#BringCityHome up for another award (3 Viewers)

covcity4life

i cannot imagine wasps giving us a good deal if we are in championship in a year or so

chiefdave

i cannot imagine wasps giving us a good deal if we are in championship in a year or so

Don't worry, Ann has made sure it will all be OK

ITV said:
The sale guarantees Coventry City Football Club’s continuing tenancy at the stadium, with primacy over match fixtures.
Leader of the Council, Cllr Ann Lucas said: “The decision about the Ricoh Arena’s future has been made with the interest of Coventry taxpayers and communities at its heart.
“This deal would not have happened if it threatened the future of the Sky Blues or Coventry Rugby Club."

Something happened behind the scenes for sure. There's no way SISU paid for a new pitch at Sixfields and sold cut price season tickets if they had any intention of returning yet after a couple of games we were back.
There's a theory our end that the new pitch was compensation for getting out of the rental contract early.

By the way, since you left sixfields the £12m redevelopment has hardly progressed and Cardoza is blanking a series of questions put out by the supporters trust asking him about the lack of progress, sudden attempted sale of the club and his apparent links to the company that made a mess of the new stand. And the local paper? Not a whisper, just a mouthpiece that publishes his press releases.

Compared to the northampton chronicle and echo, simon and the coventry telegraph team are like robert redford in all the president's men.

skybluetony176

There's a theory our end that the new pitch was compensation for getting out of the rental contract early.

By the way, since you left sixfields the £12m redevelopment has hardly progressed and Cardoza is blanking a series of questions put out by the supporters trust asking him about the lack of progress, sudden attempted sale of the club and his apparent links to the company that made a mess of the new stand. And the local paper? Not a whisper, just a mouthpiece that publishes his press releases.

Compared to the northampton chronicle and echo, simon and the coventry telegraph team are like robert redford in all the president's men.

Isn't the funding for the new stand coming from a council loan?

Godiva

The Trust's marches, which were fantastic events btw, were noting to do with the Telegraph. Our only involvement was to help publicise them. We've never tried to claim credit for them.

#BringCityHome was a very separate campaign which sought to put pressure on all of the parties involved in the fiasco.

Having said that, we always considered #BringCityHome to be 'fan-led' and any praise, awards, recognition or success the campaign achieved should absolutely be shared with the supporters who backed the campaign.

This was, and always will be, their campaign and their victory.

(I'm not sharing the other awards if I win though ;))

I would also completely accept that the campaign should have started sooner.

But the timing did allow us to target that crucial Football League meeting. I have no doubt at all that this interview played a huge part in the Football League's appetite to finally address the situation http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/sky-blues-situation-could-force-7445318

It's all very good you being nominated for awards, and it's great you recognize the fans participation.

Now the club is 'home' and need supporters through the gates to allow the new manager a decent budget.
How about you start a campaign to support that?

Just an idea ...

Users who are viewing this thread