Match Thread Bournemouth (A) Sat 10th (2 Viewers)

Johhny Blue

My quick re-assement after today and looking at remaining fixtures
Birmingham can secure their status with a win and look safe to me
Rotherham have 3 home games in a week. I think they will be disappointed if they don't get 2 wins from that. Overall I reckon they will get at LEAST 11 more points making them reach at LEAST 47 but may get more
Looking at Derby , they should be able to pick 6 points to get to 49 fairly comfortably
Huddersfield , I give them another 2 points and whatever they get against us 46 + 0,1 or 3
Coventry need 2 home wins and something from one away game to try and get to 49 (that's being optimistic)

Not an easy situation but still possible to stay up.
Interesting to see all the teams around us are about to go on their best runs of the season all at the same time

Johhny Blue

At age 35, I get grounded for way more serious stuff than just being a twat, which is my default personality anyway.

I'm not saying 'wAlKer is tHe MaN for Us to Stay up', what I'm saying is, the amount of running he does is slightly irrelevant to whether he is likely to score goals for us.

If we go down or stay up, it won't be because Walker doesn't run 20km per game, basically.
It’s not about running 20km per game. My pet peeve is lazy players. He’s skilled enough when he’s in the action but loses interest easily.
Today for example he was in an offside position a couple of times on our breaks (luckily the ball didn’t get to him) He was also really slow to get back onside a few times taking himself out of any quick counters. He also tends to take up strange positions for kicks and throws McCallum’s long throw in the first half being a good example. Ostigard flicked on to the perfect space but no-one was there.
I’m not saying Biamou is a better player but I prefer him over Walker when Godden is in the team

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

It’s not about running 20km per game. My pet peeve is lazy players. He’s skilled enough when he’s in the action but loses interest easily.
Today for example he was in an offside position a couple of times on our breaks (luckily the ball didn’t get to him) He was also really slow to get back onside a few times taking himself out of any quick counters. He also tends to take up strange positions for kicks and throws McCallum’s long throw in the first half being a good example. Ostigard flicked on to the perfect space but no-one was there.
I’m not saying Biamou is a better player but I prefer him over Walker when Godden is in the team
Running around aimlessly is not a good trait. It’s same people who thought Doyle was better than Hughes

David O'Day

I know it’s half term and your probably grounded for being a twat . Explain why Walker is the man for us to stay up , and where/How he’s going to score with the 6 chances he had !

For someone who claims to have played at a decent level who do know fuck all about football.

Brighton Sky Blue

Really frustrating moment in the first half when he and Godden made the same run and got in each other’s way. Still a partnership in the works

Johhny Blue

The calls for Biamou to come in for Walker are ridiculous - he was involved in all 3 of the goals against Bristol City. Biamou is a League 2 player ffs.
This has been stated a few times and is correct. I have said he had a good game against Bristol City but let’s analyze his part in the three goals.
1. A blatant miskick in front of the net ended up as an assist.
2. Tripped for a penalty. Did well to go down although looked a little “divey” he wasn’t going anywhere dangerous
3. Played his part and did everything right in a great move against an over committed defence.
As I said it’s not that he’s a bad player I just want to see him more involved especially off the ball

Sick Boy

This has been stated a few times and is correct. I have said he had a good game against Bristol City but let’s analyze his part in the three goals.
2. Tripped for a penalty. Did well to go down although looked a little “divey” he wasn’t going anywhere dangerous
3. Played his part and did everything right in a great move against an over committed defence.
As I said it’s not that he’s a bad player I just want to see him more involved especially off the ball
You’ve just called for him to be dropped for a player who’s League 2 standard - the double standards are ridiculous. Biamou’s the last player we want involved between now and the rest of the season.

Brighton Sky Blue

I agree with that, being slow to get back from offside positions is a bug bear

Legia Sky Blue

No he wasn't. What's next? Killer was better than Peake?

They were different players, with polar opposite attitudes to the game. Hughes was far more talented, and when interested, as in his first season with us was a good player. After that season though he sat back and stopped putting in the effort, at which point Doyle was the more effective player for us.

Adge

Didn't Hughes win player of the season? Or am I imagining it?
Had a reasonable first year-got a big contract on the back of that-sat in the deck chair smoking cigars thereafter.

Magwitch1

I would say Gyo based on Godden still lacking sharpness, unless he blitzes training. Then again Biamou and Walker tore them a new one before so who knows
If fit Godden has to play and from the start he isn’t at full speed yet but will occupy Rotherham’s minds far more than the Gyo or Max.

ccfc1234

Callers on CWR calling for 'Max' haha - we probably won't ever see him in a City shirt again.
You could be right, if we stay up.

Not sure he would have been much less impactful than the front two today. Regardless however if you concede 4 were just not going to win games, no matter who we have up front.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Interesting to see all the teams around us are about to go on their best runs of the season all at the same time

Relegation threatened teams tend to improve at end of season. PRE! (correction not POST! )2000, Coventry fans know this very well.

My prediction for Derby is in line with their points per game. Birmingham definitely are on a big upward curve. Huddersfield will struggle but they have us to play at home and we are weak at playing at other teams home grounds . I'm proposing Rotherham will improve . They have so many games left and many against teams with nothing much to play for. A few people have commented about Rotherham's home form, I hope I'm wrong but having lots of home games in short spell could really energise their season.

Lets see but its going to be difficult to stay up without an improvement in away results.

Last edited:

Jamesimus

That's fair enough mate, you put it in a thoughtful and eloquent way though 😉

Brighton Sky Blue

If fit Godden has to play and from the start he isn’t at full speed yet but will occupy Rotherham’s minds far more than the Gyo or Max.

I agree with the reasoning there, it's just that lack of sharpness has cost us in a number of good attacking positions. That said, we need that partnership with Walker to click before the end.

Grendel

Johhny Blue

You’ve just called for him to be dropped for a player who’s League 2 standard - the double standards are ridiculous. Biamou’s the last player we want involved between now and the rest of the season.
I haven't called for anyone to be dropped. I think the team worked against Bristol City and am OK with them getting a run together (Utilizing the squad for subs). I did say I prefer Biamou with Godden up front.

Grendel

I haven't called for anyone to be dropped. I think the team worked against Bristol City and am OK with them getting a run together (Utilizing the squad for subs). I did say I prefer Biamou with Godden up front.

Why do you want biamou anywhere near the team?

Users who are viewing this thread