Breaking news (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Perhaps the 5 year deal, if true, is ready to go the moment the legal action stops. If the appeal fails a few days before the deadline, no negotiations are needed because they'd already have been done, and it's just a case of announcing it. Doesn't mean any stances have changed, just that a caveated deal is ready to go.
Stances would have changed because they said they wouldn't even discuss it until the legals were dropped.

Brighton Sky Blue

Wasps owe SISU a favour for getting them the ground in the first place. Would like to see CWR ask Eastwood why he's backtracked on saying that the legal action was perfectly legitimate in 2014...

Nick

Administrator
Wasps owe SISU a favour for getting them the ground in the first place. Would like to see CWR ask Eastwood why he's backtracked on saying that the legal action was perfectly legitimate in 2014...
If it's anything like the past couple of interviews I doubt anybody needs to worry about any pressure

skybluesam66

sounded like the interview tomorrow is pre - recorded
Eakin mentioned, it is giving reasons why Wasps are not going to change their stance

Captain Dart

Hopefully, unlike PWKH, they will be challenged on their answers and lack of consistency.
Lol. Get Bob Mills in, his opening statement to Fisher was we can't discuss commercially sensitive matters. Result - no fucking point in interview except to get some listeners to hear a few more adverts while they waited for it.

aloisiwouldhavescored

Wasps aren’t in that strong of a position. On the field, results are getting worse and key players are wanting to leave, things could get worse next season. Off the field, they’re in debt, their losses are increasing and if attendances decrease because the team is doing badly — things could easily take a turn for the worst there. I’m no expert on Wasps or indeed finances as a whole, so my knowledge is pretty limited here.

I’m not so sure Wasps can actually afford to run CCFC out of town.

For anyone interested, this may be a worthwhile read:

What's really going on at Wasps - Rugby Insider
Very interesting read.

clint van damme

giphy.gif

Ferret is a d3cent poster and while I don't know if what he's put up is true I trustcits definitely what he's heard and been posted in good to faith.

cc84cov

Perhaps the 5 year deal, if true, is ready to go the moment the legal action stops. If the appeal fails a few days before the deadline, no negotiations are needed because they'd already have been done, and it's just a case of announcing it. Doesn't mean any stances have changed, just that a caveated deal is ready to go.
Drop court action sign deal then resume court action would be my plan lol

cc84cov

I t
Quite a substantial bond payment is due from them in 2020-the incoming money from the Premiership won't touch the edges.
i think Sisu are holding out for this too maybe hoping wasps end up selling it them cheap once they can’t pay these bonds back

Captain Dart

Quite a substantial bond payment is due from them in 2020-the incoming money from the Premiership won't touch the edges.
Wasps sound more and more like the sort of debt laden company SISU is in the business of acquiring and 'turning round'.

Ps I thought the Wasps bond repayment due date is 2022?

Brighton Sky Blue

I t

i think Sisu are holding out for this too maybe hoping wasps end up selling it them cheap once they can’t pay these bonds back

Maybe, I think I've forgotten what it was like to just be concerned about keepers making insane runs out of the box or strikers missing from point blank every week. In an alternative reality Cov are fighting Liverpool for the title and we bought the Ricoh from Wasps in 2021. Then I had to turn FM off and go outside

Brighton Sky Blue

Wasps sound more and more like the sort of debt laden company SISU is in the business of acquiring and 'turning round'.

Ps I thought the Wasps bond repayment due date is 2022?

Big Derek did just that in 2012. His companies are in Malta and he never says a word in public. Wonder if he's got a blind date with Joy behind closed doors.

Sorry you're right, it is 2022. Don't know why I thought 2020

Captain Dart

Big Derek did just that in 2012. His companies are in Malta and he never says a word in public. Wonder if he's got a blind date with Joy behind closed doors
Tin foil hats on, this is not a drill! :)

Nick

Administrator
Interesting that they at least agree to meet a couple of days after the accounts are filed.

Wonder if they were counting on them not being able to?

chiefdave

Lol. Get Bob Mills in, his opening statement to Fisher was we can't discuss commercially sensitive matters. Result - no fucking point in interview except to get some listeners to hear a few more adverts while they waited for it.
Would expect nothing more from TalkSport. They're not bothered with anything outside the Prem and aren't going to know the ins and outs of our situation. CWR on the other hand should be able to challenge on the relevant points but seem happy to give an easy ride.

Brighton Sky Blue

Please explain what that is?

Basically a longer term investment scheme. Wasps raised £35 million through letting people buy 'bonds' for a minimum of £2k. You get 6.5% of the money invested back per year and the full amount is to be repaid in 2022. The bonds are secured against both Wasps and ACL.

Brighton Sky Blue

Would expect nothing more from TalkSport. They're not bothered with anything outside the Prem and aren't going to know the ins and outs of our situation. CWR on the other hand should be able to challenge on the relevant points but seem happy to give an easy ride.

Too afraid of not getting another interview.

Captain Dart

Trish Adudu, trivial shit is more her home ground. My evidence.
Trish Adudu meets Barnaby Hughes, the love interest from Cougar The Musical. ... Eurovision royalty Cheryl, Mike and Jay, formerly of Bucks Fizz, and Bobby McVay. Trish meets Dom Breadmore from Ludic Rooms to hear about Coventry's new challenge Wear your Wheels.

Mucca Mad Boys

Wasps really aren’t in as strong a position as your average joe thinks. They are a one bad season away from a catastrophe. Their England internationals are leaving them, alongside a few other senior players. All of a sudden, the bumper crowds for big European rugby will wither away if they don’t qualify for the Champions Cup. Struggle in the league too and the novelty of a Premiership rugby team quickly wears off. Comparing attendances with football, Wasps are about 6th in Europe at about 17,000... A 32,000 seater is too big for them and CCFC too bar the odd bumper crowd.

Brighton Sky Blue

Wasps really aren’t in as strong a position as your average joe thinks. They are a one bad season away from a catastrophe. Their England internationals are leaving them, alongside a few other senior players. All of a sudden, the bumper crowds for big European rugby will wither away if they don’t qualify for the Champions Cup. Struggle in the league too and the novelty of a Premiership rugby team quickly wears off. Comparing attendances with football, Wasps are about 6th in Europe at about 17,000... A 32,000 seater is too big for them and CCFC too bar the odd bumper crowd.

Difference being that top flight football would get us a lot closer to filling out than they are even with European rugby and a stacked deck. Domestic rugby never has been that popular and there isn't much sign of the trend changing.

Mucca Mad Boys

Difference being that top flight football would get us a lot closer to filling out than they are even with European rugby and a stacked deck. Domestic rugby never has been that popular and there isn't much sign of the trend changing.

Of course. That’s why I think the wheels could come off the Wasps’ project very quickly, indeed. Relegation from the Prem would be a catastrophe and that league has a tendency to swallow the odd big team, like London Irish and Northampton Saints.

Having thought about it, it could be a possibility that Wasps may have to sell a share in the Ricoh if it debts keep rising as it is set to surpass their value of the Ricoh. Again, in that context, Wasps can’t really afford to kick CCFC out either so I suppose this whole debacle is just public shows of force and the rational outcome ought to be an arrangement is made.

SkyBlueCRJ

Agree with this. You could tell they were completely disinterested during the TF interview. JW rushed through his questions as if they’d squeezed us in for a 10 minute window. They will rarely discuss the politics surrounding football ownership whilst on air because they know 95% of their listeners aren’t interested. E.g. They were discussing Bolton closing their training ground yesterday and simply said it’s because Ken Anderson doesn’t have any money and the takeover has fallen through. No further detail was offered whatsoever. The same goes with Blackpool a few weeks ago. No specifics were spoken about whatsoever because they have no interest in speaking about League One clubs, probably out of fear that their listeners will lose interest.

The majority on Talk Sport are poor excuses for journalists and the ex-footballers who present in the mornings are employed for their banter, not their broad knowledge of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread