Bring a scarf 5th Feb (1 Viewer)

Snozzer

I was hoping that not only would it be a great spectacle and good fun to be part of but that it would also encourage the stay away or new fans to either give it a go again or to start to want to regularly come. I'd also like to see it become something we are known for. To bring colour, identity and passion and a symbol of our club to games is surely a positive thing?

Diehard Si

Why don't we all burst into a song of 'You'll Never Walk Alone' while we do it? :whistle:

Only kidding, is a good idea though. I'll have to search mine out tonight, no idea where it is since I moved house 5 years ago! I've got the old one from our days with the flicked paint effect and yellow on the back. So it's quite fitting really.

North York’s Blue

I was hoping that not only would it be a great spectacle and good fun to be part of but that it would also encourage the stay away or new fans to either give it a go again or to start to want to regularly come. I'd also like to see it become something we are known for. To bring colour, identity and passion and a symbol of our club to games is surely a positive thing?

Got to be honest I very rarely wear colours, however I do have a few scarfs knocking around which I will dig out, some of the people I'm coming up with have been asking if I have any spares!

Snozzer

I never wear colours either but just think a scarf is a bit retro and something most of us might already have. Remember nobody needs to do this, it was just an idea that I've had for a while that I thought might suit the occasion. If its not your cup of tea then don't bother, support the club whichever way suits you.

Ashdown1

I didn't take into account prices dropping halfway through the season, my bad. Eitherway the point still stands; of course the club are going to support something which gives them a chance to take money from it's fans.

Clubs need to make hay while the sun shines, may as well take advantage of the 20,000 part timers !

Steve.B50

Am sure CJ will be selling scarves on the night.
Normally stands near Jimmy Hills statue selling the fanzine magazine, nearly always wearing shorts

PS not the CJ from on this frum

ccfchandsy

Can't see why people aren't getting excited about this game it's a great chance to see our beloved sky blues in a final at wembley how can any true sky blue fan not be looking forward to that !!!!!!!!!
I just don't get it
Ill have my scarf with me along with the song where were you when we were shit lol

Steve.B50

With you ccfchandsy.
Lets all enjoy the experience.
The feeling around this City in 1987 was amazing and I for one want that feeling again.
Ok so it's not the FA Cup but its a trophy.
Am 50 and proud of being a Coventry kid.

ccfchandsy

With you ccfchandsy.
Lets all enjoy the experience.
The feeling around this City in 1987 was amazing and I for one want that feeling again.
Ok so it's not the FA Cup but its a trophy.
Am 50 and proud of being a Coventry kid.
Absolutely mate I'm loving being proud of our team again I can just about remember 87 I was 7yrs old
Also the 5th is my bday too so I'm hoping for a big win too

Waldorf

Reasonably long-standing ST holders will have one of those free ones sent out a few years ago. Will that do for us cheapskates?

oakey

Call yourself a football fan and don't have a scarf in club colours? Whatever next?
A fan without a scarf is like a fireman without a helmet!

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Just dug out my old Cov scarf from the loft. Prob hasn't seen daylight for 20 years.

Anyone have any luck getting club/CET behind this campaign?

ohitsaidwalker king power

hutch1972

We have never been a club who hold scarves aloft as one but the thought of 30000+ cov fans together is a fantastic thought . Please though lets not have any rendition of "youll never walk alone" that would be too much. One things for certain, it will make a heart warming photo for the papers.

olderskyblue

Hmm! strange thought

But I'm renaming it my 'Ian Wallace' scarf because 1/ He'll be there at the Crewe game & 2/ he was there in the 70's at the same time as Willie

Reference 2, You sure? I thought Carr had gone before Wallace joined.

ohitsaidwalker king power

We have never been a club who hold scarves aloft as one but the thought of 30000+ cov fans together is a fantastic thought . Please though lets not have any rendition of "youll never walk alone" that would be too much. One things for certain, it will make a heart warming photo for the papers.

agreed...Hold scarves up and sing the Sky Blue song....

Snozz_is_god

Reference 2, You sure? I thought Carr had gone before Wallace joined.

Yea you're right, memory going awol.

Mind you I still had the same scalf, I even took it to the cup final in 87.

The misses has just washed it ready for Tuesday.

I also have red away CCFC silk scalf (well not really silk), remember them?

Last edited:

hutch1972

Hmm! strange thought

But I'm renaming it my 'Ian Wallace' scarf because 1/ He'll be there at the Crewe game & 2/ he was there in the 70's at the same time as Willie

Anyone out there got the old scarf with the slogan "wonder of wallace" after the old "wonder of woolies advert.

deanocity3

The club's legends bar has my printed silk one which has pictures of players on it.era 1975-76.
All of mine were on show at the transport museum a few years back at a exhibition on disabled transport,they made a highfield road set with the old sky blue disabled cars from 1960's and 70's they put my scarves round cardboard cut outs of fans that they made.
Some pics of it on the net somewhere

speedie87

I think it would be good if they could play the old school version of the sky blue song, (dodgy organ one) and we could do the scarf thing and sing the sky blue song to that.

Users who are viewing this thread