Bring Lee Clark in now (1 Viewer)

Glen

Lets see if we get that magical honeymoon period with a new manager and stay up

Otis

Not going to happen.

If Thorn did step down it would be Lee Carsley.

We could however try lining up Lee Clark for next season if he'll hold on til then.

PVA

That'll be Lee Clark who had the biggest budget in the league and by far the best striker in the league and still couldnt do what was asked of him.

No thanks, I'd rather Sean O'Driscoll or Mark Robins.

Moe-Lask

Lee Clark wouldn't come to cov, if he did i would be very very suprised. I rate him, but with the money and the budget he had at huddersfield and only getting them up to 4th i think he'd struggle with no money and no budget a Cov.

Otis

That'll be Lee Clark who had the biggest budget in the league and by far the best striker in the league and still couldnt do what was asked of him.

No thanks, I'd rather Sean O'Driscoll or Mark Robins.

No, that'd be Lee Clark who also only lost two home league games in the 2008–09 season. The Lee Clark who in his second season in charge helped Huddersfield to secure a play-off spot.

The Lee Clark who in the 2010–11 season, guided Huddersfield to a third-placed finish in the league, earning them a place in the Play-Offs after a club-record 25-game unbeaten run in the league. They reached the final.

The Lee Clark whose Huddersfield continued breaking records in 2011–12 season when they had an unbeaten run of 43 games, the second longest domestic league unbeaten run in English football history.

The Lee Clark who was sacked as manager of Huddersfield on 15 February 2012 despite his team sitting fourth in the table having lost just three of their last 55 league matches

The Lee Clark who had a managerial win ratio of 48.88%.

That Lee Clark.

Last edited:

skyblue_rich

Lee Clark made Huddersfield have the highest wage budget. He wasted money, 400k for Robbie Simpson springs to mind. So why would lee Clark come to club without any money? When he has rejected leicester? If Hoffman buys us we should get tisdale of Exeter in, worked wonder on a budget

PVA

No, that'd be Lee Clark who also only lost two home league games in the 2008–09 season. The Lee Clark who in his second season in charge helped Huddersfield to secure a play-off spot.

The Lee Clark who in the 2010–11 season, guided Huddersfield to a third-placed finish in the league, earning them a place in the Play-Offs after a club-record 25-game unbeaten run in the league. They reached the final.

The Lee Clark whose Huddersfield continued breaking records in 2011–12 season when they had an unbeaten run of 43 games, the second longest domestic league unbeaten run in English football history.

The Lee Clark who was sacked as manager of Huddersfield on 15 February 2012 despite his team sitting fourth in the table having lost just three of their last 55 league matches

That Lee Clark.

Yes that one.

I'm not saying he's a shit manager, although I do think he's very overrated. But he failed his objective with the biggest budget in the league, how do you think Jed get on with the lowest budget in the league? Not great imo.

That's why I'd rather O'Driscoll.

Otis

Yes that one.

I'm not saying he's a shit manager, although I do think he's very overrated. But he failed his objective with the biggest budget in the league, how do you think Jed get on with the lowest budget in the league? Not great imo.

That's why I'd rather O'Driscoll.

But you give any manager a big budget and he'd spend it wouldn't he. You can't blame him for having money and that also doesn't mean he couldn't work with no budget.

Even with that budget he had, he had a win ratio of 48.88% and all managers spend some unwisely. Considering the budget Thorn had to word with, comparitively, you could say he made a massive blunder in bringing Cody McDonald here.

Tonylinc

I think we have to play it safe here. Next season we will be in League 1, hopefully, with new owners. We will effectively be starting again. We ought to appiont a proven Manager who is able to work within a budget and get the very best out of the team within that budget. Risky new appointments can come later. I think Thorn will remain in charge till the summer when new owners come in and will appoint their own man. To sack Thorn now makes no sense. We cannot aviod relegation and to tar the new man with that stain will do neither him nor the team any good whatsoever.

Otis

We can avoid relegation though Tony.

Tis definitely possible.

Just not so with Thorn in charge ... and that is meaning no disrespect to Thorn, only that we now have a defeatist attitude and mentality away from home and he is obviously very much associated with that.

Very much achievable to stay up, we are indeed only 3 points from safety, but just not so achieavable with things in their current guise.

Tonylinc

We can avoid relegation though Tony.

Tis definitely possible.

Just not so with Thorn in charge ... and that is meaning no disrespect to Thorn, only that we now have a defeatist attitude and mentality away from home and he is obviously very much associated with that.

Very much achievable to stay up, we are indeed only 3 points from safety, but just not so achieavable with things in their current guise.
I very much hope that you are correct my friend. I will not mind one jot being wrong on his one!

BackRoomRummermill

So many decent REAL managers out there.

Lee Clark is a good candidate.

Change it now and we may survive.

To be honest I would take any poster on this site above Thorn at the moment

Marty

Remember he was up against some of the big teams like Norwich, Leicester & Southampton.

If we could bring in Clark i'd take him tomorrow, if the takeover happens and they are willing to throw money at the team, then i'd think he be the best option, might actually have a chance of signing a decent forward for once in Jordan Rhodes. :p

sky_blue_up_north

We can't afford a loan striker let alone another manager

mark82

That Lee Clark.

Biggest budget in League 1. Failed to get promotion 3 years running. That Lee Clark?

mark82

Remember he was up against some of the big teams like Norwich, Leicester & Southampton.

If we could bring in Clark i'd take him tomorrow, if the takeover happens and they are willing to throw money at the team, then i'd think he be the best option, might actually have a chance of signing a decent forward for once in Jordan Rhodes. :p

The bit about signing Jordan Rhodes made me laugh. Not a chance in hell.

covcity4life

grayson,clarke,davies anyone on short term contract if required,lets just try something

thorn at home is ok but away hes dire,thats down to tactics as its still same 11 players just on different turf

we need to change it up

Marty

The bit about signing Jordan Rhodes made me laugh. Not a chance in hell.

well duh, the takeover isn't going to happen either, we have quiet possible the only person poorer then sisu on the planet trying to buy us. :facepalm:

rob9872

A thread by glen and so many of you in agreement with him just shows the desperate time we are having.

Lee Clark - no thanks. Spent loads, won nothing and couldn't take a side with huge finances from a league below to promotion in three attempts. No experience at this level, no proof he could handle a relegation fight, never worked with a small budget, would be unlikely to know how or who our ebst XI is. We don't have time to 'tinker' we need results now.

Plenty of better alternatives for our current plight.

If a change was to happen then it should have been Christmas time. Far too late now imo and we need to not only keep faith with Thorn, but until mathematically sure that we are down, we need to stick together and get behind him.

Otis

Biggest budget in League 1. Failed to get promotion 3 years running. That Lee Clark?

You seem to be talking like getting to the play-offs two years run and going on an unbeaten for 43 games is a bad thing?

Failed to get promoted? Yes. But anyone who watches football with any degree of knowledge knows that when it gets to the play-offs it can just come down to a bit of luck one way or another and rather than 46 games it is just 1 or 2 matches.

Losing in the play-offs two years running is not exactly failure now is it.

Gaz

Losing in the play-offs two years running is not exactly failure now is it.

Well it's not succeeding is it. :D

I do rate Clark though, and would be happy if we got him.

Otis

Well it's not succeeding is it. :D

I do rate Clark though, and would be happy if we got him.

No, it's not, but it is within a whisker. I'm sure either play-off opportunity could have gone either way.

Just finding it strange that we are moaning about a bloke who got a 48.88% win ratio and yet we dream of getting even a 22% win ratio at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread