#BringCityHome up for another award (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Simon, I think you'll be pipped at the post for the Welcome To Wasps award. Italia and the SBT will be fighting over that. They couldn't have done it without your help though.

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
Well within your rights to be negative. I just thought the fans involved deserved a pat on the back.

Personally, I think the campaign showed the underlying passion that's in the city for our football club and what can be achieved when fans unite.

ajsccfc

I was on the march so if it wins I want a personal shout-out in the acceptance speech. These are my demands, you have 48 hours.

torchomatic

I think someone has just knocked the lid off that can of worms. But yes Simon, you're right.

eastwoodsdustman

Fastest to disappear award by any chance? I think the blue bits of bin liner hung around more than the 'fans' who demanded the return of the club:claping hands:

Hobo

Well within your rights to be negative. I just thought the fans involved deserved a pat on the back.

Personally, I think the campaign showed the underlying passion that's in the city for our football club and what can be achieved when fans unite.

Some people on here don't like to be positive about our fans.....they prefer to be negative about the glory hunters who have chosen to follow a club who has hardly ever seen glory (strange).

chiefdave

Found a picture of the trophy you could win:
lincat-tea-urns.jpg

Personally I thought the campaign was excellent. Sure you could make an argument for starting it earlier but equally the CT could have never bothered with any campaign.

The only criticism I have is that having run that campaign it was a bit odd to see the CT get over-excited and give full support to Wasps move.

jimmyhillsfanclub

View attachment 4491

Personally I thought the campaign was excellent. Sure you could make an argument for starting it earlier but equally the CT could have never bothered with any campaign.

The only criticism I have is that having run that campaign it was a bit odd to see the CT get over-excited and give full support to Wasps move.

You certainly could.....From what I recall, we were told of the move to Northants in summer 2013......the "campaign" started in July 2014.......if they'd left it another few weeks, they could have saved on the van rental!

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy

jimmyhillsfanclub

skybluetony176

View attachment 4491

Are you only expecting a runners up place? Surely that should be gold otherwise :)

Sick Boy

The Telegraph joined the campaign very late and are taking advantage to claim that they had anything to do with it.

Just a chance to get a bit of publicity by taking advantage of the club's situation. A rag of a paper.

It's a shame they didn't raise more questions about a franchise moving to the city away from their fans. Instead they actively promote them. What a joke.

Nick

Administrator
Personally, I think the award should go to the organisers of the march as it seemed at the time like the Telegraph jumped onto that when it got popular.

Sick Boy

Personally, I think the award should go to the organisers of the march as it seemed at the time like the Telegraph jumped onto that when it got popular.

Exactly! I fully agree and have the exact same impression. The Telegraph simply jumped on the bandwagon. It was bad the didn't get do something meaningful earlier.

Nick

Administrator
It was the trust people and other organisers doing the hard work with the march and made it as popular as it was, people who stewarded it and contacted the museum for the bus etc.

Wasnt the campaign started literally just before the march?

SkyBlue_Bear83

It was the trust people and other organisers doing the hard work with the march and made it as popular as it was, people who stewarded it and contacted the museum for the bus etc.

Wasnt the campaign started literally just before the march?
Yea the march was organised in May 2014 to take place on 12th July 2014, the telegraphs campaign began on 7th July.

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
The Trust's marches, which were fantastic events btw, were noting to do with the Telegraph. Our only involvement was to help publicise them. We've never tried to claim credit for them.

#BringCityHome was a very separate campaign which sought to put pressure on all of the parties involved in the fiasco.

Having said that, we always considered #BringCityHome to be 'fan-led' and any praise, awards, recognition or success the campaign achieved should absolutely be shared with the supporters who backed the campaign.

This was, and always will be, their campaign and their victory.

(I'm not sharing the other awards if I win though ;))

I would also completely accept that the campaign should have started sooner.

