Boycott cov telegraph (2 Viewers)

pastythegreat

So Olivia Moore, not 100% sure on what her role at the club is but she seems to be behind the scenes. Always with the players and pictures on Twitter of her on the pitch at Wembley and the like, she's hit back at the telegraph on Twitter. Having a go at The telegraph and Mortimer. It may have been read by people out of context, but it's clearly been read not just by the fans out of context, but the players and backroom staff too! And then to call him salty afterwards?!?! Says it all about such a shit rag. Wouldn't even wipe my arse on the CET if we ran out of loo roll.
#BoycottTheCovTeleraph

PVA

They've deleted all the 'salty' tweets now.

Who honestly thought calling one of our best players 'salty' just for sticking up for himself was a good idea? What a joke of a newspaper.

NortonSkyBlue

That's brilliant but I think there is a need to put some perspective on this.
I get supporting McNulty and I get that Mortimer is challenging him to stay but I really don't get the vitriol.
Mortimer is a 200 game top division player for us. Possibly had the greatest career that any Coventry player has ever had. Somebody please explain to me what the fuck is going on here.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Have to be honest, I check the Telegraph site every day, mainly to see if there are any major traffic incidents affecting my wife and daughters safe travel to Coventry every morning. I do then read some of the articles. It does get on my nerves though as some of the features are very vague and the click bait bullshit is just irritating. It's very much just a business though and they will try and favour their main sponsors I guess when possible, a reason I think why they wet themselves over Wasps and bury Cov rugby reports if they can.
I use Google Maps for all my traffic info Ashdown. I can guarantee it'll be more real time than the CT and you don't have to answer a survey to access it...

shmmeee

Thats not real journalism

Watch aaron sorkins newsroom. Excellent tv show. Nice messsge in thst about doing thr news properly

As for cet. Are they still banned.from ccfc? I thibk be good idea to tru orgsnise a boycott for sure

I didn’t say it was journalism, I said it was their job.

More anger = more clicks = more ad revenue.

If you want to change that don’t post up “everyone look at this terrible article!!!1!”, just ignore it.

Edit: it’ll likely be dead within the decade. No sense getting angry about the death throes.

RegTheDonk

I didn’t say it was journalism, I said it was their job.

More anger = more clicks = more ad revenue.

If you want to change that don’t post up “everyone look at this terrible article!!!1!”, just ignore it.

Edit: it’ll likely be dead within the decade. No sense getting angry about the death throes.

You could be right to be honest, used to read their site occasionally to keep tabs on the home town but I gave up on the Telegraph when they wished WASPs well over Cov.

Polar

You know what, you might be right there...

I don’t know about most people, but when I have wanted to read about ccfc this season I’ve pretty much only read this forum, or the excellent ‘Sideways Sammy’ blog. Twitter then fills the gaps for up to minute news. Really have no use for the telegraph anymore and I’d be surprised if they get that many hits these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlansEyes

This is just modern day journalism, unfortunately. Ten years ago that interview would have led on Mortimer challenging McNulty to do it again in L1. But now, everything has to have a controversial, clickbait hook, hence leading on 'fluke'. Same goes for the 'salty' tweets - that has come from this wave of shit, ad-filled sports pages that you see pop up on social media all of the time. The only thing missing was a line in the tweets saying 'McNulty responds...and he isn't happy!'

withnail

I don't visit the telegraph site anymore, I haven't got the time or the patience. I've tried but after 10 minutes of watching the page load in endless tedious installments advertising random shit, autoplaying videos and pedalling other pointless social crap I close it and the computer down and go outside away from any 'devices' or sourecs of electricity safe in the knowledge that if anything that is actually improtant happens I'll find out anyway.
Bring back the Pink.

duffer

As others have said, it's hard to comment on the quality of the journalism now because the CET site itself is just about impossible to navigate.

In honesty, I'm not going to boycott it because of some trivial spat they've engineered, I just can't be arsed with it because of all of the hoops you've got to jump through to get to anything vaguely interesting...

wingy

As others have said, it's hard to comment on the quality of the journalism now because the CET site itself is just about impossible to navigate.

In honesty, I'm not going to boycott it because of some trivial spat they've engineered, I just can't be arsed with it because of all of the hoops you've got to jump through to get to anything vaguely interesting...
There are Myriad .
Just give a simple Accept/Decline option like a lot of others do I even find that a pisser.
I hate the 'e'world and all it's hooks,spying etc.
Passwords you can never remember .
Wherever Google promotes a CT article the problem doesn't seem to occur like when you 'search'.

Warwickhunt

i still have not worked out what "salty" means should i ask Monica Lewinsky?

wingy

i still have not worked out what "salty" means should i ask Monica Lewinsky?
Was assuming it was connected to the Scottish condement salt and sauce, which oddly means vinegar and brown sauce .
Wish I hadn't gone on urban dictionary to check.

Users who are viewing this thread