Bristol City bringing a big(ish) following down next Saturday (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Already sold about 2,000. Probably be given how much they want.

Top of the league and yet to lose this season.

Maybe a home crowd of 12-13,000?

Otis

Maybe less.

Unless something positive comes out in statements from the involved parties in the next 7 days, I think it will be a poor crowd.

stupot07

Maybe less.

Unless something positive comes out in statements from the involved parties in the next 7 days, I think it will be a poor crowd.

Agreed. I can only see the home attendances declining. The wasps debacle has knocked the stuffing out of a lot of fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

The Lurker

Agreed. I can only see the home attendances declining. The wasps debacle has knocked the stuffing out of a lot of fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Lol and moving to sixfields hasn't? We got less on Saturday and more than 7,000 Tuesday night after the news. What a daft comment. Sisu have knocked the stuffing out of the attendances not wasps!

The Lurker

May I add when sisu took over we had average attendance of 17,000 + now we get 7,000. We've lost 10,000 fans since sisu ownership. And your using wasps as an excuse. Makes your comment look even more silly

Nick

Administrator
I wonder how many of the people moaning about us being moved away, it being too expensive etc will go to wasps games instead. Already a few on here saying it.

Can't blame wasps for our crap attendances, the majority of fans need an "occasion" or a "bandwagon".

skybluetony176

How has this thread turned into a Wasps discussion? I think you need to clean it up Nick before we get mistaken for a wasps fan site.

Nick

Administrator
How has this thread turned into a Wasps discussion? I think you need to clean it up Nick before we get mistaken for a wasps fan site.

Might be too late with the city fans who will be going to games and city councillors clambering to get wasps shirts.

letsallsingtogether

FFS Nick give it a rest or are our fans really the worst in the world and only ones who do this.

Getting a bit monotonous now

If people want to go they will go, but with all the bitching from fellow supporters I don't blame them from staying away....

Fuck me you yourself don't go to every game.

I wonder how many of the people moaning about us being moved away, it being too expensive etc will go to wasps games instead. Already a few on here saying it.

Can't blame wasps for our crap attendances, the majority of fans need an "occasion" or a "bandwagon".

stupot07

Lol and moving to sixfields hasn't? We got less on Saturday and more than 7,000 Tuesday night after the news. What a daft comment. Sisu have knocked the stuffing out of the attendances not wasps!

You blame Sixfields yet 27k attended the first game back....the reason we lost 16k in a week - tickets weren't cheap enough.

How much was Tuesday's game again?

Yeah sisu are shit, yeah they have lost attendances but make no mistake, this has knocked the stuffing out of some supporters. Unless by some miracle ccfc get to buy the other 50%, we will well and truly have a glass ceiling hanging over us for a generation

stupot07

May I add when sisu took over we had average attendance of 17,000 + now we get 7,000. We've lost 10,000 fans since sisu ownership. And your using wasps as an excuse. Makes your comment look even more silly

No, I don't think it does. We've had knock back after knock back, who's is just the latest of a long list of then, just because you wish to bury your head doesn't make my comment silly.

italiahorse

What has changed for CCFC ?

Just imagine it's our stadium and turn up and watch the football team. The game will be exactly the same regardless of whats happening behind the scenes.

People really need to move on.

stupot07

What has changed for CCFC ?

Just imagine it's our stadium and turn up and watch the football team. The game will be exactly the same regardless of whats happening behind the scenes.

People really need to move on.

Will you move on from your "anything but PL is unacceptable" stance?

What has changed? The fact that we will likely never own (leasehold) the Ricoh our home, and will be tenants with little/no access to revenue for a lifetime, regardless of who our owners are?

Sisu with be gone at some point, and we'll very likely be confined by a glass ceiling of championship-league one yoyo club with very little revenue. So it's about losing hope even if that's hope that can't be realised for 5-6 years, no hope of owning the ground, little hope of attracting decent owners, little hope of getting back to the premier league I'm the medium or long term future.

You don't care you've already said you're going to the first wasps game, what a hypocrite after the shit you gave people for going to sixfields

Last edited:

Otis

To be fair, Tuesday was only a fiver.

ccfc92

To be fair, Tuesday was only a fiver.

Plus, Crawley only bought 200 or so, out of 7,700, so 7,500 home fans.

Exeter bought nearly 500, out of 7,200, so that's 6,700 home fans.

What angers me most, is those that live in Cov who can afford to go or can due to no work etc, "can't be bothered". I'd love to be 10-20 mins away from the Ricoh like those who "can't be bothered"

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Plus, Crawley only bought 200 or so, out of 7,700, so 7,500 home fans.

Exeter bought nearly 500, out of 7,200, so that's 6,700 home fans.

What angers me most, is those that live in Cov who can afford to go or can due to no work etc, "can't be bothered". I'd love to be 10-20 mins away from the Ricoh like those who "can't be bothered"

Preston charged the same and had half our crowd,in fact we had the highest crowd on tuesday not sure if there were matches on wednesday.

Otis

Fans are a strange breed, that's if you can call some of them fans.