But the timing did allow us to target that crucial Football League meeting. I have no doubt at all that this interview played a huge part in the Football League's appetite to finally address the situation http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/sky-blues-situation-could-force-7445318

Nick

Administrator
The Trust's marches, which were fantastic events btw, were noting to do with the Telegraph. Our only involvement was to help publicise them. We've never tried to claim credit for them.

#BringCityHome was a very separate campaign which sought to put pressure on all of the parties involved in the fiasco.

Having said that, we always considered #BringCityHome to be 'fan-led' and any praise, awards, recognition or success the campaign achieved should absolutely be shared with the supporters who backed the campaign.

This was, and always will be, their campaign and their victory.

(I'm not sharing the other awards if I win though ;))

I would also completely accept that the campaign should have started sooner.

But the timing did allow us to target that crucial Football League meeting. I have no doubt at all that this interview played a huge part in the Football League's appetite to finally address the situation http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/sky-blues-situation-could-force-7445318

Did the Football League force us back to Coventry?

chiefdave

Did the Football League force us back to Coventry?

Something happened behind the scenes for sure. There's no way SISU paid for a new pitch at Sixfields and sold cut price season tickets if they had any intention of returning yet after a couple of games we were back.

Did the FL put pressure on them, was it linked to the Wasps deal or something else? We'll probably never know.

Nick

Administrator
Something happened behind the scenes for sure. There's no way SISU paid for a new pitch at Sixfields and sold cut price season tickets if they had any intention of returning yet after a couple of games we were back.

Did the FL put pressure on them, was it linked to the Wasps deal or something else? We'll probably never know.

Yep, the move back was rushed and not planned at all.

AndreasB

What has been achieved then Simon? Nothing.

italiahorse

IMHO I think SISU got word of the Wasps deal and thought that the club might be left out in Northampton if they didn't get back.
If true we can thank Sisu for that.

jimmyhillsfanclub

IMHO I think SISU got word of the Wasps deal and thought that the club might be left out in Northampton if they didn't get back.

IMHO you've got that a little bit arse-about-face.....

IMHO I reckon a condition of sale to wasps was them having City at the Ricoh as a key tenant to help smooth the waters....both in a financial & PR sense......but chiefdave is right...we'll probably never know.

italiahorse

IMHO you've got that a little bit arse-about-face.....

IMHO I reckon a condition of sale to wasps was them having City at the Ricoh as a key tenant to help smooth the waters....both in a financial & PR sense......but chiefdave is right...we'll probably never know.

I was told first hand that the deal was done before they took over and they had no involvement in it.
You might be right though !!

chiefdave

I reckon a condition of sale to wasps was them having City at the Ricoh as a key tenant to help smooth the waters....both in a financial & PR sense

My opinion is it was a PR move for CCC & Wasps more than anything else. Sell with us playing at Sixfields and I suspect there would have been a lot more criticism.

The fact that we were back at the Ricoh meant there was little resistance with people preferring, rightly or wrongly, to blame SISU for not buying ACL before it was sold to Wasps.

Monners

Don't see the point in raking over old coals to be honest. Don't see the point in belated, meaningless, self congratulatory awards either. None of it helps the Club

skybluetony176

My opinion is it was a PR move for CCC & Wasps more than anything else. Sell with us playing at Sixfields and I suspect there would have been a lot more criticism.

The fact that we were back at the Ricoh meant there was little resistance with people preferring, rightly or wrongly, to blame SISU for not buying ACL before it was sold to Wasps.

I tend to think the opposite if anything. If we were still at Sixfields with TF still stating we have moved on blah blah blah! The owners will furnd the loss blah blah blah! We're building anew blah blah blah! Selling to the Wasps would have been much less damaging for the council. Especially given the we need to build trust blah blah blah statements from councillors after the return.

I'm affraid the only logical explination why we came back was because Tim got his sums wrong and as it turned out SISU's investors were not willing to finance what the losses actually turned out to be.

torchomatic

I doubt that as CCC were still talking about CCFC ownership in the future. You know after "bridges had been built" and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread