Bournemouth player in (1 Viewer)

Otis

yes he was but he was being played at left back for the first time in a while and in a 'scratch side'.

Cargill is one big fit unit - strong on the floor and in the air and no slouch. Check out past feedback from Torquay (where he was at f/b) and at Welling (at cb).

I think he is already lower end Championship standard but better he comes to you and plays than goes to a struggling side at that level and is a 'bencher' on occasions. He is a grafter too - downsides - not super quick (but see above) and he can be out of position on occasions, though he recovers well.

After our last 3 you have every right to be dubious but he is not a fringe squad player but fringe first team. I think there is some you tube England Under 19 stuff kicking around.

I have no doubt he will be popular and hope he can help get you in the play-offs at least.

Ideally he'll play left side cb with an older pro. Mowbray being your Manager may have been what clinched this deal as he was a very very useful cb - especially with Pallister and I'm sure Cargill will learn from him. Don't forget both our Manager and Assistant were cb's too and they both really rate him. Enjoy :)
Thanking you kindly.

We'll take everything we can get!!

skybluepm2

Be interesting when Martin is fit. If this lad is good, you would think a CB pairing of Martin and Cargill, but then what about Ricketts?

Ricketts is our captain, but has struggled at right back and I think Lorentzson looks like he might be the business and perfect for for that role.

Nice headache to have, but I wonder how it is going to pan out.

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully a nice conundrum for TM. I'm just hoping for a bit of consistency and familiarity which will allow us to regain some confidence. Assuming he's as good as the Bournemouth fans are making out I assume he will be ever present. Ramage will go to being a bit part player I'd imagine, with stokes and Swedie as first choice full backs. Ricketts and Martin fighting out for the remaining berth perhaps?

stupot07

Best centre back in league one by a country mile......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

lifeskyblue

Seems to be a lot of positives re this lad. I think he is a much needed addition at this time. Hopefully he will steady the ship and see is to playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Best centre back in league one by a country mile......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

The next Bobby Moore apparantly.

covmark

That's the second time I've that claim about a loan this season....

Nice to see Mr negativity mocking the lad before he's even kicked a ball.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Otis

Signing paperwork I believe, so not official yet.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

stupot07

Nice to see Mr negativity mocking the lad before he's even kicked a ball.

No not knocking him. I'm sure he'll be a decent signing. Just think they're massive claims to make - "best centre half in league one by a country mile" and "the next Bobby Moore".

What's wrong with just saying "he's a decent young prospect who hopefully will do well"? Why the need for the hyperbole?

If you've forgotten Bryn Morris was touted as the next Bobby Moore when he signed........

Last edited:

Otis

I don't care if he's the next Bobby Davro as long as he does the business for us!

stupot07

I don't care if he's the next Bobby Davro as long as he does the business for us!

Hopefully he will. Covmarks just got one on him.

covmark

No not knocking him. I'm sure he'll be a decent signing. Just think they're massive claims to make - "best centre half in league one by a country mile" and "the next Bobby Moore".

What's wrong with just saying "he's a decent young prospect who hopefully will do well"? Why the need for the hyperbole?

If you've forgotten Bryn Morris was touted as the next Bobby Moore when he signed........

I don't remember that, no. Morris wasn't even a central defender, so how could he be the next Bobby Moore. Bizarre one that.
Fair enough mate. Maybe he won't be the best CB in L1, but here's hoping he makes a massive difference to our somewhat iffy defence.

stupot07

I don't remember that, no. Morris wasn't even a central defender, so how could he be the next Bobby Moore. Bizarre one that.
Fair enough mate. Maybe he won't be the best CB in L1, but here's hoping he makes a massive difference to our somewhat iffy defence.

I think he started as a centre back and played there a lot for England youth teams.

Yes I hopefully he will do the business for us

Otis

Somewhat iffy has to be the understatement of the year!

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

I can't forget we were the main stays of the top division for 35 years and won the FA Cup.
It's difficult to swallow that a club like ours, the 8th biggest city in England is wallowing at this level.
We need to get out this league desperately, start to buy some 'stars' of our own and give younger fans a taste of success.

I agree but we got relegated at the worst time possible with the collapse of itv digital. To be fair though we spent our time before that in the lower leagues

Users who are viewing this thread