Bright and Robins (2 Viewers)

clint van damme

Stop getting your knickers on a twist . You are angling for an argument

I just saying thread would be going crazy if this saga happened ubder mowbray, more so than any other manager we have had.

I'm not one bit bothered by this. I just think your point is very strange.
Why bring Mowbray up at all? It's like your obsessed!

covcity4life

Already said why. Had a relevant link to his tenure. If I brought it up randomly I could understand but I have explained it so with each reply you out yourself as obsessive hater.

SBT

It's actually a very un-Robins like signing!

Robins has signed plenty of problematic players - sometimes they fail miserably (Kastaneer, Bright), sometimes they work out (JCH, Leon Clarke, and uhhh Bright).

I think when you’re recruiting from a pool of people who are by and large total headcases, managers have to take a risk on players who might upset the dressing room. It just comes with the territory. Think Robins has a decent record in this respect.

Briles

It was a risk worth taking in my eyes, I wouldn't be surprised if he had an incentivised salary (which he obviously isn't using)

slowpoke

We perhaps should be grateful for small mercyies when we were chasing him a couple of summers ago it was stated we offered £600k not sure how true that was but Bright decided to stay at Wolves for another year he had extended his contract for a year I guess on a decent screw, a lot more than we would have paid him. Fat weekly pay packets obviously don’t help his character. Financially for our club a lucky escape.

clint van damme

Robins has signed plenty of problematic players - sometimes they fail miserably (Kastaneer, Bright), sometimes they work out (JCH, Leon Clarke, and uhhh Bright).

I think when you’re recruiting from a pool of people who are by and large total headcases, managers have to take a risk on players who might upset the dressing room. It just comes with the territory. Think Robins has a decent record in this respect.

Totally agree. This story isn't unique to CCFC and Robins. Could have had a gem on the cheap, kid didn't want to know, get rid and move on.

Liquid Gold

You know on football manager every time a player misses training you can fine them 2 weeks wages.

Can’t we just do that to Bright every day?

higgs

We perhaps should be grateful for small mercyies when we were chasing him a couple of summers ago it was stated we offered £600k not sure how true that was but Bright decided to stay at Wolves for another year he had extended his contract for a year I guess on a decent screw, a lot more than we would have paid him. Fat weekly pay packets obviously don’t help his character. Financially for our club a lucky escape.
Lucky escape alright

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Who were they sb?
I can't remember any abuse on this thread maybe some strong statements /opinions to both perspectives on the deal?
Yeh don't think anyone abused anyone who doubted bright. Just said wait and see for more info to come to light

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

If I didn't turn up for work, I would be given 3 warnings and if it happens again I would be sacked.

stay_up_skyblues

Reminds me of a lad I used to work with. 15 odd years ago now. Went off sick with debilitating burns to his legs and back as he “accidentally put bleach in the bath instead of Radox”. Got tagged in a Facebook pic where he was hanging off the pole in Yates’ on a Thursday night smack bang in the middle off his sick note. We did laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread