Bournemouth tickets (1 Viewer)

AFCB_fan

Bournemouth fan in peace here….

I’d come on here to have a gauge on sentiment before our game in a couple of weeks time, but stumbled across this thread and thought I’d offer my 2 cents worth.

First of all I am very surprised that CCFC doesn’t have any form of loyalty scheme for your away tickets. I sort of just assumed every club at this level would have one, and certainly for games at places like Bournemouth where capacity is limited.

For what is worth, our away loyalty scheme works quite well, and I’m sure it’d do the job for you too. You receive 1 point for every away league game you attend, and attendance to away league games both from the current and previous seasons count towards your total. Clearly last season was an anomaly and so at present it’s points from 21/22 and 19/20 that count. Away games go on sale first to those with 10+ away points, and then every 2 days the required points total comes down by 2 points, until either the game sells out or it reaches general sale.

The system ensures that those who go to games such as Middlesbrough away on a Tuesday night are guaranteed tickets for the more local away games. It also means that the more points you have the better your choice of seat.

We have the same system for home games, I think at the moment selling starts at around 25+ home points and you’ll usually need at least 10+ to get a ticket - that number increases as the season goes on.

As much as many of you are frustrated at the allocation you’ve received (and I can understand why), at least it’s just one game. For us, home games are a complete closed shop now, the last game to not sell out was in early 2015, there has been no turnover in season ticket holders since 2014 and so unless you’ve been going
for years you’ve got very little chance of a ticket.

The capacity is also not what is reported on most sites - it’s less than 11k after a number of seats had to be removed for new TV gantrys and new disabled platforms. The gap between the capacity and our weekly attendance is from segregation, a low away turnout and season ticket no shows (usually the family sections for evening games). We desperately need a bigger ground but a combination of not owning our current one, prioritising a new training ground (pre-relegation & Covid) and a lack of suitable/cheap land in Bournemouth means it hasn’t happened. It’s incredibly frustrating and the club should really have extended the temporary south stand when we got promoted and had cash to burn, but choose not to for a number of reasons (not good enough ones IMO).

I hope you guys continue to have a good season - you’ve had a traumatic few years just as we did pre-Howe, any success this season would be well deserved (but not at our expense please!).

richnrg

I’d come on here to have a gauge on sentiment before our game in a couple of weeks time, but stumbled across this thread and thought I’d offer my 2 cents worth.

First of all I am very surprised that CCFC doesn’t have any form of loyalty scheme for your away tickets. I sort of just assumed every club at this level would have one, and certainly for games at places like Bournemouth where capacity is limited.

For what is worth, our away loyalty scheme works quite well, and I’m sure it’d do the job for you too. You receive 1 point for every away league game you attend, and attendance to away league games both from the current and previous seasons count towards your total. Clearly last season was an anomaly and so at present it’s points from 21/22 and 19/20 that count. Away games go on sale first to those with 10+ away points, and then every 2 days the required points total comes down by 2 points, until either the game sells out or it reaches general sale.

The system ensures that those who go to games such as Middlesbrough away on a Tuesday night are guaranteed tickets for the more local away games. It also means that the more points you have the better your choice of seat.

We have the same system for home games, I think at the moment selling starts at around 25+ home points and you’ll usually need at least 10+ to get a ticket - that number increases as the season goes on.

As much as many of you are frustrated at the allocation you’ve received (and I can understand why), at least it’s just one game. For us, home games are a complete closed shop now, the last game to not sell out was in early 2015, there has been no turnover in season ticket holders since 2014 and so unless you’ve been going

The capacity is also not what is reported on most sites - it’s less than 11k after a number of seats had to be removed for new TV gantrys and new disabled platforms. The gap between the capacity and our weekly attendance is from segregation, a low away turnout and season ticket no shows (usually the family sections for evening games). We desperately need a bigger ground but a combination of not owning our current one, prioritising a new training ground (pre-relegation & Covid) and a lack of suitable/cheap land in Bournemouth means it hasn’t happened. It’s incredibly frustrating and the club should really have extended the temporary south stand when we got promoted and had cash to burn, but choose not to for a number of reasons (not good enough ones IMO).

I hope you guys continue to have a good season - you’ve had a traumatic few years just as we did pre-Howe, any success this season would be well deserved (but not at our expense please!).
Very well explained points.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Great post, welcome to the mad house. So at Bournemouth, do Supporter’s Clubs get tickets guaranteed before they go on sale to all the members with points trying to buy online or in the shop?! Do you need a ST to apply for home/away tickets?

We definitely need a points system for smaller allocations but as others have mentioned, we are still probably operating as if we’re in League 1/2 in terms of tickets and organisation. When there’s 11K ST holders and 1300 tickets, fastest finger first for the leftovers of the allocation is throwing up problems.

SkyBlueCoco88

I am a proper lurker on here these days and rarely comment, however as someone who has been to every away game this season, a Phase1 ST holder, a St Andrews ST holder during Covid times, attended pre season friendlies and cup games this year but missed out on Bournemouth tickets I felt obliged to say something. A loyalty based points system should be the way forward IMO and the club should have offered 1st dibs to us poor bastards that went to Luton and witnessed that horror show!

Adge

Erm no mate. All fun and games when it didn’t really matter. But I’m pretty much resigned to not getting away tickets for high demand games anyway, even though I’m a season ticket holder, as I’m not phase one. And even phase one aren’t guaranteed for a game like Bournemouth. But a select few at this supporters club are regardless? It’s not on.
Er,mate-you could have joined one of these supporters clubs no problem in the past like others did/have done. Might have even got yourself a Bournemouth ticket 👍

hill83

Er,mate-you could have joined one of these supporters clubs no problem in the past like others did/have done. Might have even got yourself a Bournemouth ticket 👍

Good one. What if everyone did it and you and your mates were back in the queue again. Plus it was kept on the quiet.

David O'Day

What happens if you aren't from a place with an official group? You should join a group you can' really use?

I'll see you at B'Mouth mate - you'll be the one with your tongue up the referees arse

chiefdave

What happens if you aren't from a place with an official group? You should join a group you can' really use?

I'll see you at B'Mouth mate - you'll be the one with your tongue up the referees arse
You don't have to be from a particular area to join a group. Nobody is checking your address!

The other option is for people to set up more groups, sure the club are more than open to that. Not all of the groups have loads of members, for example the Scandinavian Supporters Group, do they even reach double figures in membership?

tskezz

Do torys from Sandbanks Supports Groups get priority over true Bournemouth residents?

AFCB_fan

There is no priority of any kind for supporters clubs. It’s purely based upon your points total for the game in question (home/away/cup). You don’t need a season ticket to apply for away tickets, and you’ll find that these days quite a decent % of our away following never go to home games as they simply can’t get a ticket! It’s much easier to get a ticket for a game 4 hours away up north than it is for any home game.

The only additional priority that season ticket holders get on top of their standard league games is that they can purchase their seat for cup games even if they don’t have any cup points. That aside, the cup game loyalty system is completely separate from the league, in theory this gives those who can’t usually get a ticket the chance to go watch the team. It’s why you’ll find that for the past 6-7 years we still sell out league cup 2nd round games at home to the likes of Burton whilst many other clubs struggle to shift more than 6k tickets.

If it makes you feel any better then we had the same issue as we came up through the leagues - our ticketing team and systems were still League Two whilst the team was making it way to the Prem. The system isn’t perfect now but it’s much better than it was.

David O'Day

You don't have to be from a particular area to join a group. Nobody is checking your address!

The other option is for people to set up more groups, sure the club are more than open to that. Not all of the groups have loads of members, for example the Scandinavian Supporters Group, do they even reach double figures in membership?

So someone from Coventry should join an out of town group? So someone who is say from Cov, a phase 1 season ticket holder, had membership/season tickets in both years at St Andrews and more before that and goes regularly to always should join the leamington or scandy group so they can get tickets otherwise they are seen as less than others?

That is fucked up logic

TomRad85

People going nuts arguing over who's got tickets to poxy Bournemouth. If any of their fans are looking in on this (doubtful as there aren't many) they'll be howling with laughter.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

tskezz

Only if you live in one of the Villages out of cov

TomRad85

People going nuts arguing over who's got tickets to poxy Bournemouth. If any of their fans are looking in on this (doubtful as there aren't many) they'll be howling with laughter.

Just as I say this, of course a Bournemouth fan comments.

hill83

It’s not about which team or game though is it. It’s the principle.

Evo1883

So what’s going on here then? Without trawling pages and pages it seems that Juggy and/or LWCCFC supporters are getting some stick regarding tickets/Bournemouth?
If that is the case people need to think back about all the good that they have done regarding broken relationships between the club and fans etc during the recent dark days by sponsoring players/matches and putting their money where their mouth was.
Now people are upset “IF” by some chance they may have one foot on the ladder higher than others when it comes to a few tickets.
I know somebody who sponsors a player , doesn't get ultra priority ?

AFCB_fan

Just as I say this, of course a Bournemouth fan comments.

Once you’ve spent 5 years going to the likes of the Emirates and the Olympic stadium to watch your team, you realise that it’s away days at places like ‘poxy Bournemouth’ that are what footballs all about. Give me Coventry away over Man City away any day of the week.

Liquid Gold

£500. There were more people viewing the Bristol city match thread than that. £1 each in and we get our away tickets sorted.
Easy.

Users who are viewing this thread