Match Thread Bournemouth (A) Sat 10th (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Reading losing 2 nil to Watford..Bournemouth go top 6 with a win tomorrow

TewkesburySkyBlue

Interesting the way sentiment towards Bournemouth has changed in a few years. Most fans admired their rise through the divisions to the PL but since their relegation they're one of the most disliked teams in the league. Probably got a lot to do with a very obvious arrogance shown by several of their players who believed they were too good for this league. Also Jason Tindall had a real smell under his nose before he got the boot up his arse. Similarly take a look on their forum and there's widespread belief that they're a PL club. I'd love to see them miss out on promotion, then you'll see the rot really set in.
I’d love to see them back in League 2 where they belong

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I was just reading an article about Latest Team News! And it said BS like this

“Josh Eccles played well against Bristol City but Robins may well opt for the more defensively sound Julien Da Costa on the right flank against the Cherries.”

Opt for the more defensively sound Dacosta, Im sorry but Eccles was better Defensively

Barnsley

You've got the hots for the City. Admit it Barnsley.

giphy.gif
Definitely a city fan for today an Thursday

Sky_Blue_Daz

I would be happy with a point today , just hope we don’t get bullied like last time

Great_Expectations

We have to set realistic expectations for today - both the players and us as a fan base.

No game is a gimme so we have a chance of a surprise a la Brentford, but realistically a draw would be a great result.

MR got it right last game and pressure is on to do the same. As always, we look better when we aren’t set up to be ultra defensive, as it just invites pressure and we can’t get the ball successfully up the pitch.

I would stick with two up front, and probably start Walker/Gyokeres, as the latter will harry and pressurise. I’d worry Godden would overdo it and re-injure himself. However if he starts then him/MR will have a based it on medicinal opinions and facts I’m sure.

Ideally we get through today unscathed and with a point, and perhaps with a big underdog performance and them being off form we get more.

Either way, it’s not a loss that should result in agenda pushing and breakdowns on here but I’m sure some have their knives sharpening as we speak.

Frostie

I was just reading an article about Latest Team News! And it said BS like this

“Josh Eccles played well against Bristol City but Robins may well opt for the more defensively sound Julien Da Costa on the right flank against the Cherries.”

Opt for the more defensively sound Dacosta, Im sorry but Eccles was better Defensively

Yeah, he definitely was on Monday but got to take the opposition into account as well, due to Bristol City's setup they didn't really test him regularly whilst Bournemouth almost certainly will with Danjuma. No dig at Josh though he was excellent & I'd stick with him for today, keep Dacosta out of the firing line & hopefully give him more time to adapt to what we ask of him.

shmmeee

Maroši
Østigård McFadz Pask
Eccles Hamer James McCallum
O’Hare
Walker Györkeres

I think.

Kelly will be vital for Rotherham, which is basically a L1 game so his technical flaws won’t matter so much, so I’d wrap him in cotton wool for this. Ditto Godden. Walker and Györkeres need match fitness, O’Hares an Energiser Bunny.

God knows what to do at RWB but Eccles has the jersey and played well despite not really being tested.

Reactions: AOM

TewkesburySkyBlue

Interesting the way sentiment towards Bournemouth has changed in a few years. Most fans admired their rise through the divisions to the PL but since their relegation they're one of the most disliked teams in the league. Probably got a lot to do with a very obvious arrogance shown by several of their players who believed they were too good for this league. Also Jason Tindall had a real smell under his nose before he got the boot up his arse. Similarly take a look on their forum and there's widespread belief that they're a PL club. I'd love to see them miss out on promotion, then you'll see the rot really set in.
I’d love to see them back in League 2 where they belong

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If there's any danger of Godden aggravating an injury bench him for Gyo today and save him for Rotherham.

Eccles deserves to keep his place i just hope that if he has a hard day today it doesn't shake his confidence for thu.

Expecting a loss so not going to get too disheartened if we do, unless it's a pasting but i don't think it will be. Also if we're 2 down with say 20 to go I'd definitely be considering resting the main players.

andrew.roberts

Albeit not very attractive to watch maybe we should adopt Birmingham's approach against Brentford.
They were in their faces from the kick off and didn't let up until the final whistle

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

SIR ERNIE

Expecting defeat would be estatic with a draw, will not be having any hissy fits about Robins if we lose.
I would like him to play shit stifling football today.

I really can't see us stopping them scoring, they've just got too much quality in midfield and up front. They're definitely vulnerable to pace at the back though if you can get at them and especially through the middle. Steve Cook is very slow and easy to put on the floor. We must play with pace going forward to stand any sort of chance of getting something from the game today.

Frostie

Hyam was ill so could be playing today

Robins says not:

“I think he may start training again tomorrow (Sat) if he’s 24 hours clear of his symptoms, but he’s been out for a week so he will have lost energy and weight and will need to regain all of that.
"But hopefully he’ll be OK to train from Monday and then we’ll just build him up.”

Users who are viewing this thread