Brexit Benefits (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Of course it isn't saying everybody has to go and kill animals or lose their benefits. It isn't specific to that one exact job.

However, if nobody wants to go and do the job and Brexit has stopped people from the EU coming to do it then why aren't locals wanting to do it?

Wage
Conditions
etc etc etc

The same goes for any undesirable job.

This I’d agree with. Wages need to rise and conditions need to improve in a lot of these jobs.

chiefdave

This I’d agree with. Wages need to rise and conditions need to improve in a lot of these jobs.
This doesn't seem to happen through. In my industry for over 10 years now all I've heard is there is a shortage of qualified staff yet wages and working conditions are getting worse.

You'd hope that a result of Brexit would be those working in terrible conditions on very low wages would see an improvement but there doesn't really seem to be a plan of action.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

There probably is, you are right. I'd be choosing to do other things.

If it was working in an abattoir or not work at all I'd choose the work.

What if it was work for Wasps or not work at all?

Evo1883

Something that's not been mentioned too much either in regards to HGV driving jobs .

How many people have turned their back on the industry because they changed the tax law and scrapped the ability to be a LTD driver.

A large percentage of drivers through agencies did so because they were basically self employed paying less tax

clint van damme

Do they teach people from the EU butchering as standard at high school then?

What is it? Is it Brexit or is it that people just don't want to do those jobs?

If it's Brexit, how do all of the people from the EU get trained, licensed to come and butcher in the UK?

I wish people like you got as angry about tax evasion as you do about people on benefits. It's almost as if you're being whipped up into a state of anger by the media, ironic.

PVA

Of course it isn't saying everybody has to go and kill animals or lose their benefits. It isn't specific to that one exact job.

However, if nobody wants to go and do the job and Brexit has stopped people from the EU coming to do it then why aren't locals wanting to do it?

Wage
Conditions
etc etc etc

The same goes for any undesirable job.

Because Brits are lazy idlers and prefer a lie-in to hard work.

Marty

This doesn't seem to happen through. In my industry for over 10 years now all I've heard is there is a shortage of qualified staff yet wages and working conditions are getting worse.

You'd hope that a result of Brexit would be those working in terrible conditions on very low wages would see an improvement but there doesn't really seem to be a plan of action.

That's where you're wrong, the plan is to make Brexit as hard as possible that the public just get to the point where we say fuck it and call for a return to the EU. Government/Big business had 4 years of planning to get to this point. could have had an increase in wages, Improve working conditions, put workers through necessary training. etc. Instead they just sat around whinging about the stupid, fat, lazy, gammony, nazi's that voted leave.

skybluetony176

I wish people like you got as angry about tax evasion as you do about people on benefits. It's almost as if you're being whipped up into a state of anger by the media, ironic.
The top five tech companies on their own avoided an estimated £1.3 billion in tax in 2018. Some of who fortunes have improved specifically from the pandemic. Close the loopholes to just them 5 companies and cancel the NI 10% hike.

Also worth pointing out that the UK through it’s overseas territories is the biggest enabler of tax avoidance in the world. We don’t just have it within our gift to help stop tax avoidance in the UK we have the option to close loopholes to the world.

75000 rich, very rich in most cases, individuals in the UK claiming non Dom status to avoid paying tax. An estimated £2Bn a year in lost tax.

Am I right in thinking Non Dom status is unique to the UK? Sure I read that somewhere years ago.

Last edited:

shmmeee

That's where you're wrong, the plan is to make Brexit as hard as possible that the public just get to the point where we say fuck it and call for a return to the EU. Government/Big business had 4 years of planning to get to this point. could have had an increase in wages, Improve working conditions, put workers through necessary training. etc. Instead they just sat around whinging about the stupid, fat, lazy, gammony, nazi's that voted leave.

That would be the government run by the man who lead the Vote Leave campaign that kicked out everyone that wasn’t 100% on board with leaving?

clint van damme

The top five tech companies on their own avoided an estimated £1.3 billion in tax in 2018. Some of who fortunes have improved specifically from the pandemic. Close the loopholes to just them 5 companies and cancel the NI 10% hike.

Also worth pointing out that the UK through it’s overseas territories is the biggest enabler of tax avoidance in the world. We don’t just have it within our gift to help stop tax avoidance in the UK we have the option to close loopholes to the world.

Non dom press barons pay fuck all and try and shine the light elsewhere.

clint van damme

What makes you think the tories would do anything to increase wages for the working man regardless of whether we're in the EU or not?

Grendel

Well we will never return to the EU so people really need to move on from that

Marty

What makes you think the tories would do anything to increase wages for the working man regardless of whether we're in the EU or not?