Had 2 guys sat in front of me for the Exeter game. Seemed quite apparent that they weren't regulars, just from their body language.

Guessing they went up because it was a fiver, which is fair enough, but they went down to the mall on 28 mins (yes, the game had been a bit dull up to that point), but they didn't come back until after half-time.

Then on 76 mins they buggered off, either to the mall or maybe home. That was a total of 31 mins of the game they missed. Over a third! Beyond my comprehension, that.

Really get the feeling fans are a different breed these days. Sure, you still get the hard core, but then I think some come along looking for an instant fix and I think their expectations and demands are so much higher and they lack patience too.

Maybe we live in a world with people playing too many video games and having all the entertainment available to you at a touch of a button.

Have noticed with my 10 year old daughter. She just immerses herself in stuff and wants all the entertainment to come to her without her having to do any of the work.

She can be incredibly lazy at times and will play on the Wii lounging on the sofa, barely moving the controller and just clicking away, even in a competitive, sporty game that is supposed to encourage movement.

She loves Minecraft and will play for hours unless I tell her to get off, but worse than that she will just go on Youtube and watch videos of other people playing Minecraft. Not to learn anything in particular, but just to be entertained without her having to put any effort or thought in.

She's a very clever girl, but just wants everything to come to her and doesn't want to put any effort in herself.

I think some people just can't be arsed to get off their backsides and make the effort to go to a game, even though they may be quite keen. Just so much easier to sit on the sofa playing Fifa 15 or Call of Duty or whatever.

It's a different world we live in now. When I was young, if I wasn't out playing football, I was out watching football up the City. The whole day was an adventure, from the getting ready and heading out, to the game itself, to the running home to go and wait for the Pink to be delivered to the local newsagent.

I do think there is a degree of lethargy with some people and surveys say more and more kids aren't going out, or getting any exercise and I just immersed in PS Vita's and Wii's and XBoxes.

As with Gillingham, it seems that some people just came out for the 'event.'

If we were in the Premier there would be a lot more 'events' I guess with Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City and Man U coming to town.

I'm sure there is a degree of 'Oh, it's only Crawley, I won't bother.'

It is really tough and what makes it tougher still is when you are supporting a team that has known pretty much nothing other than decline for 14 years.

As I say, I think you'll always get the hardcore, but convincing others to go up regularly can be a hard task.

Last edited:

Otis

In fairness Otis I know plenty who've watched City through thin and thinner who attend but watch little of the game.

I just don't get that at all.

Some bloke on Tuesday in the adjacent row spent most of the match doing something on his mobile phone, barely even looking up.

Has our attention span got so small these days?

Otis

Some bloke on Tuesday in the adjacent row spent most of the match doing something on his mobile phone, barely even looking up.

Noticed something similar twice at the cinema recently. Mums with kids watching a film and at least 3 mums spent the entire film texting on their phones and never looked up at the screen once.

Whatever happened to a shared experience with your kids?

Lord_Nampil

Win tomorrow, home attence could go up by 3-4k next week! Think if they bring 3k we need to have at least 10k in there think people will go to this, the two home games haven't helped!!!

italiahorse

Noticed something similar twice at the cinema recently. Mums with kids watching a film and at least 3 mums spent the entire film texting on their phones and never looked up at the screen once.

Whatever happened to a shared experience with your kids?

Have you noticed the odd car wavering and when getting past they are updating their status. WTF

Johnnythespider

He was probably posting updates to the match thread on here

ccfc92

Preston charged the same and had half our crowd,in fact we had the highest crowd on tuesday not sure if there were matches on wednesday.

Yeah I know, not knocking how good a gate it was :)

The "can't be bothered" I was aiming at, is those that live in Cov, can afford to go, have free time, and still don't go.

If Exeter was to cost me £5 plus bus/petrol, plus some beer money, so say £30, I'd love that :) unfortunately, it would of cost my standard home game cost of £100+ :)

Last edited:

ccfc92

:claping hands:

but in fairness to Otis, I see what he's getting at. Personally, I'm always on my phone. But at a match, I only really check it at HT for other scores/bets.

Although I was on it a lot after going 0-2 down to PNE the other week :(

Otis

The guy must have had a sixth sense then. How you can post updates about a game you're not even watching, I just don't know!

Maybe these sorts of people are the ones saying Conor Thomas can't pass.

Otis

:claping hands:

but in fairness to Otis, I see what he's getting at. Personally, I'm always on my phone. But at a match, I only really check it at HT for other scores/bets.

Although I was on it a lot after going 0-2 down to PNE the other week :(

Think I did to. Think I came on here to say how dire it all was. With the first corner not coming until the 88th minute I'm sure you didn't miss much.

You can go on about this, that and the other, but it seems a bit more simple to me.
On the whole, the football is crap so most people don't bother anymore. And of those that do bother, a lot are bored by it.

ccfc92

Think I did to. Think I came on here to say how dire it all was. With the first corner not coming until the 88th minute I'm sure you didn't miss much.

I miss the amount I spent going up to Cov to watch the game :D

Oh well, another time I'll go up and we hammer a team. Swings and roundabouts :)

Users who are viewing this thread