Boxing Thread (1 Viewer)

Covkid1968#

Wonder if the rumours about Whyte failing a test are true!
Dillion Whyte???? I’ll ask him when I see him.... in the same way I’ve been meaning to ask him to make sure his dogs don’t come near mine when I bump into him dog walking.... bunch of fives heading his way if my dog gets attacked!!!! In fairness I’d be amazed if he has failed any test .... he’s fanatical about being healthy. He lives at my local pub and I’ve never seen him with a beer....so I don’t think self control would be an issue....me on the other hand rarely gets past said pub without having a cheeky one

Reactions: vow

covmark

Dillion Whyte???? I’ll ask him when I see him.... in the same way I’ve been meaning to ask him to make sure his dogs don’t come near mine when I bump into him dog walking.... bunch of fives heading his way if my dog gets attacked!!!! In fairness I’d be amazed if he has failed any test .... he’s fanatical about being healthy. He lives at my local pub and I’ve never seen him with a beer....so I don’t think self control would be an issue....me on the other hand rarely gets past said pub without having a cheeky one
He's been banned before.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

OhhEnnEmm

I've always deemed AJ to be very lucky.

He came along and was able to fight a bunch of bums, had a nice advantage with his large size and heavy stature.

Along with his pretty boy looks and the rise of underground Londoners being so popular eversince Stormzy n Pals, he just had all the stars aligned for him.

He does have a level of star-quality as a person, people want to see him.

But I always felt he was going in throwing, and the outcome was often down to luck, as opposed to skill.

Gazolba

SkyblueBazza

But the point is the object of boxing is to hurt the opponent.
And the main target is that part of the body containing the brain.
That's not the case with other sports.
Yes & the risk of death in a Boxing ring is less than hangliging, Grand Prix motor racing, Motor Cycle racing & mountaineering.

Those that do it know they are going in there trying to knock some other buggers head off & the other bugger is trying to do the same to them.

Arguably Grand Prix & Motor Cycle racing cause far more deaths as so many try to emulate what they see on tv onto the actual roads...killing & injuring so many others in the process with no regard for the emergency services who have to clean the frigging mess up!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Ponticelli used to do boxing.

giphy.gif

Gazolba

Everyone who gets into boxing knows what they are getting into. There’s so many other things I could use as examples but I assume you've made your mind up already.
That's ridiculous.
Are you trying to say Muhammad Ali knew what was going to happen to him?

bringbackrattles

My son is training currently for a charity fight in December and then for another one in March. He loves the training and getting in the ring, he wishes he did it years ago. He also plays football on Sunday mornings, he's 35. If I told him about the dangers he'd say dont worry dad I'll be okay, and he's a grown man not a teenager. I like he's still into sport so let him get on with it.

tisza

Boxing can do more.
For me (said it on here before) the weight management practices in the 48 hours before a fight have to be re-examined. A fighter should still be in the weight category he is competing in when he enters the ring.
Again more needs doing on the gloves.
Boxers need to show a certain level of competence after a set number of fights to prevent these journeymen "record padders" taking a beating.

SkyblueBazza

That's ridiculous.
Are you trying to say Muhammad Ali knew what was going to happen to him?
That is ridiculous too. Everybody who gets on a plane or into a car or crosses the road knows there could be severe consequences.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Anybody just seen the Chisora v Price fight? Chisora is a firework. Whilst he’s entertaining, I always think just take him into the later rounds. I honestly don’t think the stamina is there

Adge

Price is Mr nice guy-they never make winners. Del Boy is ok domestically but will get hammered by anyone half decent as has happened previously.
Towel coming in was probably the right way out for Price.

Adge

Great fight. Taylor winning but I’m not sure it was by 5 rounds as one of the judges had it.

Users who are viewing this thread