Bright and Robins (2 Viewers)

SkyBlueGuy

Low risk high reward really.

Does feel a little like we relied on him as cover for O’Hare though which seems like poor squad planning as it was always likely he’d do this.

I'd say we have a couple who can play there now. Obviously Allen has shown he can actually perform at this level now, which is a real bonus (as I know a lot of us had almost written him off). But we also have the possibility of Waghorn, Jones, Shipley (although I'm not convinced he's good enough) and even Hamer, who I think might actually do quite well there.

Given that O'Hare is one of the first name on the team sheet, it would be tricky to have a genuine quality replacement, as they'd spend a lot of time on the bench (unless he gets injured, but let's hope that doesn't happen!)

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Think Bright is still around and training with the group intermittently
Doubt he will be involved in the U23 game tonight which I believe will be mostly younger players
Is the 'intermittently' because he's been told he can stay and train to keep fit but has been effectively fired or is it because he's injured and is still in our 'future plans' so to speak?

better days

Is the 'intermittently' because he's been told he can stay and train to keep fit but has been effectively fired or is it because he's injured and is still in our 'future plans' so to speak?
I really don't know
Another contributor implied that Bright had been given his marching orders
But I had only heard there was a meeting and hadn't heard the outcome
Maybe the lad will sort himself out and become a model professional

mark82

Whelan had value on the pitch - this guy has zero and a shit load of trouble off it

Bright has talent, I'm just not sure he wants it. Considering he approached us and he had to convince MR that he'd changed his ways it'd be very disappointing if he'd reverted to type so soon. Just hope that the contract was structured in a way that makes it easy for us to get out of if that's what the management team deem the best course of action.

Grendel

Bright has talent, I'm just not sure he wants it. Considering he approached us and he had to convince MR that he'd changed his ways it'd be very disappointing if he'd reverted to type so soon. Just hope that the contract was structured in a way that makes it easy for us to get out of if that's what the management team deem the best course of action.

He has no proven talent at this level - its just smoke and mirrors

mark82

He has no proven talent at this level - its just smoke and mirrors

You're right, he's not proven at this level. I've no doubt if he applied himself he could play at this level at least. The problem is he clearly doesn't apply himself.

chiefdave

You'd hope that the contact was stacked in our favour and appearance based so if he decides to not turn up or not put in the effort we aren't paying him much and can easily get rid.

Obviously we don't know what is going on behind the scenes but it seems he missed a pre-season game as he turned up late and now doesn't even feature in the U23s and only trains intermittently. Doesn't look good. The only real comment we've had from Robins is 'personal issue' which could be anything from he can't be bothered to a genuine issue that he needs time and / or assistance to resolve.

Even if, by some miracle, he does eventually appear in the first team some people are expecting far too much. He was decent for half a season in L1 and has barely played since.

better days

I know- this reads like an obituary to his career, people demanding apologies (?), but I can't see what has actually happened, and yet apparently he's still training with us?

What is actually going on?
Quite a lot of stuff in earlier threads

shmmeee

I'd say we have a couple who can play there now. Obviously Allen has shown he can actually perform at this level now, which is a real bonus (as I know a lot of us had almost written him off). But we also have the possibility of Waghorn, Jones, Shipley (although I'm not convinced he's good enough) and even Hamer, who I think might actually do quite well there.

Given that O'Hare is one of the first name on the team sheet, it would be tricky to have a genuine quality replacement, as they'd spend a lot of time on the bench (unless he gets injured, but let's hope that doesn't happen!)

None of those unlock defences like O’Hare and Bright have the potential to do. Need a bit of magic IMO.

SkyBlueGuy

None of those unlock defences like O’Hare and Bright have the potential to do. Need a bit of magic IMO.

Agreed, but would we have got someone like that (aside from bright obviously) who A) we could afford and B) would be happy sitting on the bench most weeks?

NorthernWisdom

Is it still disgusting to speculate about him and his behaviour now that he's supposedly had a meeting about it with MR?
I suppose tbf you've still added the 'supposedly' in there!

tbh if a couple of the 'sources' didn't come with a prior track record I'd be a lot more disposed to giving the benefit of the doubt, too. It's clear however that 'something' has happened, it's just to what level that 'something' has been really.

Liquid Gold

I suppose tbf you've still added the 'supposedly' in there!

tbh if a couple of the 'sources' didn't come with a prior track record I'd be a lot more disposed to giving the benefit of the doubt, too. It's clear however that 'something' has happened, it's just to what level that 'something' has been really.
clearly ITK sources have indicated something had happened with a player that has well documented attitude problems but sanctimonious pricks were still trying shutting down any talk of it

I don't want to hear any of this "hoping for him to fail" bullshit either. I want all of our players to succeed but I'm pissed off that someone would take the piss out of my football club like that.

Sick Boy

clearly ITK sources have indicated something had happened with a player that has well documented attitude problems but sanctimonious pricks were still trying shutting down any talk of it

I don't want to hear any of this "hoping for him to fail" bullshit either. I want all of our players to succeed but I'm pissed off that someone would take the piss out of my football club like that.
The best bit is that they are all too happy to dish out abuse but then get majorly upset when they're on the receiving end.

Evo1883

course, but 6 goals in L1, hes not played at a higher level than that for what, 2-3 years? hes never going to walk into leading the line here is he. im verrrry happy to be proven wrong tho.

6 goals in 18 games is it ? From attacking midfield that's bloody good

NorthernWisdom

I can see how it possibly goes a bit far with the death of a dad / brother in that even wideboy chancers can have family berievements, and that's a pretty big thing to get wrong if it turns out he was genuinely mourning a family relative.

As I said earlier in that thread though, there was often a cull of grandmothers around coursework deadline time! You still had to treat each case as true until proven otherwise (a few deadlines down the line, when they died again, usually) just in case...

NorthernWisdom

Anyway, personally I reckon that what he probably needs / needed is a season or two at somewhere like Solihull Moors. That'd either allow him to decide he was happy coasting and just relying on his natural ability to pick up pin money, or it'd shake him up to trying harder to get back to where he arguably should be.

Liquid Gold

Anyway, personally I reckon that what he probably needs / needed is a season or two at somewhere like Solihull Moors. That'd either allow him to decide he was happy coasting and just relying on his natural ability to pick up pin money, or it'd shake him up to trying harder to get back to where he arguably should be.
I say he needs to be given a contract with a clause that states he has to live with his mum or something.

Evo1883

We'd look like right mugs if there's no get out clause in that contract of his

Users who are viewing this thread