached one of these for a while - makes me feel a bit better!

Last edited:

Evo1883

I envy bristol massively at the moment ,it must be a great feeling knowing they are almost certainly going up this season , our attendances being as low as ive ever known them and club in complete shambles from top to bottom , when are we going to have some luck

I remember us playing Brissle Skitty in the second half of the 70's at Highfield Road. My mates and I had gone up extra early as we were all daft young lads, glad to be allowed out to the footy in our early teens. Rights of passage stuff. In those days the West End was segregated. It was a Bear Pit. Anyway, so early were we that the only other people in the Cov half of the terrace were several Brissle fans - basically an innocent family grouping. They had stumbled by accident into the Cov section. After a teen discussion of limited scope we decided that the decent thing to do was inform them politely of their error and urge them to move across to the appropriate section. They received our gabbled advice in good spirit and duly moved crab-like across the West Terrace. I'd like to believe, with the passing of the hazy hindsight of the ensuing decades, that we did them a favour. For those who are too young to know, the West End (Terrace) in those days was lethal and never ever took prisoners. It used to be absolutely mental.

Gazolba

Could be embarassing for them when we score first and they lose their unbeaten record.

Gazolba

Crack been pipe smoking have you what?

Something in that order

They probably said the same thing about the Crewe supporter who predicted they'd beat us.

Colesy55

Apart from the fact that Bristol are a relatively big club, why is the home support likely to increase 15-20% from previous games, although I've got a funny feeling we'll get a decent crowd against Plymouth if they keep the prices low again? Agree though, if we don't up our game markedly in terms of performance, it'll sound like a home game for them.:blue::blue: Sorry - haven't attached one of these for a while - makes me feel a bit better!
Surely the fact that Bristol City are top of the league would bring with it a greater home attendance ??

pusbccfc

Over 3500 sold from Bristol. 4500 expected.

Never thought we'd end up in the position MK Dons find themselves in when we invade their ground.

How many are we expecting 6500?

Users who are viewing this thread