Brights contract cancelled (2 Viewers)

duffer

Worth a punt, there was obviously a good player in there somewhere.

I can't wish the bloke ill, I doubt he's taken us for millions. I hope he gets himself sorted out and makes a life for himself even if it's not in football. He might well be better off outside the pressures of the game, who knows.

harvey098

Can see why we took the gamble. Many Cov players described him as the most talented player they had played with and we needed a cheap cam option. Robins got the best out of him last time round but clearly his heads not on. Hope he sorts out his personal battles but right decision not to carry anyone.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Good riddance and about time too.

Evo1883

Needs to work on himself , he's had the opportunity that millions of children around the world will never get , to be a professional footballer .. it's a real shame he cannot see the rare gift that's infront of him .

Never mind , I'm glad we've got rid

Gint11

We need no10 cover then to help O Hare. We only have Allen or Jones.

That should be our aim in January.
I can see why Robins took a punt on a Bright. Sometimes maverick style players find a club home and flourish. Good business from the club in that they didn’t offer him silly terms and could get out of it. Obvious thing to do but not always done.

We move on.
By the way, has it ever been confirmed he has mental health issues?

SlowerThanPlatt

We need no10 cover then to help O Hare. We only have Allen or Jones.

That should be our aim in January.
I can see why Robins took a punt on a Bright. Sometimes maverick style players find a club home and flourish. Good business from the club in that they didn’t offer him silly terms and could get out of it. Obvious thing to do but not always done.

We move on.
By the way, has it ever been confirmed he has mental health issues?

No it hasn’t, his actions doesn’t seem that of a healthy person. Equally though he could just be a wanker who has no respect for anyone.

Dickie

Some players just don't actually enjoy playing football, despite being incredibly talented. Definitely seems to be the case with Bright.

He would have been on low wages and/or a heavily incentivised deal so I don't think we've lost out on much.

Not saying they’re the same, but wasn’t it Ashley Cole who said he hated football? He only did it because he was good at it. Maybe Bright just can’t be arsed to raise the motivation?

SkyblueTexan

Disappointed this didn't work out, but guess it allows us to cut our losses and move on. Cover for O'Hare has to be among our priorities for the Jan window I suppose.

NorthernWisdom

Not saying they’re the same, but wasn’t it Ashley Cole who said he hated football? He only did it because he was good at it. Maybe Bright just can’t be arsed to raise the motivation?
I'd suggest the issue is his technical ability has been good enough that he could reach a certain level without particularly having to try. Problem is, from that point on if he wanted to kick on, he needed to start trying, but probably doesn't know how to. The cash coming in regardless won't have motivated him either.

steve cooper

Signed 14th July, terminated 14 weeks later. Sounds to me like 3 months probation plus 2 weeks to arrange the required meeting with the required people in attendance, as thought by some of us.

torchomatic

I'll get on with starting a Carl Baker and Eric Black thread then.

covcity4life

A shame as talented player and I would like more final third options

However positive that he's gone and it's not gonna drag on. Hopefully we can bring someone in January now. Someone with a brain this time

torchomatic

Probably cost us very little, so we were right to take a chance on him. It's not CCFC who have lost out on this one.

no_loyalty

He will probably go back to India, if not his career as a footballer will probably be over.

torchomatic

What a waste of talent. Talking of waste of talent, wonder what Kevin Thornton does now?

Evo1883

Robins when bright tried to say he'd caught covid for the 5th time but was spotted doing a modelling shoot for Lonsdale at sport and soccer
giphy.gif

lacesoutdom

Just out of interest, cancelled a players contract, would that mean that there would be a figure negotiated for him to leave his contract? as i guess he could have just rotted in the bomb squad for two years?

lord_garrincha

RIGHT... CAN WE NOT SIGN EX-LOANEES WITH BAGGAGE THE SIZE OF HEATHROW AIRPORT EVER, EVER AGAIN!!!

Away from that, who would you like to see come in January. How about bringing Luke Thomas back?

Users who are viewing this thread