Boxing Thread (1 Viewer)

fellatio_Martinez

Ruiz looks after himself a bit better now and comes in next time in better shape.

He shouldn't change a thing. That extra weight worked in his favour. Much like Fury against Wilder. When they got knocked down they got back up and recovered instantly. Joshua had nothing in the tank last night. He's almost too fit.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

He shouldn't change a thing. That extra weight worked in his favour. Much like Fury against Wilder. When they got knocked down they got back up and recovered instantly. Joshua had nothing in the tank last night. He's almost too fit.

You'd think there's some room for improvement with Ruiz's conditioning but i see your point....it's not stopped him picking up 3 heavyweight championship belts.

vow

An un-focused AJ, took his opponent too lightly (excuse the shit pun...), doing too many TV adverts for various companies, he thought he could walk it. END OF.

FACT!

oscillatewildly

He really needs to win that rematch now. Hopefully it is in the UK and at a decent time so i can watch it. It will be interesting to see whether Ruiz looks after himself a bit better now and comes in next time in better shape. At least it has added a bit of interest to a division that was starting to look rather dull again.
I haven't checked, but was a 'rematch' part of this fight contract?

oscillatewildly

The way Hearn, Joshua and various pundits were talking i would thibk there is a clause in there. To be honest my understanding is that it would be unusual for there not to be such a clause, especually given the bargaining positions pre-fight.
It does seem unusual for there not to be a rematch clause but again I think that is down to money and if other outside parties are prepared to offer more for a shot after that particular fight.
In amongst this money game there is an occasional outbreak of pugilism.

It does seem unusual for there not to be a rematch clause but again I think that is down to money and if other outside parties are prepared to offer more for a shot after that particular fight.
In amongst this money game there is an occasional outbreak of pugilism.

The money drives most of this 'marination' crap that leads to the top guys avoiding each other for years. With any luck AJ can win a UK rematch and then take on Wilder/Fury, he'll really have to up his game first though!

Mcbean

Fast hands apparently did it for AJ - anybody hear the interview / councilling session with Steve Bunce afterwards - quite impressed with Bunce and his approach - as AJ must be devastated - its a career reset moment

fellatio_Martinez

Fury would toy with Joshua but I don't think he has the punching power to knock him out and Fury has a great chin so It would probably be a comfortable points win for Fury.

Wilder would destroy Joshua with his speed and power.

Fast hands apparently did it for AJ - anybody hear the interview / councilling session with Steve Bunce afterwards - quite impressed with Bunce and his approach - as AJ must be devastated - its a career reset moment

Yeah i heard that and thought the same. I enjoy the 5live podcasts with Bunce and Costello.

Grendel

I’m sure there will be a rematch and in the circus that now pretends it’s still a valid sport Joshua will regain his titles

Both men will go home the richer

fellatio_Martinez

Yep. Fury is by far the better boxer.
Wilder would beat Joshua too in my opinion.

I was bored of Joshua before this fight, micro managed career to date. Hopefully this loss will force him to take some better fights.

Eddie Hearn has Joshua in his pocket and has consistently picked poor opponents to keep the gravy train going. He kept Joshua safe from the likes of Fury and Wilder because he knew they would beat him and harm AJ's brand.

I'm not sure many could blame Hearn for that. He's made Joshua a very rich man in the process.

Many boxers are coming out of the woodwork now and saying that Joshua isn't a natural boxer and is just a good athlete. It'll be interesting to see how he responds and if he can prove people wrong.

bringbackrattles

Eddie Hearn has Joshua in his pocket and has consistently picked poor opponents to keep the gravy train going. He kept Joshua safe from the likes of Fury and Wilder because he knew they would beat him and harm AJ's brand.

I'm not sure many could blame Hearn for that. He's made Joshua a very rich man in the process.

Many boxers are coming out of the woodwork now and saying that Joshua isn't a natural boxer and is just a good athlete. It'll be interesting to see how he responds and if he can prove people wrong.
Who's to say Ruiz won't beat him again ?He says he's going to lose a bit of weight and look like AJ and be even better. He could be a freak of nature !

fellatio_Martinez

Who's to say Ruiz won't beat him again ?He says he's going to lose a bit of weight and look like AJ and be even better. He could be a freak of nature !

I have a feeling that Ruiz will beat him again. It'll be a bit harder psychologically being away from home (if it's in England) and he won't be the big under dog but his win against Joshua wasn't a fluke. He outboxed him, so he should be confident.

Yep. Fury is by far the better boxer.
Wilder would beat Joshua too in my opinion.

I was bored of Joshua before this fight, micro managed career to date. Hopefully this loss will force him to take some better fights.

Who would you have wanted him to have fought before now? Ive been massively frustrated that we haven't seen him fight Fury or Wilder but im not convinced that's entirely his or Hearn's fault. I do think this defeat will make those other two more inclined to make a fight though, they'll certainly smell blood (assuming he wins any rematch with Ruiz).

I have a feeling that Ruiz will beat him again. It'll be a bit harder psychologically being away from home (if it's in England) and he won't be the big under dog but his win against Joshua wasn't a fluke. He outboxed him, so he should be confident.

The speed of Ruiz's combinations and counterpunching was a real issue for AJ and he'll have to box far better to overcome that. This wasnt the same as Hasim Rahman landing one lucky punch on Lewis. I do think he's fully capable of redeeming himself in any rematch but it's not a foregone conclusion.

hill83

Who would you have wanted him to have fought before now? Ive been massively frustrated that we haven't seen him fight Fury or Wilder but im not convinced that's entirely his or Hearn's fault. I do think this defeat will make those other two more inclined to make a fight though, they'll certainly smell blood (assuming he wins any rematch with Ruiz).

Fury or Wilder.

tisza

Packman just keeps on going. Beats a good fighter in Thurman. Never a split decision. Judging remains poor everywhere.

Gazolba

Whilst we quibble about whether footballers who have received a knock on the head should be allowed to re-enter play or not ...
Another boxer dies as a result of the brutal 'sport' of boxing, a contest where the object is to deliberately injure or incapacitate your opponent by pounding them about the head causing brain damage. This guy was only 28 with a family:
Maxim Dadashev dies after boxing injuries sustained against Subriel Matias

vow

Whilst we quibble about whether footballers who have received a knock on the head should be allowed to re-enter play or not ...
Another boxer dies as a result of the brutal 'sport' of boxing, a contest where the object is to deliberately injure or incapacitate your opponent by pounding them about the head causing brain damage. This guy was only 28 with a family:
Maxim Dadashev dies after boxing injuries sustained against Subriel Matias
Very sad to hear of a death in sport.

They choose to do it and most are aware of the consequences.

Why is it we don't argue, for example there are more deaths in mountain climbing (putting the rescuers in danger as well as the climbers) than in Boxing?

LastGarrison

And also how many lives boxing saves putting people on the straight and narrow who’s lives may very well have taken a different path.....

Reactions: vow

ccfchoi87

I saw that but didn't see anything official. Will be his career gone if he has

I’m not so sure. He’s failed one before as have Ortiz, Fury etc. Pacquiao is using PED’s as well but fans don’t seem to be bothered.

SBAndy

I’m not so sure. He’s failed one before as have Ortiz, Fury etc. Pacquiao is using PED’s as well but fans don’t seem to be bothered.

Pacquiao is a definite. Didn’t see the fight v Thurman last week but no way he has the energy to turn in a performance like he reportedly did at his age.

Users who are viewing this thread