Boycott cov telegraph (1 Viewer)

block16

How can we drive this rag out the city? Calling McNulty ’salty’ this morning. We should at least be calling for the club to ban these leeches again. The less Ccfc fans and less access they have the less they will report on Ccfc, which can only be a good thing! Andy turner ✊
Final straw after years of crap. Getting into bed with insects, crap reporting and crap ‘journalists’

Last edited:

clint van damme

How can we drive this rag out the city? Calling McNulty ’salty’ this morning. We should at least be calling for the club to ban these leeches again. The less Ccfc fans and less access they have the less they will report on Ccfc, which can only be a good thing! Andy turner and Mortimer villa scum

can you give me 5 reasons why?!

block16

mortimer is ex villa out on a jolly he’s probably watched McNulty once this season. Interviewing some old negative bloke is not journalism

pusbccfc

Pathetic journalism.

NortonSkyBlue

How can we drive this rag out the city? Calling McNulty ’salty’ this morning. We should at least be calling for the club to ban these leeches again. The less Ccfc fans and less access they have the less they will report on Ccfc, which can only be a good thing! Andy turner and Mortimer villa scum
Calling Mortimer anything other than a Coventry City legend is absolutely pathetic.
He was sold against his wishes to Villa. That he made a brilliant career there is credit to him.
Mortimer still attends games, is a supporter of the former players association and was advising McNulty to remain with us.
This is getting ridiculous.

Terry_dactyl

Calling Mortimer anything other than a Coventry City legend is absolutely pathetic.
He was sold against his wishes to Villa. That he made a brilliant career there is credit to him.
Mortimer still attends games, is a supporter of the former players association and was advising McNulty to remain with us.

I read the article and it seemed to me like a bit of ‘reverse psychology’ by Mortimer, intended to encourage mcnulty to stay. I’m not sure he actually said that mcnulty’s season was a fluke. However, I can’t blame mcnulty for pointing out how good he’s been in the past but the reaction by fans is a bit of hot air about nothing.
If, as seems to be suggested, mcnulty leaves because a shit local rag publishes something he’s not happy with then his career won’t go much above our current level.
PS
I neither think mcnulty will leave because of this or think he is actually that bothered by the article either.

covcity4life

They did their job didn’t they? Here you are advertising their latest article.
Thats not real journalism

Watch aaron sorkins newsroom. Excellent tv show. Nice messsge in thst about doing thr news properly

As for cet. Are they still banned.from ccfc? I thibk be good idea to tru orgsnise a boycott for sure

Irish Sky Blue

Completely agree. Mortimer was simply saying that the grass isn’t always greener and that McNulty would be better off staying at Coventry. The artical is pro McNulty and pro Coventry City. It is advising our top scorer to stay with us. Mortimer was a good player for us who went onto be a great player for Villa. He played over two hundred CCFC games and came through the youth system here. The misrepresentation of his views and this artical is just silly. A lot of bluster about nothing.

covcity4life

Also he said nothojg wring bar 1 word whixh was fluke

The actual message of staying in a team that play style that benefits you is actually good advice

block16

Why then call him Salty? That’s just an insult because he’s standing his ground. You cannot go around doing that and expect cov fans to not give you both barrels. Cov Observer far superior paper.

block16

Okay I take that back about Mortimer. I’m just pissed off about how it was framed and the intentions of the cet and Andy turners click bait crap - particularly to our top scorer. It at least warrents an apology

torchomatic

Not a fan of the CT - well Gilbert more specifically, softened a bit now he's gone - but can't see what Andy Turner has done wrong here. If McNulty leaves it will be for the money not because of the CT interview with a sixty year old ex-pro who left 40 odd years ago. Another storm in a teacup winding up the Twitter lot. They should be wound up at the poor season ticket sales.

Polar

As a slight aside from the Mcnulty ‘salty’ thing going on at the moment...the CT Website seems such to be such a poor read these days.

Is it just me or has it got so much worse in the last few years? There was a point where the articles and comments section were fairly engaging...?

Hardly ever look at it anymore. Emissary from the land of obvious writing style; constantly ‘begging the question’, and stretching out a few thin key points as far as physically possible.

BRB wrestling against autoplaying videos that don’t even stream smoothly, spammy java adverts and filling out mandatory surveys just to read five rambling paragraphs built upon about two sentences of information.

Might just be me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

As a slight aside from the Mcnulty ‘salty’ thing going on at the moment...the CT Website seems such to be such a poor read these days.

Is it just me or has it got so much worse in the last few years? There was a point where the articles and comments section were fairly engaging...?

Hardly ever look at it anymore. Emissary from the land of obvious writing style; constantly ‘begging the question’, and stretching out a few thin key points as far as physically possible.

BRB wrestling against autoplaying videos that don’t even stream smoothly, spammy java adverts and filling out mandatory surveys just to read five rambling paragraphs built upon about two sentences of information.

Might just be me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice summing up, by Polar.

Otis

Someone rightfully defending themselves only to be met with some dickhead saying 'ooh, touched a nerve' is the kind of thing you see on forums and social media but not really what you expect from actual journalists.
Ah, but does the Telegraph actually have any of them?

peace ndlovu

Much as I can understand a feeling of disgruntlement about this 'article', I think it would rank way below the CET letting the council off scot free over their role in the sorry mess regarding the stadium. Holding SISU to account is great, but exonerating the council is cowardly and amounts to lying by omission

Magwitch

Although a scouser by birth Dennis Mortimer is a Coventry City fan, despite a magnificent career at Villa winning the league and a European cup as their captain. Nothing wrong with that article and he is right to point out the grass isn’t always greener elsewhere having said that I think McNulty will do okay should he move because he has variations to his game and can play. Down to our owner to make him an offer hard to refuse.

hill83

Someone rightfully defending themselves only to be met with some dickhead saying 'ooh, touched a nerve' is the kind of thing you see on forums and social media but not really what you expect from actual journalists.

Truth hurts does it?

Warwickhunt

The telegraph gets all its leads from Skybluetalk if you notice

Ashdown

Have to be honest, I check the Telegraph site every day, mainly to see if there are any major traffic incidents affecting my wife and daughters safe travel to Coventry every morning. I do then read some of the articles. It does get on my nerves though as some of the features are very vague and the click bait bullshit is just irritating. It's very much just a business though and they will try and favour their main sponsors I guess when possible, a reason I think why they wet themselves over Wasps and bury Cov rugby reports if they can.

chiefdave

What's annoyed me the most is Turner trying to make out its nothing. Saying that people are taking it out of context because they haven't watched the video of the interview. The people taking it out of context are the CT. They've chosen which part of the interview to lead with and create a whole article about. There's no mention of anything but McNulty leaving in the article.

In an age where a lot of people don't even bother reading an article and just take the headline and run with it blaming the readers for not sitting through a video is very poor form.

Then they get called out on it and rather than owning up to it they double down and have a pop at the player.

chiefdave

Pretty much sums it up. The website is pretty much unusable even if you did want to read anything on it. Which increasingly isn't the case as its mostly articles not related to Coventry pushed out by the owners. How many staff have the CT even got left in Coventry?

Beyond me why they rebranded to take away the CT name. Was the only thing of value they had in their favour.

pastythegreat

Much as I can understand a feeling of disgruntlement about this 'article', I think it would rank way below the CET letting the council off scot free over their role in the sorry mess regarding the stadium. Holding SISU to account is great, but exonerating the council is cowardly and amounts to lying by omission
And jumping straight into bed with the insects. And constantly overlooking Cov Rugby in favour of them!

Users who are viewing this thread