Bradley collins (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

It would be fine if his distribution was as good as claimed. But it’s not.

All three Barnsley lads need replacing IMO. Thomas will improve with time and can be third choice. Kitching and Collins can fuck off as far as I’m concerned. Absolute waste of £5m.

CCFCSteve

It would be fine if his distribution was as good as claimed. But it’s not.

All three Barnsley lads need replacing IMO. Thomas will improve with time and can be third choice. Kitching and Collins can fuck off as far as I’m concerned. Absolute waste of £5m.

Way OTT. Thomas has come along loads this season and I still think Kitching will prove to be a decent signing

shmmeee

Way OTT. Thomas has come along loads this season and I still think Kitching will prove to be a decent signing

Not been convinced by any of them all season Steve. I’ve been saying it from the start. Collins couldn’t get in the Barnsley team. Kitching hasn’t looked like someone worth more than £2m tops all season. Thomas when he’s good is great, when he’s poor is dreadful.

But the attitude of the three together really bothers me. Just don’t seem arsed. Weak, rumours of bust ups with Robins, etc. I think by bringing three together you allow a clique to form which is dangerous if they don’t have the right mentality.

Collins has shown glimpses of being able to distribute the ball well, but not at any level of consistency and has as many brain farts as Wilson.

Old Warwickshire lad

Not just last night though is it. He got in because Wilson was having a nightmare season, and he has carried on.
The 6 yard box is anybody’s but his.He hesitates at every cross.
He can’t catch a ball, is hopeless at one on one’s. His distribution is crap, he is incapable of throwing a ball 25 yards and can’t kick accurately.
He pulls of the occasional great save and that’s it, he has nothing else.
Wilson and Moore are both better keepers.
And this is not a reaction from last night,I have consistently said it all season.

alfielloyd

Not sure what we do with our keepers, Moore and Collins have the potential to be decent. Always felt it it the one aspect Robins does not get right. I would actually like to see play Moore on Saturday.

Otis

In Oggy’s own words, he’d have conceded a red card and a penalty to save face. Even if Hull miss said penalty, it’s advantage to Hull.

Not really constructive, is it?
The attempt was rather pathetic though don't you think and we can't be certain it would have been a red card. He could well have just whacked the ball as hard as he could, with an aim for the ball to end up in a goal kick, or going out to the side for a throw.

As Oggy was a top keeper, I am tending to go with what he said.

I don't think a red card was the certain outcome at all, myself. A lot of different things could have occurred

messiahrobins

Not been convinced by any of them all season Steve. I’ve been saying it from the start. Collins couldn’t get in the Barnsley team. Kitching hasn’t looked like someone worth more than £2m tops all season. Thomas when he’s good is great, when he’s poor is dreadful.

But the attitude of the three together really bothers me. Just don’t seem arsed. Weak, rumours of bust ups with Robins, etc. I think by bringing three together you allow a clique to form which is dangerous if they don’t have the right mentality.

Collins has shown glimpses of being able to distribute the ball well, but not at any level of consistency and has as many brain farts as Wilson.
Interesting about the clique point you make. Wilson last year was much better and seemed much more confident than this season and he and Thomas came to blows earlier this season and i wonder if Wilson's drop in form was because he wasnt comfortable with Kitching and Thomas.
Thomas i think is an excellent signing and will become a top defender, but he has played way more than he should have done this season and it was a mistake to let Mcfadzean go albeit he wanted to go so cannot blame the club really obviously. Kitching concerns me. He has the attributes to be a superb defender but he has not looked a 4.5m player at all and has been very disappointing.
We need far more leadership in the centre of defence and could do with two older heads back there and a more experienced GK. Problem is King will expect Kitching to play week in week out given the amount spent on him

messiahrobins

Not just last night though is it. He got in because Wilson was having a nightmare season, and he has carried on.
The 6 yard box is anybody’s but his.He hesitates at every cross.
He can’t catch a ball, is hopeless at one on one’s. His distribution is crap, he is incapable of throwing a ball 25 yards and can’t kick accurately.
He pulls of the occasional great save and that’s it, he has nothing else.
Wilson and Moore are both better keepers.
And this is not a reaction from last night,I have consistently said it all season.
Moore is the best of the 3, he had a terrible loss of confidence and dip in form due to off field issues, but i am confused why we havent given him a go this season while he is being paid a wage.

PVA

Moore is the best of the 3, he had a terrible loss of confidence and dip in form due to off field issues, but i am confused why we havent given him a go this season while he is being paid a wage.

Maybe he's not been very good in training? Maybe that dip in form has become a long term/permanent thing?

I don't think he's played in any u21s games either has he? Which suggests he's really not considered anywhere near the level anymore, otherwise they would surely have taken a look at him

Mucca Mad Boys

The attempt was rather pathetic though don't you think and we can't be certain it would have been a red card. He could well have just whacked the ball as hard as he could, with an aim for the ball to end up in a goal kick, or going out to the side for a throw.

As Oggy was a top keeper, I am tending to go with what he said.

I don't think a red card was the certain outcome at all, myself. A lot of different things could have occurred

All due respect to Oggy, he played GK at a point where they didn’t play with their feet.

I was in block 31 so had a pretty good view of it and I genuinely don’t believe he could’ve hit it first time to the sides because their striker was on top of him.

The options in my mind were:
1) take the foul and red card
2) try a ballsy dribble move which could make you look a tit
3) take the back pass and allow an indirect free kick

I’m not too sure how option 3 would work, but the alternatives weren’t great.

Milne Out

All due respect to Oggy, he played GK at a point where they didn’t play with their feet.

I was in block 31 so had a pretty good view of it and I genuinely don’t believe he could’ve hit it first time to the sides because their striker was on top of him.

Big Oggy would have put his face there

We were in block 30 and both the back pass and the challenge looked weak

shmmeee

Dive at his feet and take the indirect FK? Thomas might not have seen the ST bearing down but Collins would have.

Mucca Mad Boys

Dive at his feet and take the indirect FK? Thomas might not have seen the ST bearing down but Collins would have.

Probably the best option but not exactly a silver bullet that takes away the danger. Hull get a shot off from 10-12 yards out?

In short, Thomas puts Collins in a really difficult position and the goal is somehow Collins fault?

The manager doesn’t need one scapegoat like fans. A good manager like MR will see that the back pass not good enough and is the root cause of the goal.

napolimp

The pass was horrific, we're all agreed on that. But anyone arguing Collins did everything in his power needs to have a word, pretty much pulls out of the challenge

I think he goes to smash his foot through the ball, realises he gets there too late, and doesn't want to take out the player.

Mucca Mad Boys

The pass was horrific, we're all agreed on that. But anyone arguing Collins did everything in his power needs to have a word, pretty much pulls out of the challenge

He hits the ball first… what difference is it if he hits the ball slightly harder?!

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
He also put Sheaf in trouble again last night, it was almost a carbon copy of the Huddersfield goal.

Dont think the answer is the Rotherham keeper, makes mistakes as he did against us but how much is keeper versus combined defence and keeper.

shmmeee

Probably the best option but not exactly a silver bullet that takes away the danger. Hull get a shot off from 10-12 yards out?

In short, Thomas puts Collins in a really difficult position and the goal is somehow Collins fault?

The manager doesn’t need one scapegoat like fans. A good manager like MR will see that the back pass not good enough and is the root cause of the goal.

Oh no I blame Thomas for the goal, and he nearly did it again later on. He’s far too casual on the ball for a CB. Just think given that taking the FK was probably the best choice.

Mucca Mad Boys

Oh no I blame Thomas for the goal, and he nearly did it again later on. He’s far too casual on the ball for a CB. Just think given that taking the FK was probably the best choice.
Thomas is being asked to play a certain way and MR gives him the confidence to do so.

He’s just turned 23 and will improve his game. McFadz, before he came Mr. Reliable , had a mistake in him too.

Patience is a virtue and we’ll be better next season.