Simple fact is, companies aren't willing to pay staff what they're worth, if you can't attract people to work for you, because of shit conditions and low pay, you have no one else to blame but yourself. Truckers aren't minimum wage workers, so any increase in NMW wouldn't effect them, doesn't mean they're not criminally underpaid for long unsociable hours in terrible conditions.

clint van damme

Simple fact is, companies aren't willing to pay staff what they're worth, if you can't attract people to work for you, because of shit conditions and low pay, you have no one else to blame but yourself. Truckers aren't minimum wage workers, so any increase in NMW wouldn't effect them, doesn't mean they're not criminally underpaid for long unsociable hours in terrible conditions.

But the tories have been in office for years, why haven't they done anything about it?

I agree about truckers and I'm glad their wages are going up but it's not just about money.
Apparently over night facilities for UK truckers are the worse in Western Europe.

fernandopartridge

But the tories have been in office for years, why haven't they done anything about it?

I agree about truckers and I'm glad their wages are going up but it's not just about money.
Apparently over night facilities for UK truckers are the worse in Western Europe.
It's because the UK leaves absolutely everything to the market, now it finds that the market works both ways

Marty

It's not down to the Government to set the wages of individual firms? If you're offering poor conditions and poor pay to cut chickens up for a living, is it any wonder nobody wants to work for them, isn't that why track workers at JLR earn so much, they need to pay it as it's mind numbing work in poor conditions.

My old man is a tanker driver, so I'm more then aware of the issues they face.

clint van damme

It's not down to the Government to set the wages of individual firms? If you're offering poor conditions and poor pay to cut chickens up for a living, is it any wonder nobody wants to work for them, isn't that why track workers at JLR earn so much, they need to pay it as it's mind numbing work in poor conditions.

The government can increase the minimum wage, they can put improvements in working conditions into law.
They've had long enough, the notion the tories give a fuck about the average working man is laughable.

Grendel

The government can increase the minimum wage, they can put improvements in working conditions into law.
They've had long enough, the notion the tories give a fuck about the average working man is laughable.

Well Eu membership has allowed the rich markets to exploit the poor and suppress wages for poor earners has it not?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It is arguably their job to ensure people aren't exploited, hence the NMW.

But a large number of jobs are above that level and if it's then down to the market if you have jobs you can't fill you've got to offer more money to entice people to do it.

But of course then the businesses owners would accuse people of being greedy and wanting too much :rolleyes:

Marty

Who thinks any politician gives a fuck about the average man in the street? Where's the other options? Labour? Labour have been embarrassing themselves for the best part of a decade. Non of the other contenders are even worth mentioning.

clint van damme

Well Eu membership has allowed the rich markets to exploit the poor and suppress wages for poor earners has it not?

definitely, I've never said anything else, it was still the lesser of two evils. Far less as it's turning out with the current, clowns.

clint van damme

Who thinks any politician gives a fuck about the average man in the street? Where's the other options? Labour? Labour have been embarrassing themselves for the best part of a decade. Non of the other contenders are even worth mentioning.

we can only summise what Labour would be like, we're living with the stark reality of how shit the tories are, of course Labour could quite conceivably be just as bad.

Grendel

definitely, I've never said anything else, it was still the lesser of two evils. Far less as it's turning out with the current, clowns.

So you are happy if the U.K. Germany and France in particular benefit for treating Johnny Foreigner like filth - wow

wingy

It's pathetic, that's what it Is.
We had a shortage of tanket drivers previously between 5-10 years ago,CO2 also a problem 2-3 years ago.
Anyhow I've just put£30 in the tank, usually Forty today Fifty once a week while I'm localish.

wingy

While we're all relishing the uplift in wages , consumption will increase if you can get hold of it, property is through the roof, I'm not sure where it will go in a couple of years,depends if the Monetarist philosophy rears its head.
Financial wizards have lamented negative/flat interest rates , I think that will be rectified but I'd rather taxes take care of dampening things down than interest rates..
It is quite surreal watching/hearing ministers lauding these runaway increases that if a union attempted to garner these rises would be laughed out of town .

Grendel

While we're all relishing the uplift in wages , consumption will increase if you can get hold of it, property is through the roof, I'm not sure where it will go in a couple of years,depends if the Monetarist philosophy rears its head.
Financial wizards have lamented negative/flat interest rates , I think that will be rectified but I'd rather taxes take care of dampening things down than interest rates..
It is quite surreal watching/hearing ministers lauding these runaway increases that if a union attempted to garner these rises would be laughed out of town .

I actually think wages will start to rise and ironically that’s the one thing that will finish the government

clint van damme

I actually think wages will start to rise and ironically that’s the one thing that will finish the government

well I would admit, and have said so regarding lorry drivers, that that is a good thing if it happens across different sectors, but why would it finish the government?

Users who are viewing this thread