Bright and Robins (1 Viewer)

Bugsy

Think this threads going to end up in the hall of Fame 😆

.....PUSB

Legia Sky Blue

We offered a contact and he chose to go elsewhere.

That is missing out mate.

By the terms you set out, it's only missing out if we had agreed to play him ahead of O'Hare. Just because Paterson had a good game against Cardiff I'm glad we didn't take that option. I'm even happier that in the Summer 'Cov lad' love in many had on here, that we didn't sign James Collins either.

better days

And does Better Days know this as fact?
Better Days? .....
I doubt that Bright's contract has been ripped up
Only a foolish employer would do that as there will always be a process to follow whatever offence(s) the employee has committed
Even someone like Mendy at Man City who is remanded in custody on serious criminal charges will still be contracted right up to the point he's found guilty
If Mendy is found not guilty Man City will almost certainly have to take him back for the rest of his contract even though he's been unavailable for selection

I'd rather not go into detail about Bright but I've only been hearing bad things about this lad and it hasn't been improving

A club can't put up with repeated disruptive behaviour as it has the potential to destroy the atmosphere in the group as a whole
It's the last thing we need when things have generally been going so well
It's sad really as the lad has ability

There is talk in India of the club he played for there coming back in for him in January
The club has re-entered the league and has been recruiting players and a local media outlet speculated that they would be interested in bringing Bright back

Last edited:

shmmeee

Only a foolish employer would do that as there will always be a process to follow whatever offence(s) the employee has committed
Even someone like Mendy at Man City who is remanded in custody on serious criminal charges will still be contracted right up to the point he's found guilty
If Mendy is found not guilty Man City will almost certainly have to take him back for the rest of his contract even though he's been unavailable for selection

I'd rather not go into detail about Bright but I've only been hearing bad things about this lad and it hasn't been improving

A club can't put up with repeated disruptive behaviour as it has the potential to destroy the whole atmosphere in the group as a whole

There is talk in India of the club he played for there coming back in for him in January
The club has re-entered the league and has been recruiting players and a local media outlet speculated that they would be interested in bringing Bright back

Best thing for everyone that. He can go play in a pub league and be revered on probably a decent wage and we can go find a replacement in the loan market in Jan.

Samo

A club can't put up with repeated disruptive behaviour as it has the potential to destroy the atmosphere in the group as a whole

But do you KNOW that he is currently AWOL?

Samo

Yes he is absent
He was due to play in the Birmingham Senior Cup game but I believe he hasn't been in since then
Only the club management will know the full details

Fair enough... Let the debate continue! :ROFLMAO:

SlowerThanPlatt

Yes he is absent
He was due to play in the Birmingham Senior Cup game but I believe he hasn't been in since then

So the same thing as a month ago then. Plays a couple of games and goes missing

Manager Mark Robins said: “He’s training and playing and he’s got to get into a rhythm.

“That rhythm keeps getting broken, whether that’s been because of illness, injury or whatever.

Samo

Well considering he didn’t play in the Senior Cup game and didn’t play today then there’s a good chance he’s AWOL

Could have been injured, could have had COVID but Better Days has now confirmed that he is AWOL, so that's that!

Brighton Sky Blue

Could have been injured, could have had COVID but Better Days has now confirmed that he is AWOL, so that's that!

Well consider that Hilssner and Jobello both showed up and have still been training despite knowing they’re unwanted, and compare to Bright who has just signed but is doing less.

If I had to guess deep down this comes down to insecurity over not being good enough to just wing it. With his kind of bravado the confidence is often wafer thin

skybluesam66

re Mendy there are grounds for dismissal based upon bringing your employer into disrepute - even if found not guilty. As its Man city - they will probably just negotiate a pay off to keep it simple

ExmouthNeil

Yes he is absent

What makes this situation even more annoying is that he clearly has talent but can't be arsed. He should look at Jodie Jones who's battling to resurrect his career after 3 devastating injuries.

Football doesn't owe him a career he should want to earn it and all the good stuff that goes with it....

Grendel

What makes this situation even more annoying is that he clearly has talent but can't be arsed. He should look at Jodie Jones who's battling to resurrect his career after 3 devastating injuries.

Football doesn't owe him a career he should want to earn it and all the good stuff that goes with it....

He doesn’t clearly have talent - he’s a poor mans Kevin Thornton he’s shite

Littlewood CCFC

He doesn’t clearly have talent - he’s a poor mans Kevin Thornton he’s shite

He's actually a really talented young man and technically one of the better players ive seen play for cov over the years. Just a shame that's only 50% of what's required, his attitude is clearly terrible. I Went to Blackburn Saturday and overheard someone say Bright is one of the 4 players who caught Covid but could be bullshit. To be honest he's had enough chances now, id be looking to get rid January but who would take him?

stay_up_skyblues

Thought he had talent in League 1 but showed little intelligence in his play which would make me think he could be a success higher up

Quite. Handful of “maverick” like performances that showed a bit of promise. Also a handful of games where he was non-existent. Even on form there was no discipline in his game and he could quite easily be anonymous at this level. I see why we signed him as a gamble but if (as is looking more and more certain) he ends up on the football scrap heap you can’t confidently say he wasted obvious talent ala Saido Berahino. At the moment he’s in the Nile Ranger category.

Edit: to be fair to Bright Ranger is a bit of an unfair comparison given the latter’s criminal exploits. But in terms of commitment and (not, allegedly) turning up there are similarities.

Skybluebeliever

Yes he is absent
Yes he is absent , hasn’t been seen for a while , he just made it last time he was missing and was asked to provide evidence for the reason he gave

Grendel

Liquid Gold

There are people that want to right him off but there are people that defend him no matter what.

When Robins said about Hiwula "he would probably injure himself falling over his own feet" there wasn't 36 pages of people saying "we'll see how it goes". People said Robins is a difficult manager to please (which I think is fair) and said if Hiwula doesn't put the effort in then he won't feature he didn't and didn't.

MR makes some disparaging comments about Bright and SBT goes:

1634578437216.png

Users who are viewing this thread