CCFCSteve

Im as frustrated with Collins as anyone as I’ve backed him all year and thought he looked a solid keeper at this level. I’m not sure what’s happened since he came out of the team for Wilson but he’s not looked anywhere near the same since his return

Thomas is still very young and a bit raw sometimes but is already showing significant improvement. He’s played pretty much every game when available (49 I think) and yet he’s only turned 23 this year. We need to park Kitchings fee for now (like with wright at the start of the season), we’ve paid what we’ve paid, however, I genuinely believe he’ll be good next season.

I don’t think you can question either of those players fight or will to win. I can’t comment on any ‘bust ups’ but I doubt they’d have played the number of games they have if there were problems.

we are in the business of buying players who will improve and develop, both Thomas and Kitching have and/or will

shmmeee

Im as frustrated with Collins as anyone as I’ve backed him all year and thought he looked a solid keeper at this level. I’m not sure what’s happened since he came out of the team for Wilson but he’s not looked anywhere near the same since his return

Thomas is still very young and a bit raw sometimes but is already showing significant improvement. He’s played pretty much every game when available (49 I think) and yet he’s only turned 23 this year. We need to park Kitchings fee for now (like with wright at the start of the season), we’ve paid what we’ve paid, however, I genuinely believe he’ll be good next season.

I don’t think you can question either of those players fight or will to win. I can’t comment on any ‘bust ups’ but I doubt they’d have played the number of games they have if there were problems.

we are in the business of buying players who will improve and develop, both Thomas and Kitching have and/or will

It’s just little things. I can’t remember us having players fighting on the pitch under Robins until this season. Too often laughing about fucking up or losing. Rumours of them falling out with Robins. Attitude on the pitch that leads to sloppy play like yesterday. All adds up for me. One player will likely change to fit the group ethos, I worry if you bring in three it gives them the ability to feed off each other.

blunted

Like most high level football its about ability and mental strength. Pretty obvious Collins has had his confidence severely shaken. All the OGs has not helped. Time for a rest. I believe he will come back stronger next season. Really don't think this is an area we can afford to strengthen as we have more important priorities.
Absolutely shocked how Godden's form has dropped off a cliff.
We are a young team and need to give players leeway.

clint van damme

It’s just little things. I can’t remember us having players fighting on the pitch under Robins until this season. Too often laughing about fucking up or losing. Rumours of them falling out with Robins. Attitude on the pitch that leads to sloppy play like yesterday. All adds up for me. One player will likely change to fit the group ethos, I worry if you bring in three it gives them the ability to feed off each other.

I wish they fought on the pitch last night!
Collins and Thomas should have beenat each others throats last night but they just sort of shrugged.
Didn't we have similar issues when we bought in the two Shrewsbury players?

Sick Boy

Maybe he's not been very good in training? Maybe that dip in form has become a long term/permanent thing?

I don't think he's played in any u21s games either has he? Which suggests he's really not considered anywhere near the level anymore, otherwise they would surely have taken a look at him
From what's been alluded to other stuff has gone on in his personal life; I don't think it's down to a lack of ability.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Westwood was great but we achieved absolutely nothing during his time here because the rest of the side was crap. The money needs to be focused outfield.

Yeah isn't life a bitch, put Westwood in today's team, premier league hear we come. 😤

messiahrobins

Its a really strange one, you are right he hasnt played for U21's, and for a very good player to fall off the cliff like that is really odd.

mmttww

mr t dancing GIF

mmttww

One player will likely change to fit the group ethos, I worry if you bring in three it gives them the ability to feed off each other.

a fair point, but i doubt that'll last long. Makes MR's job easier following that thinking. If he persuades one of them to sort that side of things out, it'll ripple out to the others.

Might be a Hamer-like process. Word was AV tore Gus to shreds after those red cards and it clicked for him. If I want to make it at this level or beyond, have to sort sh*t out.

TomRad85

Thomas was only at Barnsley on loan for half a season wasn't he?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

He hits the ball first… what difference is it if he hits the ball slightly harder?!
Firstly Collins is already decelerating when he kicks the ball which means he's lost probably half a second. If he goes at it fully committed he gains half a second and possible clears it without being charged down.

Striker sees Collins steaming in to clear the ball and bottles it and runs around or hurdles over him to evade him.

Striker is unable to control the block as much and it goes wide or over the bar.

Users who are viewing this thread