Bournemouth after Moore? (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Joking aside, if we could get a couple of million for him, you'd think we could replace him and give SISU a few ££££s to appease their investors in the short term.

AFCCOVENTRY

Reality is he spent a lot of his career as a number 2. If he was guaranteed no1 at a prem team at 32 years old then fair enough. He wants to play regularly.

Reactions: vow

Sky Blue Harry H

Reality is he spent a lot of his career as a number 2. If he was guaranteed no1 at a prem team at 32 years old then fair enough. He wants to play regularly.

They only want him as a No 2. His salary would obviously increase, but wouldn't get the same game time. Anyway, it's just a rumour at the moment.

Somerset Sky Blue

Realistically if we could get at least £1-1.5m for Moore and bring in Smithies on a free i’d be happy with that.
Not sure I would. We've been moaning about keepers for years (and probably will for years to come!), but I think Moore is a very good keeper at this level and we should hold on to him, unless it really is a stupid offer.
One and a half million sounds a lot, especially with a possible free signing...but, will he come/ how much signing on fee/will he fit our style required for keepers? If not, what are the next choices?
Rather keep Moore for a couple of years.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Not sure I would. We've been moaning about keepers for years (and probably will for years to come!), but I think Moore is a very good keeper at this level and we should hold on to him, unless it really is a stupid offer.
One and a half million sounds a lot, especially with a possible free signing...but, will he come/ how much signing on fee/will he fit our style required for keepers? If not, what are the next choices?
Rather keep Moore for a couple of years.

Boddy will probably whore him out for 50k anyway.

Oh wait m8, I think he already has.

no_loyalty

I think Moore would go to Bournemouth as a number 2, as he’d be much closer to his beloved Isle Of Wight.

steve101

Moore made a massive difference to our defence at the start of the season. A keeper that can claim crosses!! I think he gave the defenders confidence knowing they had someone dependable behind them. His form did tale off after Christmas but he was still decent. I also like the fact he seems level headed. I hope he stays.

ccfc1234

I’m pretty sure we’ll end up with Wilson as our number 1, which will be insane.
I agree with you. I used to watch him and worry every time the ball was near our goal. Is it possible he has improved significantly? I am doubtful but the coaches must be seeing something in training?

WGABSOOS

Definitely an upgrade over Marosi, I know I’m not allowed to criticise Moore but I think he’s a decidedly average GK at this level, and we could do better. Fine if you’re a midtable side, but if we’ve got ambitions for higher I’d be looking next summer at least.
Do you promise,to give any new keeper an actual game before you decide how shite they are? Your track record of rating keepers isn't great is it let's be fair. He is easily a decent player at this level.

JonesBob

It's lazy journalism. I remember Ramsdale's comments at the time talking about Moore and it was related to another story. And then they have the cheek to say about OHare and Burnley.

blunted

If Moore can reproduce his form from early last season and keep it going throughout the whole season this time, he should not be allowed to leave except for silly money. Besides, my Sister in Law's partner used to play with his dad for Bembridge town.

Terry Gibson's perm

If he goes we need to replace him we can’t go into the season with Wilson as first choice, we now have five goalkeepers though it’s too many for a position if you get an injury crisis you can bring in emergency loans like Luton did.

shmmeee

Do you promise,to give any new keeper an actual game before you decide how shite they are? Your track record of rating keepers isn't great is it let's be fair. He is easily a decent player at this level.

As I said I know I’m not allowed an opinion on him ;)

But if I were, I’d say that he’s very good at one thing: distribution, where he ranks among the best in the division:

F807E22D-20DB-4271-A458-10782515A540.jpeg 4963B66C-D671-4DAA-BB94-F53C5B223121.jpeg

But on the bread and butter of being a keeper and stopping shots he’s decidedly mid to lower table:

F71ED867-3686-439B-B751-E4736A8C8256.jpeg 23004EAB-C9E9-4F5F-A2B6-919EBFEAF621.jpeg 3C77CC64-1E51-4C7A-975A-2BD778CB62FE.jpeg FA30C4B5-4131-443E-8270-B2454D2461E6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread