Breaking News! (1 Viewer)

ceetee

OK it was a bad miss but not as bad as the OP suggests.

I was very unhappy when I saw he was going to take it and don't think he should have been put in that position, but I guess it would have been more pressured if he'd been 10th up, although it shouldn't get that far.

NorthernWisdom

shmmeee

Has received lots of racist abuse on tik tok and insta .. so I think it's best the club rally around him .. not take the piss

Thats Fucking disgusting. I hope like with Saka and Rashford that it’s not from here and is cunts who have watched the match abroad or whatever. Any city fan found giving racist abuse to players should be kicked out the club never to return. Absolutely unacceptable.

Blind-Faith

The racist abuse is 100% wrong. Doesn’t matter what the colour of his skin is. That’s irrelevant.

What matters is his miss, has cost us going up, our best chance in the last 21 years of returning to the PL, because he simply couldn’t kick a football properly from 12 yards with only the keeper to beat.

I for one, hope we never see him at the CBS again, because my feelings towards him, which have been swaying all season from one of my favourite players, has now gone right the other way to one of my most hated players.

But none of this should be based on the colour of his skin

Evo1883

The racist abuse is 100% wrong. Doesn’t matter what the colour of his skin is. That’s irrelevant.

What matters is his miss, has cost us going up, our best chance of the last 21 years of returning to the PL, because he simply couldn’t kick a football properly from 12 yards with only the keeper to beat.

I for one, hope we never see him at the CBS again, because my feelings towards him, which have been swaying all season from one of my favourite players, has now gone right the other way to one of my most hated players.

So you hate him because he missed a penalty ?

croatskyblue

What matters is his miss, has cost us going up, our best chance in the last 21 years of returning to the PL, because he simply couldn’t kick a football properly from 12 yards with only the keeper to beat.

I think the fact we didn’t start playing at all until the second half has as much to do with us not winning

Blind-Faith

So you hate him because he missed a penalty ?

Yep, he’s the one that missed yesterday, nobody else, he’s the one that lost us the game. What should we do? Pat him on the back and give him a bravery sticker?

As soon as I saw him walking up I knew we’d lost.

SBT

Somehow wrapping your sudden Dabo hatred in an anti-racism message only makes you look more deranged.

croatskyblue

Yep, he’s the one that missed yesterday, nobody else, he’s the one that lost us the game. What should we do? Pat him on the back and give him a bravery sticker?

no, you say it was a shite penalty- but you also say it wasn’t the single reason we didn’t win, question why he ended up going next and don’t totally destroy the guy saying he cost us £170m

PVA

The racist abuse is clearly absolutely disgusting.

But it's all from bots and trolls abroad, I'm certain there won't be any Cov fans doing it, and probably not even anyone in the UK.

(not saying that makes it OK, just to clarify)

SBT

The racist abuse is clearly absolutely disgusting.

But it's all from bots and trolls abroad, I'm certain there won't be any Cov fans doing it, and probably not even anyone in the UK.

(not saying that makes it OK, just to clarify)
It’s a weird thing to continuously point out though.

Flying Fokker

You are being a right chump today. What is your problem?

Evo1883

I don't think dabo missing a penalty should change how you feel about him as a person or player ..

The stakes are so high , the pressure so big .. he never wanted to miss .

GIMOC

my gripe from the pens was it seemed to me after the 5th pen the players didn’t know who was up next. it seemed Bidwell went to go then Dabo strolled up.

Grendel

I honestly think this is shocking

Dabo stepped up to take the penalty - he’s not a penalty taker. He’s clearly struggled with injuries and isn’t the player he was but certainly in league 1 he was a great player and has always served the club well and did his best

I’d imagine he’s feeling devastated now and it will probably live with him for some time.

Someone had to miss and it was him. I assume if the goal against Panzo stood he’d get the same but the penalty makes it more targeted I think

I assume he volunteered when others didn’t. Look at them perhaps

Users who are viewing this thread