Match Thread Bournemouth away (2 Viewers)

SkyBlueMatt

Im on my phone so I'm not going to scroll through but I'm buzzing. What a result!!! 2-0 down after 85 mins. I was stood in the away end at Stoke having to listen to my mate bang on about f*cking Diaz.

We've played two teams who were in the prem last year in the last three games, AWAY from home and we haven't lost!!!

Brilliant result, can't wait til WBA!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Great_Expectations

All part of it - those lows made it even more of a special ending in my opinion. I remember how grim some of those games were, I recall sitting there and looking around thinking this is the real hardcore support now, as nobody else would pay for this. I even had a temporary seed of doubt re MR and his negative tactics at one stage.

But the ending was great and all the points I raised really came to the fore towards the end. It was the first time in my lifetime I truly felt as though things were happening in a positive way and my connection to the club grew.

As a famous philosopher once said; if you want the rainbow you’ve got to put up with the rain.

Brighton Sky Blue

Im on my phone so I'm not going to scroll through but I'm buzzing. What a result!!! 2-0 down after 85 mins. I was stood in the away end at Stoke having to listen to my mate bang on about f*cking Diaz.

We've played two teams who were in the prem last year in the last three games, AWAY from home and we haven't lost!!!

Brilliant result, can't wait til WBA!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Why were you watching Blackburn?

pusbccfc

I think the myth around league two has grown because the majority of our fan base only turned up for the magical end.

Most of it was a depressingly grim slog.

100% this.

It was a dreadful season. The moment Jones got injured, we were a mess. Tactically Robins was poor until the final months. Vincenti playing LW?

The home games at the Ricoh were awful. 6000 odd most weeks. The away games, despite some good followings were horredous. Forest Green and Morecambe the lowest points in the clubs history for me. To put things into context, there were just 1700 there to watch us lose at Morecambe in early December. That's not 1700 Coventry fans, that's the whole attendance.

Had we lost in that play off final, I genuinely think we'd have had a few extra years there and it would have become seriously toxic and we'd have lost even more fans. What actually happened was 40,000 saw us get promoted at Wembley and has helped bring fans back.

Brighton Sky Blue

100% this.

It was a dreadful season. The moment Jones got injured, we were a mess. Tactically Robins was poor until the final months. Vincenti playing LW?

The home games at the Ricoh were awful. 6000 odd most weeks. The away games, despite some good followings were horredous. Forest Green and Morecambe the lowest points in the clubs history for me. To put things into context, there were just 1700 there to watch us lose at Morecambe in early December. That's not 1700 Coventry fans, that's the whole attendance.

Had we lost in that play off final, I genuinely think we'd have had a few extra years there and it would have become seriously toxic and we'd have lost even more fans. What actually happened was 40,000 saw us get promoted at Wembley and has helped bring fans back.

Not inconceivable that we'd still be there to be honest. That said I'm a believer that over a whole season you get what you deserve and if we squeezed home in the play-offs then we were still good enough to merit it.

Brighton Sky Blue

Same amount of shots and more shots on target , I'd say the draw was definitely deserved

Possession is deceptive when you have lots of it but don't do much with it. They can complain about injuries but with a much thinner squad it only takes a few players missing to struggle to fill the gaps. Pleased they all agreed it was a red anyway

jordan210

Can’t wait to watch some of the YouTube fan videos. Love a last min goal.

im still annoyed we dint play Kane vs brum

Evo1883

Possession is deceptive when you have lots of it but don't do much with it. They can complain about injuries but with a much thinner squad it only takes a few players missing to struggle to fill the gaps. Pleased they all agreed it was a red anyway
Until they scored they'd literally done fuck all for 44 minutes .. had alot of the ball and a huge wind curve to help them finally score from a cross .. much like us 😄

Liquid Gold

100% this.

This is a great post. It was such a bad season.
Some of those 6,000 attendances were thinner than that too as season ticket holders were missing. Was cold and dead at times.

clint van damme

Yeah, that Barnet match was terrible. But at least it was a point! Yeovil was the worst memory for me.

Barnet was one of my all time favourite away days. Had a great day in London after the game!

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Just saw this on MOTD. Granted I only saw the best bits but they were the better side, played well and had numerous good chances. 8th in the Premier League league. Yet a good proportion of the crowd booed them off the pitch. Bizarre but goes to show every club has them.

The thing is, if we did the same thing and ‘fell away’ to 8th in the top flight the reaction would be similar

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He looks to me like he has not fully recovered from last season's hip issue. He walks like he's injured, looks like he's lost a yard of pace 1 on 1 and crosses like he's protecting himself. I hope rushing him back last season has not done long term damage.

New chant based on The Bangles?

pusbccfc

Best referee of the season yesterday. He quickly recognised Bournemouth' tactics of niggly fouls are blatant diving. Solanke threw himself to the floor about 3 times in the first half. Eventually lead to some good yellow card decisions.

The one on Hyam where the Bournemouth fans lost their heads was brilliant. It was a clear foul on him rather than the other way round those on the South Coast thought.

Red card was spot on.

Their keeper should have been booked. Tried to waste time all second half. Maybe if he didn't, he wouldn't be still there lying down on the floor after Kane chipped him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread