Match Thread Bournemouth (A) Sat 10th (3 Viewers)

Johhny Blue

Why do you want biamou anywhere near the team?
I think there’s a place for him in a “squad”
He’s all about confidence. He has missed a few sitters but it would be interesting to see him perform after a couple of good games in a row. (I know, I know)

Frostie

If Biamou had put in the performance Godden did today people would be calling for his head (no real change there), he was awful.

Gyokeres and Walker next game for me.

Godden looked lively but obviously rusty vs Brizzle but yeah looked well off it today.

Thought Walker was decent though.

stevefloyd

You’ve just called for him to be dropped for a player who’s League 2 standard - the double standards are ridiculous. Biamou’s the last player we want involved between now and the rest of the season.
I would say that accolade falls between Baka and Shipley

Legia Sky Blue

If we are playing 2 up front I get the feeling that at this point in the time that Walker or Godden would combine better with Biamou than with each other. I appreciate that lessens our goal threat on paper, but if it allows Godden or Walker to be more of a threat themselves then it could be worth going down that route. Godden doesn't look too sharp at the moment so I would prefer to see a Biamou/ Walker combination, although to be fair Gyokeres is showing glimpses that he could be a viable alternative to Biamou too. Big call by MR whichever way he goes at Rotherham, but the one thing I hope he doesn't do is go with just one up front.

Garryb80

If we are playing 2 up front I get the feeling that at this point in the time that Walker or Godden would combine better with Biamou than with each other. I appreciate that lessens our goal threat on paper, but if it allows Godden or Walker to be more of a threat themselves then it could be worth going down that route. Godden doesn't look too sharp at the moment so I would prefer to see a Biamou/ Walker combination, although to be fair Gyokeres is showing glimpses that he could be a viable alternative to Biamou too. Big call by MR whichever way he goes at Rotherham, but the one thing I hope he doesn't do is go with just one up front.
Biamou has had countless chances and proven he isnt up to it. Gyökeres deserves a chance based on recent form

Legia Sky Blue

You might be right about Gyokeres, there's very little to go on with him though, so it would be a bit of a punt on MR's part to start with him. If MR sees that as the way to go at Rotherham then happy to get behind it though.

On Biamou however, while not disagreeing on his limitations, the fact is that our best team performances this season (Reading, Rotherham, Brentford) were games where he started up front paired with Godden once and Walker twice, hence why I think both Godden & Walker would prefer to partner Biamou than each other, and why we have to stick with playing 2 up front. It's all possibly a mute point anyway as I'm not sure Biamou will be fit enough to start on Thursday.

Jagmannn

The results from yesterday..were all expected ...but was hoping for Birmingham to draw .
So turn a page - and move on ...we will beat Rotherham & breathe a little bit more easily untill we throw are selfs back in to the mire & then we can start worrying again .....this is going to be a tough old ride

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

You might be right about Gyokeres, there's very little to go on with him though, so it would be a bit of a punt on MR's part to start with him. If MR sees that as the way to go at Rotherham then happy to get behind it though.

On Biamou however, while not disagreeing on his limitations, the fact is that our best team performances this season (Reading, Rotherham, Brentford) were games where he started up front paired with Godden once and Walker twice, hence why I think both Godden & Walker would prefer to partner Biamou than each other, and why we have to stick with playing 2 up front. It's all possibly a mute point anyway as I'm not sure Biamou will be fit enough to start on Thursday.
To be honest the only time Walker and Godden started together before yesterday was Bristol and they looked like they had the makings of a partnership then.

Sick Boy

To be honest the only time Walker and Godden started together before yesterday was Bristol and they looked like they had the makings of a partnership then.
Yeah it’s a ridiculous argument considering one has been injured for a long spell and the other has recovered from covid.
The whole thing with playing a sub-standard player is strange and for some he is genuinely bigger than the club itself.

Sky Blue Pete

Yeah it’s a ridiculous argument considering one has been injured for a long spell and the other has recovered from covid.
The whole thing with playing a sub-standard player is strange and for some he is genuinely bigger than the club itself.
Only as daft as playing a striker clearly unfit. If playing biamou up front with Walker or Godden means we have more chance of winning why wouldn’t you? If it doesn’t then there’s no argument

Grendel

One of our best performances was Bristol City - let’s ignore the 90% of games biamou has played and we’ve been dire

Grendel

Only as daft as playing a striker clearly unfit. If playing biamou up front with Walker or Godden means we have more chance of winning why wouldn’t you? If it doesn’t then there’s no argument

How would we have more chance of winning? We’d be safe by now if we hadn’t had that clown on the pitch missing chances.

Gyorkes would be the player to start. He’s only played the equivalent of 4 full games and has scored a couple of goals

Sky Blue Pete

How would we have more chance of winning? We’d be safe by now if we hadn’t had that clown on the pitch missing chances.

Gyorkes would be the player to start. He’s only played the equivalent of 4 full games and has scored a couple of goals
I agree I’m just pointing out that any decisions need to be about setting up to give us the best chance of winning a game

Grendel

I agree I’m just pointing out that any decisions need to be about setting up to give us the best chance of winning a game

I just don’t see how considering him starting can in theory be better than other options. His mobility and movement is non existent - he’s had about 3 good games all season and in all those games we scored early. Unless that happens and the opposition have to start to try and press hes anonymous

Brighton Sky Blue

I just don’t see how considering him starting can in theory be better than other options. His mobility and movement is non existent - he’s had about 3 good games all season and in all those games we scored early. Unless that happens and the opposition have to start to try and press hes anonymous

Might need him to neutralise Richard Wood’s threat at corners

stupot07

If Gyökeres goes on scoring a couple more goals this season do you think we should try and sign him
I've not seen enough to suggest he warrants signing tbh. We need to decide how we are going to play next season and then sign players that fit that.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

stupot07

I thought they looked good against Bristol but yesterday they kept making the same the runs into the same space, and neither really held the ball up when we were under the cosh.

I'd be very surprised if they are our starting partnership next season.

fernandopartridge

Nobody wants to play alongside Biamou, he has formed no understanding with anybody as he's just not very good

Legia Sky Blue

One of our best performances was Bristol City - let’s ignore the 90% of games biamou has played and we’ve been dire

The Bristol game is fair enough, although I doubt we've played a more disinterested team all season. The one consistency with that & the other 3 games I mentioned was that we played 2 up front. We must not revert to playing only a single forward, it presents the whole initiative to the opposition.

Sick Boy

I thought they looked good against Bristol but yesterday they kept making the same the runs into the same space, and neither really held the ball up when we were under the cosh.

I'd be very surprised if they are our starting partnership next season.

Both are far superior to Biamou and offer much more.

D

Deleted member 11652

If Biamou had put in Godden’s performance yesterday he’d have been given 8/10 by the cult.

Even when Godden is quiet, you can still trust his touch and ball retention. Godden on a bad day is leagues away from Biamou

SeaSeeEffCee

If Biamou had put in Godden’s performance yesterday he’d have been given 8/10 by the cult.

Even when Godden is quiet, you can still trust his touch and ball retention. Godden on a bad day is leagues away from Biamou
Where is this apparent Biamou 'cult' you keep banging on about? I only see one or two posters talk about how he should be starting, whereas the same handful of posters seem to invade every thread to talk about how much they hate him? It's very tedious.

And before the predictable reply comes, you can check my post history, I've been critical of Biamou's performances all season and don't think he's up to the level. I just don't get the obsession with constantly telling everyone how shit you think one player is over and over again.

D

Deleted member 11652

Where is this apparent Biamou 'cult' you keep banging on about? I only see one or two posters talk about how he should be starting, whereas the same handful of posters seem to invade every thread to talk about how much they hate him? It's very tedious.

And before the predictable reply comes, you can check my post history, I've been critical of Biamou's performances all season and don't think he's up to the level. I just don't get the obsession with constantly telling everyone how shit you think one player is over and over again.

I don’t hate him he’s a nice guy

Adge

Ah balls to it-lets throw the 3 of them into the mix against Rotherham and hope for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread